Pocket not loading up to 100%
1167 12 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beemysch
lvl.1
Germany

Got my Pocket since yesterday and charged the battery until it showed up full. After turning on the indicator was full, it only showed 87%.

Does anyone else experience this Problem?

Best regards

2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Does this happen every time you charge your Osmo Pocket? What charging are you using? Could you please send to me the serial number of your Osmo Pocket via PM? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-19
Use props
Beemysch
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 12-19 10:19
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Does this happen every time you charge your Osmo Pocket? What charging are you using? Could you please send to me the serial number of your Osmo Pocket via PM? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.

Charged it via Phone Charger and via Computer. Both ways the green light turns off and in the Pockets settings it stays at 85%-87%. PN is following!
2018-12-19
Use props
Beemysch
lvl.1
Germany

Hooked it up for charging again and inspected the process. As soon as the lights went off, it showed 100%. But after 10 Minutes the capacity went down to 93%! It seems, that it drains battery unused! How do i refund my pocket?
2018-12-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beemysch Posted at 12-19 11:09
Hooked it up for charging again and inspected the process. As soon as the lights went off, it showed 100%. But after 10 Minutes the capacity went down to 93%! It seems, that it drains battery unused! How do i refund my pocket?

This may sound a little "hoakee" and not-so-believable, but LiPo batteries need a few charge cycles to get "trained" to 100%.  At least that's what I've learned from the "other" world of quad aircraft.  Before discovering DJI aircraft I was using Parrot brand and a few models made by LaTrax (Traxxas).  Similar complaints were made on related forums and over time we learned that LiPo multi cell "smart" batteries needed multiple cycles to get up to the 95-100%.  That may be what you're experiencing here.
2018-12-19
Use props
Beemysch
lvl.1
Germany

Never encountered an issue like this with any other lipo device.
Besides it takes too long to recharge, my device is getting very hot while recharging...

Not accepteable.
2018-12-19
Use props
mareklew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4026 ft
United States

Beemysch Posted at 12-19 22:06
Never encountered an issue like this with any other lipo device.
Besides it takes too long to recharge, my device is getting very hot while recharging...

Does not sound too good - mine gets warm, but not hot during recharge.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Beemysch Posted at 12-19 10:25
Charged it via Phone Charger and via Computer. Both ways the green light turns off and in the Pockets settings it stays at 85%-87%. PN is following!

Hi, thanks for providing the information. Have you tried to use a charger brick and plug it into a power outlet to see if there will be changes? I would recommend using the charger brick that has a capability of 5V and 2Amp. Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-12-20
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

LiPo can be a little finicky.  I would completely cycle the battery once to see what happens.  

1. Run the camera until it powers off on its own (record some 4k 60)
2. Once the Pocket powers itself off let it charge to 100% uninterrupted.

As @webparrot mentioned it can take a few cycles for correct itself.  Try two or three times.  
2018-12-20
Use props
Beemysch
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 12-20 09:48
Hi, thanks for providing the information. Have you tried to use a charger brick and plug it into a power outlet to see if there will be changes? I would recommend using the charger brick that has a capability of 5V and 2Amp. Please keep us posted for further help.

Sure, tested, charged up to 100% after a way too long time for the missing 10-15% and the device heated up again.
Left it unhooked for 10 minutes. 85%!  Recorded 1080/60 for 60 minutes until the camera turned off (what is even far away from the 140minutes promised). The unit got very hot. Repeated the charging process, same issue.
For now I´m done. Wrote a mail to amy.peng@dji.com (as mentioned in an eMail from Klarna) to provide further information about the refund. Still no answer.
Will contact Klarna tomorrow and call the German DJI Hotline to send the unit back!
Hopefully DJI will refund my money quickly?!?
2018-12-20
Use props
Beemysch
lvl.1
Germany

Vermifuge Posted at 12-20 10:15
LiPo can be a little finicky.  I would completely cycle the battery once to see what happens.  

1. Run the camera until it powers off on its own (record some 4k 60)

Shuts down after 60 minutes and gets hot! That does not feel right!
Besides LiPo learns how far it can charge up?! So at some point it will learn that the 85% is a full charge?! Who can tell, that at least my unremovable battery will use the full potential? No one! That makes me feel too uncertain to keep a 360€ product!
2018-12-20
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

Beemysch Posted at 12-20 10:25
Shuts down after 60 minutes and gets hot! That does not feel right!
Besides LiPo learns how far it can charge up?! So at some point it will learn that the 85% is a full charge?! Who can tell, that at least my unremovable battery will use the full potential? No one! That makes me feel too uncertain to keep a 360€ product!

@OP seems more concerned with a refund.  I suspect buyers remorse more than wanting an actual solution.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Vermifuge Posted at 12-20 10:49
@OP seems more concerned with a refund.  I suspect buyers remorse more than wanting an actual solution.

Hi there, sorry for the delay. Could you please send us a PM with your order number so we can further check this? Thank you
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules