What are others doing about Osmo Shield?
4043 39 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Is it worth it?  at USD$29 it's pretty cheap.  I have 3 weeks to decide.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day col4bin. The DJI Osmo Shield is a wonderful plan for the DJI Osmo Pocket. If you purchase the Osmo Shield, this service will extend your Osmo’s warranty period by one year. If an issue occurs within two years of purchase, one-time only Accidental Hardware Damage Coverage included with your purchase of the Osmo Shield will cover repairs. For additional reference I will post a link where you can learn more about the Osmo Shield. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/service/osmo-shield/info#faq
2018-12-19
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Is this why DJI added the wrist strap to the case and not the device... ;)

#smash
2018-12-19
Use props
k9kids
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

I bought it.

I consider it a cheap safeguard.
2018-12-19
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I would prob buy it but it seems it's not available in the UK? Strange as I have the care plan for my drone..
2018-12-19
Use props
fridh
lvl.2
Sweden

I would like to buy shield. But its not available in Sweden
2018-12-19
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8754354 ft
Belgium

Not available in Europe.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fridh Posted at 12-19 13:45
I would like to buy shield. But its not available in Sweden

Hi, sorry that the Osmo Shield is currently available in the US, Canada, and Mainland China at the moment. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-19
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
United Kingdom

As long as it's fixed in 30 days right??

Dont take this the wrong way but in the history of DJI shipping unfinnished products do you mean to tell me that the service agreement is unfinnished in Europe?  I mean how can a virtual agreement not be complete, the clock is ticking on mine...
2018-12-19
Use props
FarangPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1318976 ft

I got the option when i bought mine in Thailand.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FarangPilot Posted at 12-19 23:01
I got the option when i bought mine in Thailand.

Hi, thanks for your inputs. You mean, you were able to purchase the Osmo shield in Thailand? If yes, where did you purchase the plan? Please keep us posted. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-20
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

I'm in Sweden as well. Will European customers be able to buy the insurance and "activate it" outside the 30-day limit (seeing as it's not available now)?
2018-12-20
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Chris1a Posted at 12-20 18:39
I'm in Sweden as well. Will European customers be able to buy the insurance and "activate it" outside the 30-day limit (seeing as it's not available now)?

Osmo Shield will not be available for European countries. Osmo Shield extends the warranty period to a total of two years. In Sweden and many other European countries the warranty period is already two years.
2018-12-22
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 01:19
Osmo Shield will not be available for European countries. Osmo Shield extends the warranty period to a total of two years. In Sweden and many other European countries the warranty period is already two years.

In no EU country are you covered for accidental damage to a product or for discounts on future purchases.  There is also only limited consumer protection for products purchased that are over 6 months old.

For example, with respect to free repairs, if a defect develops within 6 months a customer is entitled to either a repair or a refund.  After the first six months, the burden is on the customer to prove that the product was faulty at the time the goods were delivered.  In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems or defects across the product range.  The retailer can also make a deduction from any refund for fair use after the first 6 months of ownership if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful.
2018-12-22
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Jeffuk Posted at 12-22 02:34
In no EU country are you covered for accidental damage to a product or for discounts on future purchases.  There is also only limited consumer protection for products purchased that are over 6 months old.

For example, with respect to free repairs, if a defect develops within 6 months a customer is entitled to either a repair or a refund.  After the first six months, the burden is on the customer to prove that the product was faulty at the time the goods were delivered.  In practice, this may require some form of expert report, opinion or evidence of similar problems or defects across the product range.  The retailer can also make a deduction from any refund for fair use after the first 6 months of ownership if an attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful.

Yes, you are correct that might be the case in some EU countries. Take for instance Norway, where I'm based:

We have two years of warranty, and up to five years of "complaint-right" (not sure how to translate this from Norwegian). We have no such 6 months limit as you mention. But anyhow; Osmo Shield isn't available and won't be available. It just sucks that all OP's are delivered with a small note that advertises for Osmo Shield...
2018-12-22
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 02:49
Yes, you are correct that might be the case in some EU countries. Take for instance Norway, where I'm based:

We have two years of warranty, and up to five years of "complaint-right" (not sure how to translate this from Norwegian). We have no such 6 months limit as you mention. But anyhow; Osmo Shield isn't available and won't be available. It just sucks that all OP's are delivered with a small note that advertises for Osmo Shield...

EU stands for "European Union" and Norway is not a part of The EU.
2018-12-22
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Jeffuk Posted at 12-22 03:25
EU stands for "European Union" and Norway is not a part of The EU.

Yup that is of my knowledge. Just used as an example.
2018-12-22
Use props
januszrychter
lvl.4
Canada

I bought it, with 50% off and $1.48 credit it cost me only $13.02.
2018-12-22
Use props
haubrich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

januszrychter Posted at 2018-12-22 08:37
I bought it, with 50% off and $1.48 credit it cost me only $13.02.
[view_image]

How did you get the 50% discount? Thanks in advance.
2019-1-23
Use props
haubrich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1099268 ft
United States

januszrychter Posted at 2018-12-22 08:37
I bought it, with 50% off and $1.48 credit it cost me only $13.02.
[view_image]

2019-1-23
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

haubrich Posted at 1-23 15:58

I have no idea, it could be because I ordered OP, Wireless Module, Accessory Mount, Controller Wheel and DJI Select ($49) from DJI. I'm planning to upgrade my MP to M2P or new Phantom so hopefully the DJI Select is a good investment in long term I created order shown below and I get 20% off on accessories and together with credit I will save $80.00. If I would place this order I would be ahead $40.00:
2019-1-23
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

There is another aspect when considering purchase from DJI directcly and that is the purchase is tax, duty and shipment free. I'm in Canada and this is something to keep in mind if you want to save few $$$.
2019-1-23
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2019-1-23
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

I take care of my stuff and if its going to kark it, it will do so in the warranty period.  I am sick of places trying to get a few more bucks out of me.   
2019-1-23
Use props
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-19 14:25
Hi, sorry that the Osmo Shield is currently available in the US, Canada, and Mainland China at the moment. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.

It's also available in Hong Kong. I bought it here. I think it's definitely worth it. Most people are careful with their gear, but accidents always happen. To extend the warranty to 2 years, AND be idiot covered, it's a no brainer for US$30. Unless of course you just plan on getting the OP2 next year anyway, in which case you probably won't require it (even though I bust my gimbal within 1 week of buying it!).
2019-1-23
Use props
KGB131
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-19 14:25

No, I don't understand. Why did you alienate your MASSIVE UK/EU customer base? Is it really that hard to offer us a care plan like a drone? Is it that hard to release the advertised accessories? Where is the support rod? How about we get some clear answers for once before I disown DJI for good.
2019-1-24
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

I believe that the reason for Osmo Shield not beeing available for EU countries is that it is not needed.

EU law also stipulates that you must give the consumer a minimum 2-year guarantee (legal guarantee) as a protection against faulty goods, or goods that don't look or work as advertised.

See: https://europa.eu/youreurope/bus ... antees/index_en.htm
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

theprisoner6666 Posted at 1-23 21:39
It's also available in Hong Kong. I bought it here. I think it's definitely worth it. Most people are careful with their gear, but accidents always happen. To extend the warranty to 2 years, AND be idiot covered, it's a no brainer for US$30. Unless of course you just plan on getting the OP2 next year anyway, in which case you probably won't require it (even though I bust my gimbal within 1 week of buying it!).

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, the Osmo Shield was released on Dec 24, 2018, in Australia and Hong Kong. Currently, we don't have any update that there will be upcoming OP2, we would recommend paying attention to our website for a further update. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KGB131 Posted at 1-24 02:25
No, I don't understand. Why did you alienate your MASSIVE UK/EU customer base? Is it really that hard to offer us a care plan like a drone? Is it that hard to release the advertised accessories? Where is the support rod? How about we get some clear answers for once before I disown DJI for good.

Hi, we do apologize that the DJI Care refresh is not available in UK/EU as of the time being, however, we will forward your feedback to our team for consideration.
2019-1-24
Use props
jedp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 991991 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NoëI Posted at 1-24 06:16
I believe that the reason for Osmo Shield not beeing available for EU countries is that it is not needed.

Partly... but that's just warranty, not accidentail damage sadly... and Brexit may put UK buyers at another disadvantage...meaning we just get 1 year of warranty if there is a hard Brexit
2019-1-25
Use props
Spazz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86588 ft
United States

I thought about not getting it, but glad I did.   I was on a Caribbean Cruise 2 weeks ago and decided to get a timelapse of the sunset when it fell off the table it was on... about 3 foot drop to the floor… gimbal error occurred with no fixing.

When I returned home, I got online and chatted with DJI support... they started a case for me on that Monday.  I got my shipping labels on Wednesday with instructions on what was needed in the box and ON THE BOX.  

Shipped it out on Friday.... they received in on Tuesday and diagnosed the Problems  

Wednesday, I got confirmation emails of repair and shipment and received my OP back Friday ( yesterday )

NO CHARGE because I purchased OSMO SHIELD...  well worth the money if you ask me.

On that note....  I have to give DJI Support a BIG THANK YOU for the painless and seamless process throughout this event.

GET THE SHEILD... the gimbal is a delicate instrument and you NEVER KNOW what could happen
2019-1-26
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

My husband bought it as part of my Christmas gift. Well worth it.
2019-1-26
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-19 10:47
Hello and good day col4bin. The DJI Osmo Shield is a wonderful plan for the DJI Osmo Pocket. If you purchase the Osmo Shield, this service will extend your Osmo’s warranty period by one year. If an issue occurs within two years of purchase, one-time only Accidental Hardware Damage Coverage included with your purchase of the Osmo Shield will cover repairs. For additional reference I will post a link where you can learn more about the Osmo Shield. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/service/osmo-shield/info#faq

Can I add the Osmo Shield to the osmo pocket I bought from Best Buy or only if I purchased the OP directly from DJI?  
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Joemar7 Posted at 1-28 09:14
Can I add the Osmo Shield to the osmo pocket I bought from Best Buy or only if I purchased the OP directly from DJI?

Hello and goo day Joemar7. Thank you for the inquiry. Yes you may be able to purchase the DJI Osmo Shield for your DJI Osmo Pocket that you have purchased from Best Buy as long as the requirements are met. 1.Brand new and 2.Activated less than 30 days. For additional reference I will post a link where you can check the overview of the DJI Osmo Shield. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/service/osmo ... ndsite&from=nav
2019-1-28
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-28 09:24
Hello and goo day Joemar7. Thank you for the inquiry. Yes you may be able to purchase the DJI Osmo Shield for your DJI Osmo Pocket that you have purchased from Best Buy as long as the requirements are met. 1.Brand new and 2.Activated less than 30 days. For additional reference I will post a link where you can check the overview of the DJI Osmo Shield. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/service/osmo ... ndsite&from=nav

Thank You DJI Stephen.  I was not aware of that.  It is then a great deal.  Best Buy charges $70 for a two yr protection plan.  
2019-1-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Joemar7 Posted at 1-28 09:42
Thank You DJI Stephen.  I was not aware of that.  It is then a great deal.  Best Buy charges $70 for a two yr protection plan.

You are very much welcome Joemar7. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-1-28
Use props
fanse203c542
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161388 ft
United States

Hello.  I bought my Osmo Pocket from Adorama when it was first released. I also purchased the Osmo Shield and the Expansion Kit. Those ended up on backorder (still are). I didn’t think about it at the time because I figured that if the Shield was backordered, I could enroll my Osmo Pocket when the Shield became available. Is there a provision to allow people like me to enroll after the 30 days when the retailer can ship the Shield? I use my Osmo Pocket a lot and I’m bothered that there’s no strap on the actual unit. I even keep my DSLR on a wrist strap because you never know when you are in a crowd and you get jostled enough to lose your grip. I’d hate to know I’m out of pocket on repair when I actually bought the extended warranty at the time of purchase but couldn’t register it due to nonshipment.
2019-2-6
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Not available in germany
2019-2-7
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I added my OP to my State Farm PAP policy with all my drones and camera stuff.
2019-2-7
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Too cheap not to do it. BUY IT NOW!

You'll kick yourself if you forget.
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced