Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot connect to my Mac
6415 13 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vosan
New
United States

Hi everyone!
I have a problem when connecting to my MacBook Pro via USB-to-C cable. I'm getting the next message on my Mac:
"USB Accessories Disabled
Unplug the accessory using too much power to re-enable USB devices."
(screenshot of the message is in attachments)

Does someone have a similar problem? How to solve this?
Thank you in advance

the message from Mac

the message from Mac
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

There is 2 things we need to confirm:

1.Is  the phone adapter removed when connecting to PC?
2. u click the connect to PC on screen and the screen shows connected to PC ,right?
2018-12-20
Use props
vosan
New
United States

1. Yes, the adapter is removed (that was something I found on the forum before doing my post)
2. Modal "Connect to PC" with buttons Yes and No appears for a second and then disappears. After it disappears, the message on my mac shows up. For me looks like Mac just blocking this connection because the camera uses too much power.
I even tried to click on Yes button before the modal disappears, but still no luck.
2018-12-20
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Just an idea. Try another USB port and another USBC cable with 56k ohm resistor. Almost all new good branded USBC manufacturers provide these cables with the resistor.
2018-12-20
Use props
vosan
New
United States

Ok, it's finally resolved.
The idea with trying another USB-C port didn't have much sense for me but it actually worked. I figured that when I use any of two ports on my left side I'm getting the message mentioned above, but both ports on the right side are working just fine. I have no clue why it is like this, but it is how it is.
By the way, I'm using a standard Apple adapter from USB-C to USB-C, HDMI, and USB.

Thank you, @Webcruise, for the advice.
2018-12-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You might have to change settings on your mac to allow for the unit.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi vosan, glad to know the issue has been figured out, please keep us updated if you have any further concern.
2018-12-21
Use props
Kxronos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82090 ft
United States

vosan Posted at 2018-12-20 17:11
Ok, it's finally resolved.
The idea with trying another USB-C port didn't have much sense for me but it actually worked. I figured that when I use any of two ports on my left side I'm getting the message mentioned above, but both ports on the right side are working just fine. I have no clue why it is like this, but it is how it is.
By the way, I'm using a standard Apple adapter from USB-C to USB-C, HDMI, and USB.

That worked for me too. That's really weird. I tried both left ports and tried plugging power into the Mac.  The moment I plugged the Osmo Pocket into the right 2 ports, it worked fine.

On a side note, I found it funny that if i had the Pocket on before plugging in the USB cable, the Osmo would actually charge my 15" MacBook Pro.
2019-4-23
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

what I have found is that you have to connect the USB-C cable first to the OP and then connect the cable to the Mac. Every time I have the cable already connected to the Mac and then plug in the OP, I get this same error message.
2019-4-23
Use props
Aysh
New
Brunei

I am having the same problem, but was unable to troubleshoot it with the above suggestions. I am in the exact same situation as Vosan in his post.
2019-6-4
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I believe the USB sockets on the right hand side of a Mac have a higher power output than those on the left hand side. Understand Mac have been made like that for many years now.
2019-6-4
Use props
Aysh
New
Brunei

Gelert Posted at 6-4 10:51
I believe the USB sockets on the right hand side of a Mac have a higher power output than those on the left hand side. Understand Mac have been made like that for many years now.

Thanks for the reply! So I tried using the same USB-c cable that was provided, but with a different connector, and it worked instantly. However, as soon as the firmware was updated and I quit the DJI Ronin Assistant program, the USB Accessories Disabled error message popped up again.

Anyway, what's important is that I got my device updated!

Thanks!
2019-6-4
Use props
BlueLeader
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've been having the same problem today. The resolution was as above (to use the Right Hand Side ports).
2019-6-24
Use props
djiuser_8BptrXI5Y57J
New
United States

Hello everybody! Same trouble here! I tried all the 4 ports and two different adapters, but still charging and not connecting the OSMO Mobile to my Mac Book Pro. How can I set the USB-C for connecting and not charging the device?
2019-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules