Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 2018-12-24 21:31
Hi, I am using 4.3.5.

How about Litchi, is it any better? Just wondering, why turn off the video cache?

I don't know about Litchi - I won't pay without a demo version to prove any difference, but they use the same SDK. The video cache uses resources on your device during flight - it's recording 720 resolution at 30 FPS - & storing all the flight data on your device whilst trying to control the flight. That may slow your device whilst processing flight data & create 'lag' & disconnection issues. Backup, then delete the app & anything else in the DJI directory on your device. Reinstall, turn OFF video cache, download the map, enter airplane mode, turn on wifi & fly.
Search the internet for Spark, IOS, Settings. Similar with Android.  It's an old problem if you search the internet.  Why? - it's a phone/tablet with limited resources - unless you have the latest & best device that may work.  I'd rather keep my Spark than have a fly-away. Record to the Spark SD card, not the IOS/Android device.   At the end of the day, the app should make control. Spark the priority & not collapse due to extra video recording demands.  Maybe a software or hardware limit within the device. Spark sends the info via wifi, various ports for control & info up & down, plus another port for the video feed. Old versions of DJI Go prior to 4.2.6 may provide plain text logs. Then you can see everything. RC & AC channels, & strength, during flight. Unfortunately, later versions are encrypted. Only CsvView or a few sites can decode all the info.  Google or your favourite search engine is your friend to decode logs directly from Spark or the DJI Go 4 app.   Otherwise, upload the logs to DJI support & wait for their response.
I lost faith, but learning that old software works better.
'Windows 3' once ran on a 386/486 PC. Now Windows 10 needs a multi-cpu I3+ with plenty of memory. Same with Apple devices.
My old 12 Mhz 286 was faster in DOS mode compared to today's devices. Boot to prompt in 10 seconds. Then run games & connect to BBS's via a 2400 bps modem.
I'm just an old computer geek... before the internet...
The point is, use the software that works with your device & turn off anything extra you don't need.
(SysOp - Thunderdome BBS / FidoNet - Melbourne Australia 1980's)

Good Luck.
2019-1-2
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Sparkz71 Posted at 1-2 02:17
I don't know about Litchi - I won't pay without a demo version to prove any difference, but they use the same SDK. The video cache uses resources on your device during flight - it's recording 720 resolution at 30 FPS - & storing all the flight data on your device whilst trying to control the flight. That may slow your device whilst processing flight data & create 'lag' & disconnection issues. Backup, then delete the app & anything else in the DJI directory on your device. Reinstall, turn OFF video cache, download the map, enter airplane mode, turn on wifi & fly.
Search the internet for Spark, IOS, Settings. Similar with Android.  It's an old problem if you search the internet.  Why? - it's a phone/tablet with limited resources - unless you have the latest & best device that may work.  I'd rather keep my Spark than have a fly-away. Record to the Spark SD card, not the IOS/Android device.   At the end of the day, the app should make control. Spark the priority & not collapse due to extra video recording demands.  Maybe a software or hardware limit within the device. Spark sends the info via wifi, various ports for control & info up & down, plus another port for the video feed. Old versions of DJI Go prior to 4.2.6 may provide plain text logs. Then you can see everything. RC & AC channels, & strength, during flight. Unfortunately, later versions are encrypted. Only CsvView or a few sites can decode all the info.  Google or your favourite search engine is your friend to decode logs directly from Spark or the DJI Go 4 app.   Otherwise, upload the logs to DJI support & wait for their response.
I lost faith, but learning that old software works better.

My problem is that it disconnected from the RC and the phone, both. Now I have an OTG cable so not sure how it's going to behave next time with that.

I don't have LItchi yet, it's too expensive and it stay at that price I won't buy it. Litchi is VERY different as it provide waypoints, which the DGI GO 4 app does not have. So with LItchi, if it lose connection with the remote it will complete its mission no matter what. Unless it goes into ATTI mode, then what mode always screw up everything no matter what app you are using to fly, but that's another story...
2019-1-2
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 1-2 06:27
My problem is that it disconnected from the RC and the phone, both. Now I have an OTG cable so not sure how it's going to behave next time with that.

I don't have LItchi yet, it's too expensive and it stay at that price I won't buy it. Litchi is VERY different as it provide waypoints, which the DGI GO 4 app does not have. So with LItchi, if it lose connection with the remote it will complete its mission no matter what. Unless it goes into ATTI mode, then what mode always screw up everything no matter what app you are using to fly, but that's another story...

I know about Litchi & waypoints. It is different. Basic auto-pilot within the application. I'm not sure if Spark can remember the waypoints internally without direct contact to the RC. Fail-safe is RTH when disconnected? I thought only the Mavic etc had that extra ability? Spark relies on a constant connection? I hope I am wrong!

In a modern jet plane, the FMU can be programmed with all sorts of details. Just check a flight simulator program ( FS 2004 etc)  & fly a jet,  to understand.
In the real world, the Spark is like a Cessna. Auto pilot is limited to height, direction & attitude between flight levels. Limited to VFR (Visual flight rules). Unlike a Boeing or Airbus that can identify waypoints, beacons & fly IFR (Instrument flight rules), with auto landing etc.  There is a BIG difference in the technology used & the pilot must know how to fly via VFR or IFR, depending on skills, experience & qualifications.  'Simple' drones are basically VFR. They can not normally detect the extra navigation devices provided by the local air-services to fly IFR.    Back to GPS & auto pilot. Lose GPS &/or auto pilot commands (RC) then the mission will most likely fail with Spark. Mavic (+) may remember the co-ordinates & continue with a GPS signal without an RC connected.
That's the basics - I don't know if Spark is just a Cessna, or can be converted to a Learjet with a fully functioning FMU via Litchi?  
I'm not confident to test... Spark cost enough. Maybe somebody else can explain further?
2019-1-3
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Sparkz71 Posted at 1-3 03:59
I know about Litchi & waypoints. It is different. Basic auto-pilot within the application. I'm not sure if Spark can remember the waypoints internally without direct contact to the RC. Fail-safe is RTH when disconnected? I thought only the Mavic etc had that extra ability? Spark relies on a constant connection? I hope I am wrong!

In a modern jet plane, the FMU can be programmed with all sorts of details. Just check a flight simulator program ( FS 2004 etc)  & fly a jet,  to understand.

With LItchi the mission will continue as planned if it disconnect from the remote. The danger is if the Spark goes into ATTI mode, then it will abord any mission and go to hell or else. In ATTI mode the Spark would not be able to complete any mission with any software and would not return home either. You either control it with the remote if it is still connected, or it will drift away and land eventually.
2019-1-3
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Daniella3d Posted at 2018-12-24 21:31
Hi, I am using 4.3.5.

How about Litchi, is it any better? Just wondering, why turn off the video cache?

Try using litchi, much stable on IOS.
2019-1-4
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-4 01:33
Try using litchi, much stable on IOS.

If I use Litchi and something happen to my Spark during flight with it, it won't be covered by the warranty nor the DJI Care Refresh. So I might eventually use Litchi, in a year or two, when my Spark is out of warranty and Care Refresh. Otherwise it is not worth the risk.

What's the point of buying DJI Care Refresh if it's void by using a third party software?
2019-1-4
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 1-4 19:53
If I use Litchi and something happen to my Spark during flight with it, it won't be covered by the warranty nor the DJI Care Refresh. So I might eventually use Litchi, in a year or two, when my Spark is out of warranty and Care Refresh. Otherwise it is not worth the risk.

What's the point of buying DJI Care Refresh if it's void by using a third party software?

I don't think Spark has the brains for Litchi to work with waypoints once disconnected from the RC.  It may work with the Mavic series. "Red waypoint" may also work within RC range.   
You can fly Spark without any apps - just the Spark & RC.
-  So what happens if a 3rd party IOS/Android app controls the flight? It should not avoid warranty unless the app causes a crash - same as human error?
The definition of third party software needs explaining.  
Logs within Spark itself (via DJI Assistant) will show the truth & DJI should assist with any claims, providing you still have Spark & the inbuilt flight records.  
Using DJI Go 4 or any other software is optional. The basic Spark can operate with hand control, no app or RC required once set up.
So, forget the apps & the remote controller (once gesture mode is enabled)  Divide the difference & it comes down to the Spark firmware & any settings from previous apps. Simple.
DJI Care or the basic warranty should cover errors within Spark. Saying 3rd party software voids warranty is rubbish, considering the combinations possible.
That's why I use an older version of DJI Go 4 - 4.2.6 - plain English logs.
Think about it - Spark in Gesture mode vs's RC vs's xyz app. The Spark firmware should be in control at the end of the day. If it fails DJI is at fault, regardless of the devices connected. It's legal, in my eyes, to claim against the device for any faults, despite the flight controller or any applications.

2019-1-7
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

That's it. No matter what everybody says, in the end that's all there is. So yeah you might fight to death with them to get a replacement, you might win, you might not. I just don't want all the hassle.

Should cover, would cover, should have covered, or maybe not, it's all big speculation. Toss a coin...it's the same thing. Well, at least with tossing a coin you have 50% chances of winning. I doubt there is that much possibility with DJI and a crash using a third party software.
2019-1-8
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Your

Daniella3d Posted at 1-8 19:07
You really don't get it. It is very very obvious though. This is a way for DJI to avoid honoring the warranty or the DJI Care Refresh.

That's it. No matter what everybody says, in the end that's all there is. So yeah you might fight to death with them to get a replacement, you might win, you might not. I just don't want all the hassle.

Yeah I get it. Have you ever been in court? I have. Civil court may win your case, just spend $20k to solve a $1k problem. But a class action may assist in future. I get it 100%. Read the fine print - the device is not related to the software (DJI Go 4 APP). If you don't fight, your lose. Simple. Prove your have something to complain about or walk away if you made mistakes? Stand up & be honest, unless you are wrong & in denial? Why complain, ask for help & then reject advice? Are you for real or just stirring?
2019-1-12
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

Sparkz71 Posted at 1-12 01:38
Yeah I get it. Have you ever been in court? I have. Civil court may win your case, just spend $20k to solve a $1k problem. But a class action may assist in future. I get it 100%. Read the fine print - the device is not related to the software (DJI Go 4 APP). If you don't fight, your lose. Simple. Prove your have something to complain about or walk away if you made mistakes? Stand up & be honest, unless you are wrong & in denial? Why complain, ask for help & then reject advice? Are you for real or just stirring?

I read your post again & I think you need help in the head. I tried my best, but you say I don't get it?  Again why ask for help & be so ignorant? You have your mind made up - nobody can help you!
2019-1-12
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Australia

You sound like a newbie, but have enough knowledge to argue. Are you a troll? I guess so, otherwise you would listen to others. I give up & don't trust you from your behaviour.  I won't help you, nor will others if you carry on this way.  
2019-1-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

Sparkz71 Posted at 1-12 04:00
You sound like a newbie, but have enough knowledge to argue. Are you a troll? I guess so, otherwise you would listen to others. I give up & don't trust you from your behaviour.  I won't help you, nor will others if you carry on this way.

You sound like a newbie to me, Spark works perfectly with waypoints. in fact most of the mavic pro flymodes works with a Spark.
I use Litchi, i use DJI GO4 mod , i use dji go mod missions and all of these programs Spark works well with waypoints
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-12 04:11
You sound like a newbie to me, Spark works perfectly with waypoints. in fact most of the mavic pro flymodes works with a Spark.
I use Litchi, i use DJI GO4 mod , i use dji go mod missions and all of these programs Spark works well with waypoints

Sure I am a newbie. All I was saying is that I won't use Litchi because it will void my warranty and my DJI Care Refresh.

Sure you might fight to death with DJI on that, but I won't. I don't need that kind of hassle.  I wish that people stop telling me that I can use Litchi and DJI will honor the warranty yada yada, because they won't. I called them, I asked them here and the response I got is NO if you use a third party app, the Spark won't be covered. I guess it's pointless to argue as I won't go that route.
The rest is welcome. Also I have no idea why he tought 'you don't get it' is insulting, but I am French so not sure about the way English people feel about that. What I meant to say is 'you don't understand what DJI told me and the implications of it.' Anyway, I am done with this.
2019-1-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Netherlands

it's your own choice having lost connection or use a third party software based on DJI own SDK wich is very stable. Good Luck.
2019-1-13
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

MavSpa_user Posted at 1-13 00:38
it's your own choice having lost connection or use a third party software based on DJI own SDK wich is very stable. Good Luck.

I will use Litchi for sure, but only after my warranty is over.
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules