linking a new remote control
841 8 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jharpphoto45
lvl.3
Netherlands

I have an older post here where I detailed my issue with a gnarled charging port on my RC.   I bought a new RC for my Mavic Pro 2 and it just arrived.  When I attempt to connect the RC to the aircraft I am unable to connect the two.  Is it possible these two are incompatible?  Just curious why I can't get them to connect. Any suggestions?
2018-12-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as you have a Mavic 2 remote controller, you should be able to link it to your Mavic 2 like this:

2018-12-20
Use props
jharpphoto45
lvl.3
Netherlands

thanks I just found that vid and linked the RC to the aircraft.  Unfortunately, it appears as if the USB on the bottom of the remote isn't working so I can't use my iPad Mini
2018-12-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you remove the cable from the left side of the remote controller?
2018-12-20
Use props
jharpphoto45
lvl.3
Netherlands

Ah  I didn't try removing that cable.  Let me try that. thanks.
2018-12-20
Use props
jharpphoto45
lvl.3
Netherlands

so that I don't screw up my remote again,  can someone tell me which cable am I supposed to use to update the RC?  I know there is a plug on the left of the RC that goes to the computer to use DJI assistant to update the remote. I tried to use the wrong cable last time and ended up damaging the charging port.  Doesn't that port accept more than one cord/cable type?
2018-12-20
Use props
msinger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You must connect the remote controller by connecting a Micro USB cable between the Micro USB port on the left side of the remote controller and a USB port on your computer.

Make sure you insert the Micro USB cable into the Micro USB port in the proper direction. If you attempt to forcefully insert the cable when it's flipped upside down, you can permanently damage the Micro USB port on the remote controller. If you're man-handling it, you're doing something wrong.
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_9uuEJJvxjZ93
New

United Kingdom

Sorry to hijack this post. I am new and just got my mavic 2 pro and having problems. I am unable to make my rc connect with my Samsung j5 phone. Is it because my phone is too old?
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your DJI Mavic 2 Pro remote controller to your Samsung J5 mobile device. There could be an issue with compatibility on the mobile device with the remote controller. The Samsung J5 is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Using a non recommended mobile device might affect the compatibility and the reliability of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and of the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you.

2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules