Image noise Mavic 2 Zoom
7700 22 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Goth
lvl.1

France

Hey Mavic users, i have a mavic 2 zoom, and in cinelike-d there is a lot of noise in the image, do you know how to fix that ? (i can share you a video to show you if needed), maybe i am making something wrong, here are my settings :
4k 25fps
h.265
Cinelike-D
0; 0; 0
WB : Sunny/Cloudy (don't think the WB has anything to do here, but i put it)

Its maybe normal to have noise, but i find it very visible and annoying.

Thanks !

2018-12-20
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Yes share video please
2018-12-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, post some images so we can see what are you talking about!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Goth. Thank you for sharing this information with us today. Can you please post some sample footage of images for us to help you further? Thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Would be nice to see your results!
2018-12-20
Use props
Goth
lvl.1

France

sure, i will do that as soon as possible (tomorrow for me), sorry to not have done it before
2018-12-20
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also please share your ISO settings as well, it is ery important
2018-12-20
Use props
Goth
lvl.1

France

here are the clips : (i can send them via google drive or anything else so you can see them without compression, but noise is very visible in trees)

ISO was set to 100
2018-12-21
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

My guess, to much clouds to let enough light into the small sensor. You can remove most noise by using pluginsThis thing happend to me also when I recorded with the mavic pro, always had noise in high detailed video with allot of shadow(areas).
I use neatvideo to get rid of noise
2018-12-21
Use props
Goth
lvl.1

France

ok i will try this plugin
but even in good light conditions i have this problem
(sorry, i don't know why its only 1080p)
2018-12-21
Use props
FFerrarini
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

I have the same behaviour... I'would like to know if all M2Zoom shows that noise in the shadows also at 100 iso... https://drive.google.com/open?id ... O2UDD_Pzs9KmYQ6PRBR
2018-12-21
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Goth Posted at 12-21 10:51
ok i will try this plugin
but even in good light conditions i have this problem
(sorry, i don't know why its only 1080p)

I see it only in shadow areas(trees).Your settings do not allow allot of in camera noise reduction, so it could be normal to see this what you are experiancing.
You could do some testing with different settings ofcourse.
If you want the best, let your computer do noise reduction, that is what i think.

Also I do remember the problem with intra frame that the normal mavic pro has, this gave some flicker effect in areas with details and shadows. This was not some defect but by design.
Watch this video, it's based on mavic pro footage

2018-12-22
Use props
Goth
lvl.1

France

thanks  a lot for all your answers !!
2019-1-1
Use props
Dschapin
lvl.2
United States

I have the same issue with TONS of noise in my footage on a semi sunny day or in any footage.  It is  BIG problem.
2019-3-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I notice some noise in recent footage from my aircraft, though it might be partially due to me picking an incorrect filter for the type of lighting. I will do some tests with the stock filter and get back to this on my findings
JK: Found better footage in my folder. So from what it looks like, it seems that this is an effect from using Dcinelike more than anything. Most footage that isnt Dcinelike looks pretty dang good, with and without nd filters on. Might just be that then.
2019-3-10
Use props
Chinawhite415
New
Vietnam

Im having the same issue
2019-3-11
Use props
DJISparkie
lvl.4
Singapore

I just got my mavic 2 zoom, and as recommended by some youtubers, I have been shooting in D-Cinelike mode.      However, I realised the images and videos seem grainy, despite shooting in ISO 100.

I have some sample photos and video in this link: https://home.mycloud.com/action/ ... e-b16d-d609e32591a6

Is this normal or is there something wrong with the camera? IF NORMAL, How do I correct the grain in post?
2019-8-25
Use props
ange1us
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134701 ft

Thailand

My Mavic 2 Zoom have a lot of noise too. especially in dark area like a shadow of tree.
2019-10-21
Use props
muflone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 613120 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I think the problem is that most people shooting in the LOG profile (Or CineLike) is not exposing properly. You need to use the ETTR (expose to the right) technique to achieve the maximum dynamic range and lowest image noise in the image. When shooting you need to pay attention to the histogram, and expose as bright as possible without clipping any white point.
I shoot with a Mavic 2 Zoom most of the time, and I never have noisy images if using ETTR and then balancing the exposure in postproduction.

Here's an explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposing_to_the_right

Here's a video I shot with the Mavic2Zoom with the proper exposure, and it has very little to no noise:

2019-10-22
Use props
REMOVE DC NFZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 942671 ft
United States

This video was recorded with my M2Z out the box...I think the video is perfect... but others might have a different opinion.
P.S I still have the same FW since it was release..not sure if that have anything to do with it.
2019-10-22
Use props
REMOVE DC NFZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 942671 ft
United States

This video was the first couple of flight made.
2019-10-22
Use props
wjtve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75121 ft
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2018-12-21 10:21
My guess, to much clouds to let enough light into the small sensor. You can remove most noise by using pluginsThis thing happend to me also when I recorded with the mavic pro, always had noise in high detailed video with allot of shadow(areas).
I use neatvideo to get rid of noise

Thanks for the advice on the pugin/program.
2019-10-22
Use props
wjtve
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75121 ft
United States

Anoniem Posted at 2018-12-22 12:50
I see it only in shadow areas(trees).Your settings do not allow allot of in camera noise reduction, so it could be normal to see this what you are experiancing.
You could do some testing with different settings ofcourse.
If you want the best, let your computer do noise reduction, that is what i think.

Thanks!!  his should help some of my videos!
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules