London Gatwick
2065 27 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Not a good day for us law abiding drone pilots,someone/peeps have shut down Gatwick for nearly a day causing havoc? although i am interested what Drones they are flying ?

2018-12-20
Use props
leprechaun67
lvl.2
United States

The first person they should be looking for is .. Casey Neistat
2018-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

leprechaun67 Posted at 12-20 11:44

Hahahahahahaha.
LOL!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gazmg. Thank you for sharing this information. Let us all be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations when in terms of flying or using our drones. Thank you for continued support. Lets all have a safe and happy flying.
2018-12-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

leprechaun67 Posted at 12-20 11:44

LOL this got me
2018-12-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They have not found any drones yet or any pilots - does raise a few questions
2018-12-21
Use props
ataraxia
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 12-21 01:10
They have not found any drones yet or any pilots - does raise a few questions

Because they can't deal with the situation, I can't see why they don't enlist the help of local PfCO pilots to follow the drones back to base when they inevitably need their batteries changing?? I've heard that police have their own drones but they're all Matrice 200s
2018-12-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ataraxia Posted at 12-21 01:46
Because they can't deal with the situation, I can't see why they don't enlist the help of local PfCO pilots to follow the drones back to base when they inevitably need their batteries changing?? I've heard that police have their own drones but they're all Matrice 200s

The police also use Inspires. I think there are multiple drones being used by the criminals - probably from different pilots at different locations. They may even be landing the drones away from their positions and taking off with another drone a few miles away from the airport at another location. It is practically impossible to locate the pilots if they know what they are doing. The best thing the police can do is simply shoot the drones down and if they have any radar detection tech that is beyond my comprehension then now is the time to use it.
2018-12-21
Use props
Gazmg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Gatwick just closed down again now 18.00 pm western time...these are big boys meter square 2o kg approx in weight...
2018-12-21
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

This is terrorism. You should not just shoot down the drones. The idiots who sent them up actually beg for a shot too.
2018-12-21
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Do they know and tell which drone was it?
There is a picture of it, but I couldn’t make out which drone it is, only that it’s not DJI.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 12-21 16:12
Do they know and tell which drone was it?
There is a picture of it, but I couldn’t make out which drone it is, only that it’s not DJI.

Probably 'home made' by some geeks LOL - arrests have been made
2018-12-22
Use props
DroneDownunder
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32648 ft
Australia

A man and a woman arrested.
2018-12-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneDownunder Posted at 12-22 00:56
A man and a woman arrested.

They need locking up (if they are guilty of course).
2018-12-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 12-22 01:06
They need locking up (if they are guilty of course).

The man's employer has come forward saying he does not see how Paul Gait could be Pilot of Drones.  Employer said Paul was working during times of several of drone flights.

Paul also has a pretty air tight alibi:

Paul’s ex-partner also claimed he couldn’t have been the culprit and was last night giving a statement to police in his defence.

Gemma Allard, 40, and her dad run Allard Double Glazing in Crowborough, where Paul works.

She said: “He was with me at work the whole time the drones were up. Paul comes to my house every morning – I’ve got a child with him. The morning of this going on, he was sitting in my front room having a cup of tea with me – and the rest of the day he was working."
2018-12-22
Use props
ZeroGravity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5928881 ft
Thailand

I think there is a lot more to this story than we are presently been told.

I can't imagine a major international airport stopping all movements over a couple of drones.
2018-12-22
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

ZeroGravity Posted at 12-22 22:47
I think there is a lot more to this story than we are presently been told.

I can't imagine a major international airport stopping all movements over a couple of drones.

If you or your friends and family were on a flight that used Gatwick Airport then you might be a little more concerned. I sure would be as my family fly to and from there often
2018-12-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-22 22:14
The man's employer has come forward saying he does not see how Paul Gait could be Pilot of Drones.  Employer said Paul was working during times of several of drone flights.

Paul also has a pretty air tight alibi:

Small fry scape goats by the look of it. I think this whole thing is a political stage - the motive for it is so subjective but all will be revealed soon enough I guess - I only hope innocent people do not have their lives ruined in the hunt for 'justice'!
2018-12-23
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 12-23 01:39
Small fry scape goats by the look of it. I think this whole thing is a political stage - the motive for it is so subjective but all will be revealed soon enough I guess - I only hope innocent people do not have their lives ruined in the hunt for 'justice'!

I suspect it might be a moron that has been sacked from an airline of the airport and he's seeking revenge! Either way of a motive, the repercussions from this latest incident is likely to be felt heavily.
2018-12-23
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 12-23 01:46
I suspect it might be a moron that has been sacked from an airline of the airport and he's seeking revenge! Either way of a motive, the repercussions from this latest incident is likely to be felt heavily.

God knows who and why but yes, this will have quite a massive impact on the hobby after everything has settled down. I doubt it will be banned though.
2018-12-23
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Who ever did do it, did so deliberately to cause the disruptions, it doesn't help any legal and responsible pilots so be prepared for the next wave of legislation that will only effect us normal people!

Here's some for a laugh! Conspiracy theory jokes!
What if this was a deliberate attempt by someone who hate drones and wants them to get banned!
What if it was a coordinated attack by local residents who don't want Gatwick to have a 3rd runway!
OR was it Amazon and delivery drones!

Lets hope they do get caught and locked away, its the people that are at fault and drones get a bad rep, the same could have been done with RC helicopters or planes equally as disruptive and if they were petrol fuelled more dangerous and could stay up longer! Granted they are more tricky to fly though!

2018-12-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

all government activities , get drones banned and help the pound out with no Brexit headlines

probably the best fake news of 2018

5715614e355ed_ACIDGUIDE.PNG.7d7f7f7bae16f870071a947082440942.PNG
2018-12-23
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 12-23 06:03
all government activities , get drones banned and help the pound out with no Brexit headlines

This is useful advise on identifying drones.... sadly you may need to update with with random bits of debris and far off headlights from a car as being a drone too..
2018-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Now the polices states they don't have evidence for any drone....
2018-12-23
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-23 12:25
Now the polices states they don't have evidence for any drone....

*SMH*   im at a loss for words, i been saying it this whole time, far too suspicious of circumstances..
2018-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-23 13:33
*SMH*   im at a loss for words, i been saying it this whole time, far too suspicious of circumstances..

We probably will never know what really happened there...
Too much at stake.
2018-12-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

m1n1s Posted at 12-23 06:03

FAA missed this one for new identification guidelines

Drone after a drone
2018-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-23 17:01
LMAO it was a fairy all along!