Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TELL ME WHY NOT TO PASS TO ZHIYUN WEEBILL LAB
8063 16 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

Hi everyone users of Ronin S like me.
Hi DJI staff.

I see that Zhiyun Weibill Lab has more features (a lot of preimposted modes, ergonomic, etc etc etc) that my Ronin S.
Ronin S is incompatibile with almost all cameras...

Please tell me some reasons not to pass to Weebill Lab.

Waiting for your reply.
Thank you!
2018-12-20
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

Please someone could give me some ideas?
2018-12-21
Use props
donskoidenys
lvl.1
Ukraine

Only one: very very bad stabilization on Weebill Lab.
2018-12-21
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you.
But: how can you tell this? Have you some videos or something on youtube to prove it?
2018-12-21
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

I have seen very good reviews on the Weebill - would like to see the reviews that he is talking about.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mr.JPG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 183704 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I would like to know this as well. 2 months ago, I cancelled my preorder due to the long wait time.
I am still waiting for my WB + creative package I ordered last month. I like the stability on Ronin S,
but gimbal's weight also a big concern for me.
2018-12-21
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

I got roasted way back when for saying the Ronin was too heavy and I still will not change my mind that the one handed straight grip looks cool and works well for something small, but as soon as you put some heavy gear on it, I find it to be very unfriendly.  I was also told I should just get a dual handle set up (at that point, get a used Ronin M).

I am very interested in trying out the Weebill
2018-12-21
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

Also interesting that DJI put the Ronin S on sale just under Weebill's price.
2018-12-21
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4
United States

Also...replaceable batteries and actual accessories at launch.
2018-12-21
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

The Weebill.. I had it and returned it quickly.
It does have some nice features but the core of this product is to have a stabilized camera. And it is not good at this.

The problem is the payload they communicate is not really correct.. even with a small camera like the A7iii will run you into problems when the lens is a bit longer and front heavy.
The weight distribution this gimbal can take is very limited and leads to bad results. Also when the camera is a little up like on a riser plate or an additional tripod plate this leads to the weight count 1,5x

Also when tracking objects sometimes the gimbal will jump around which might be a software related issue.

Ronin-s is heavier but is built to last for a long time and feels more pro and valuable. It can even take a C200 in many (not all) configurations.
With the promotion price it is a no brainer.
2018-12-21
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

So....
No other reasons to keep Ronin S.....???
2018-12-21
Use props
Emmet25
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think I shall be following you, as soon as they stop their sh33ty sale I will be selling mine
2018-12-22
Use props
Emmet25
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I think I shall be following you, as soon as they stop their sh33ty sale I will be selling mine
2018-12-22
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

>No other reasons to keep Ronin S.....???
If the weebill not taking 80% of your lenses even on a Sony A7 is not enough to keep the Ronin, then go on.Especially true with converted EF lenses, as the adapter adds to the imbalance.

However there is a baseplate that adds some weight to the back to help balancing. It extends basically on back of the camera where the LCD is to add weight and balance a longer lens. I saw that one on amazon but could not find it again for you just now.
2018-12-24
Use props
FahadASMAR
New

Australia

I have used both the Ronin S and Weebill Lab... (sold Ronis S already before the price drop )
Yes, I found that Weebill cannot compete with Ronin S for weight management. My a7iii with the Sony 16-35mm f4 sometimes struggle with Weebill.
Weebill built for a compact/mirrorless system. If you do not need to use heavier Camera+Lens system you do not need Ronin over weebill. And, I don't find any reason to use weebill with a heavier zoom lens. Because weebill made for light work, I found a small camera with light prime work like magic. I am using a7III with Samyang/Rokinon 24mm 2.8, 35mm 2.8, Sony Zeiss 55mm 1.8, Sony 85mm 1.8 without having any sort of trouble.

And, there are some huge differences in usability between these two.
As a frequent traveller, I strongly can say Weebill is the complete traveller gimble we could ever ask for.  I am pretty sure you guys already know what a weebill can do.

So, if you are looking for a gimble for a bit heavier setup Ronin S is the way to go but all other reason weebill is no brainer. (If you really need something for heavier setup there is Zhiyun Crane 3 LAB though)
2019-7-11
Use props
Rferrand
lvl.2

Spain

I smell that soon they will take out the ronin s2 and leave us hanging without fixing our problems
2019-7-11
Use props
fans77a3b4b2
New

United Kingdom

The new DJI Ronin SC just came out. Please check that out. much cheaper then the weebill lab as well
2019-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules