1198 9 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone had success using either the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or the Samsung Galaxy S6 with their Mavic 2 Pro?  DJI chat support said that neither one was supported.

2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TimothyD.  Thank you for the inquiry about the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guarantee the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific device. As for the Samsung Galaxy S6 this device is listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2018-12-20
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

I'm switching back and forth between my Note 9 and my iPad Mini 4.  So far, the Note 9 eats the Go 4 app for lunch, has a beautiful bright screen albeit small compared to the Mini 4, and runs flawless for me.....so far........
2018-12-20
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

This list is what other user have tested and is updated almost daily.
Tablet and phones list.
2018-12-20
Use props
TimothyD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5236 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-20 11:05
Hello and good day TimothyD.  Thank you for the inquiry about the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Actually, there is a  possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific device. As for the Samsung Galaxy S6 this device is listed as a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Ok, thanks.  Wonder why DJI chat support said the S6 is not supported.  

Hopefully this is not a stupid question... My Note 9 is my current phone which replaced my S6.  The S6 is no longer activated however, everything still is functional regarding WiFi and all applications.  Does the S6 need to be an activated phone in order to work with the drone?
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for your quick response TimothyD. I apologies for the confusion. As for the live view function of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro, you do not need an activated working phone. The only thing you need is to make sure that the wifi functionality of your phone ( Samsung S6 ) is working properly and is able to connect to your DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-12-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Dont even try the s6, I have it and it stopped working properly after 4.2.21
No chance it will work for the mavic 2!

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-20
Use props
AirW-P3A/M2P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

I have flown my M2P multiple times with my Note 9 with zero issues. The Note 9 battery even keeps a decent charge after flying 3 batteries.
2018-12-20
Use props
kenk
lvl.3
Canada

AirW-P3A/M2P Posted at 12-20 14:24
I have flown my M2P multiple times with my Note 9 with zero issues. The Note 9 battery even keeps a decent charge after flying 3 batteries.

I have no problem using a retired Samsung S6 with  DJI Go4 to control my Mavic 2 Pro. All DJI updates are current.
Since the last updates I can also use my Samsung Tab S2 which previously wouldn't connect.
2018-12-20
Use props
Paul_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

I have used both an S6 and S8, both worked fine.
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules