refuses to turn around without a stop
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wntmldrs_belgium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

My P3 is still a perfect flyer, but yaw thing annoys me.
When i initate a pan from the remote it all goes well till a certain point. To get over this point I have to push the stick further and then the P3 continues it's pan.
Is it the wind, the flightcontroller, the sticks ... i'm lost there.
When I do a panorama the P3 merrily does the whole dance.
It must be the sticks....
And I am not sending it in......
2018-12-20
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

mmmmmm think of it this way ...

You are asking it to fly straight and Flight Controller sets the power level to do it ... then you ask it to pan (rotate) ... this means the Flight Controller is now completing TWO jobs and balancing the motors thrust / output to complete the commands ... fwd flight and rotate. Overall this will mean an increase in power demand by the Flight Controller ...

TBH - I've never noticed having to increase stick power to complete such a manoeuvre but then again - I fly and alter sticks without really thinking about it ... having flown for so many years RC. But I do notice the reluctance of the AC to change direction for a few sec's if I just pan while flying forward ... I have to nudge it with the right stick as well ... its called co-ordinated turns ... (I am well aware in fixed wing - its a combo of Rudder and Aileron ... here its a combo of YAW and SIDE slip).

Nigel
2018-12-20
Use props
wntmldrs_belgium
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello,
Solentlife, thanks for replying.
we're in the same timezone, that helps the communication, both awake.
When I pan a landscape it's mostly a preparation of a equirectangular series. I firstly make a video of the 360° and then I shoot the 20 DNG's to be stitched together afterwards.
It all happens while hanging still. So it's not two jobs, it's just a tripod action.
But I keep forgetting that the hesitation maybe is just the gimbal that is trying to catch up with the revolving craft. If it encounters a change in wind power in a certain direction it has to adjust.
My brother has a Mavic and it is plain clear that the processor power has multiplied in those years. Whatever the Mavic does, the correction is goes unnoticed.
I'll try and tweak the gimbal settings.
2018-12-20
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

wntmldrs_belgium Posted at 12-20 04:15
Hello,
Solentlife, thanks for replying.
we're in the same timezone, that helps the communication, both awake.

I'd be taking a close look at the gimbal settings/advanced settings in the DJI Go app. It sounds like it is set up for smooth "cinematic" pans, which isn't as abrupt as you are expecting.  The camera will pan slowly and smoothly, despite the more abrupt aircraft yaw.  You can speed it up to whatever level you like, and it can be quite snappy if you desire.  You may also have an option to turn on a setting "Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow" which is intended to give you a more simultaneous movement.  It might be confusing for some as the term "pan" means the same thing for the camera as "yaw" means for the aircraft.  You will probably find that the Mavic you are comparing it to has been set up this way, and the Phantom was set up at the other end of the scale.
2018-12-20
Use props
wntmldrs_belgium
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello Endoterm,
I'll try your "Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow", but I think it is meant to follow the movement of the bird without any smoothing out .....
and  I'll check the Mavic setup. As soon as the weather is better i'll try the new pan setting.
Thanks

2018-12-22
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

wntmldrs_belgium Posted at 12-22 12:43
Hello Endoterm,
I'll try your "Enable synchronized gimbal pan follow", but I think it is meant to follow the movement of the bird without any smoothing out .....
and  I'll check the Mavic setup. As soon as the weather is better i'll try the new pan setting.

wonderful shot !
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules