Spark only has 2.4Ghz
926 5 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jkwooley5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193294 ft
Japan

My drone only shows 2.4 Ghz as an option now. Formerly, it was only connected to 5.8 Ghz and the range was perfect. Now 2.4 Ghz is the only option and the range is pathetic. I have turned the drone, the RC, and my phone off and powered them all on again. I have also Updated the software for my iPhone (iPhone 8 Plus) and installed the latest firmware for the DJI Go App.

I have deleted and re-installed the app. I have changed the password to the Spark's WiFi. I have performed the CE to FCC trick. I have connected the Spark using OTG and I have connected it using WiFi to just my phone. Is there something I have not done?

Exhibit A

Exhibit A
2018-12-20
Use props
MavSpa_user
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

android? yes then install an old version 4.1.14 and change via WIFI the band, then install 4.1.15 (and connected via OTG), or use a modded DJIgo 4 version which allow to change the band via OTG
2018-12-20
Use props
jkwooley5
lvl.1
Japan

Thank you for your reply.Before the thread goes off in this direction, I do not have an android. I use an Apple iPhone 8+.

Just as an update, I was working on the issue for five hours yesterday with DJI via Facebook messenger. The issue still has not been resolved. Besides what we talked about before, I downloaded DJ Assistant 2. I restored to factory settings on the drone, to no avail.

DJI has asked me to use someone else’s phone to download the DJI GO app 4, and see if I still have the same issue. Will update after today.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it may cause. If you use the OTG cable for you to connect your mobile device then you might be automatically put you to the most stable signal. I would like to ask since you've managed to connect your phone via Wi-Fi then you suppose to have a 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz option on wi-fi settings. Please keep us posted on the latest progress upon using a different mobile device. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-20
Use props
jkwooley5
lvl.1
United States

I have also tried not using an OTG cable and still have the same effect. There are no channels that come up for me to choose from. Only the 2.4 ghz option that is shown on the picture I have submitted to the forum. When I press it on the touchscreen, nothing happens.

I have not been able to use anyone else’s phone just yet. I will be using an android phone later to see the results. However, I will also try to just connect my phone and the drone today to see if that makes some difference. The controller may be the problem somehow. I don’t see that it could be, but so far the drone has been put back into factory settings twice and the DJI GO App 4 has been deleted and downloaded again three times. The odd man out may be the controller somehow not providing 5.8 ghz.

I’m just spitballing at this point since there are no recommendations that seem to make any difference.

Any advice is welcome.
2018-12-20
Use props
Hani
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

jkwooley5 Posted at 12-20 19:09
I have also tried not using an OTG cable and still have the same effect. There are no channels that come up for me to choose from. Only the 2.4 ghz option that is shown on the picture I have submitted to the forum. When I press it on the touchscreen, nothing happens.

I have not been able to use anyone else’s phone just yet. I will be using an android phone later to see the results. However, I will also try to just connect my phone and the drone today to see if that makes some difference. The controller may be the problem somehow. I don’t see that it could be, but so far the drone has been put back into factory settings twice and the DJI GO App 4 has been deleted and downloaded again three times. The odd man out may be the controller somehow not providing 5.8 ghz.

Try resetting the Remote Controller by pressing the power button for 9 seconds (I hope this will help)
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules