7227 62 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 12-21 12:37
That is your problem , you need the drone to get the proper report and access to further diagnostics, you have been treated exactly as others have been treated, your flight record in your phone shows no abnormalities, yes it seems harsh but it is the normal when this happens and you have no drone.

Let’s take a scenario where similar happens, user claims his drone fell out of the sky and he can’t find it, but in fact it lands somewhere without any damage, he then tries to claims drone is lost and wants a replacement from dji, how are dji to fight against this kind of fraud. How are they supposed to prove to themselves that your drone first fell and second was not retrieved.

YOU ARE PROBABLY WORKING AT DJI, RIGHT?
2018-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-21 13:56
YOU ARE PROBABLY WORKING AT DJI, RIGHT?

No but I have a drone that flys. Have a good day....
2018-12-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Kids with filthy mouths and drones!  Time to go play elsewhere.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-21 02:13
DJI wrote to me in a mail that the pilot activated the RTH function. So in other words they write that it is possible to fly and sent commando's with a disconnected remote controller. IT'S MAGIC I GUESS....
[view_image]
[view_image]

I understand your frustration and very sorry for the inconvenience. As mentioned above, the flight records interrupted suddenly, we cannot verify what happened after that. If you were recording the video at that time or the drone was retrieved, data analysis can be continued to check the exact status. The designated team will keep following up your case and see if there is anything else we can help. Hope for your understanding.
2018-12-21
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks, i just read a flightlog and give my opinion.

Don`t know the defenition of "abnormalities" for some but switching over to backup systems is a not normal behaviour. It does switch beacuse there is a problem with the current in use IMU.

Btw, i understand your anger; loosing a drone is sh*t, do not like to read in CAPITOLS your agressive language. But succes with your case.

cheers
JJB
2018-12-22
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 12-21 22:51
I understand your frustration and very sorry for the inconvenience. As mentioned above, the flight records interrupted suddenly, we cannot verify what happened after that. If you were recording the video at that time or the drone was retrieved, data analysis can be continued to check the exact status. The designated team will keep following up your case and see if there is anything else we can help. Hope for your understanding.

I doubt that DJI now understands ... Still you talk and write about a normal flight which is too bizar for words. I still have no answer as to how a flight record suddenly stops at 84 m. Altitude and a distance of 124 m. measured from the RTH point?

The part you not being  able to analyze the flight and that this means that we are being screwed by DJI, this part I DO UNDERSTAND ALL TO WELL NOW.

NORMAL FLIGHT? A flight record suddenly stops at 84 m altitude and a distance of 124 m from the RTH point? NORMAL FLIGHT. A remote control is disconnected? NORMAL FLIGHT? The flight is full with limit warnings while the drone is in the field of view. NORMAL FLIGHT? the IMU system fails. NORMAL FLIGHT? The backup IMU system fails as well causing the drone to crash. This last fact would be a perfectly good explaination why the drone flips over, don’t you think?

You should be happy with an expierenced pilot (10 years now) like me telling you that the system has failed and that you should be looking at the IMU / SENSOR / COMPASS parts. I think that 70% of the drone users today don’t even know what IMU means and what is does.
You should be happy with loyal prof. clients like us who indirectly also represent your products which we use on the film sets. Instead of the text above you start writing that remote controllers could be faked. So that’s how little trust DJI has in their clients.

Even the clients with a safe (this is just one, we have several of these) filled with DJI products that has cost thousands of euros.

Honostly you don’t get it at all. What are the productiion costs of a Mavic 2? 500,- euros? I guess it will be even cheaper than that. So instead of compensating us (which is they only NORMAL way to do) you choose to f*ck with us. Risking a lawsuit, setting bad blood, turning a loyal prof. costumer into very dissapointed one. I DON’T GET THIS AT ALL! What do you think will happen now with the contents of these safes? Exactly all bags, boxes, suitcases (you know those crappy ones (inspire 1) with a zipper that will last for a day) and flightcases will be replaced as soon as possible. Yeah ofcourse the Ronin is a good product, but it’s made by DJI and we can’t relay on DJI so we buy a MOVI which is even a better stabilisor and made by a company that knows how to take care of their costumers. So again, this is really poor judgement by DJI which in the end will result in less profit because prof. users can’t relay on DJI. And still we are talking about 500,- problably less for a replacement!!!!
2018-12-22
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 12-22 01:04
Thanks, i just read a flightlog and give my opinion.

Don`t know the defenition of "abnormalities" for some but switching over to backup systems is a not normal behaviour. It does switch beacuse there is a problem with the current in use IMU.

Thanks for all your help JJBspark, We appreciate it a lot. Our christmas message (with sound on even better) at Dutch fellow is 100% for you!
2018-12-22
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hey DJI, or please do explain this. AIRCRAFT MISSING COORDINATES: 22,537018, 114,953640
I have just googled it and ended up in the sea somewhere in CHINA! You do know that the crash was in The Netherlands I HOPE.

Check the yellow dot, that's where Google Earth takes us when we use the coordinates above. ALL NORMAL I GUESS???

So who's fault is it anyway that we can't find our drone?????

2018-12-22
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Or could you please explain this. Drone with exactly the same warnings as mine are called back in for repair. But why? This was all normal according to DJI. So why call them back in then?

RESPONSE DJI TONY, THAT'S THE GUY SITTING NEXT TO YOU PROBABLY.
2018-12-22
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lucky me that the designated team is also following this case! It's a shame that following not means that you get answers for all the questions I have.

Let's try it again, don't gonna quit until I have turned the last rock!

1. Could you please explain how the words ''NO ABNORMALITIES'' fit in a flight record that suddenly stops at 84 m. altitude and 124 m. away from RTH point?
2. Also please explain how it is possible that a flight record suddenly stops recording while a flight is in progress?
3. In your analyses you wrote that the pilot activated the RTH. How is that possible with a disconnected remote controller?
4. Could you please explain how the words ''NO ABNORMALITIES'' fit in the warning Switched to backup IMU?
5. Could you please explain why there are so many fly within limit warnings where during the flight? Please keep in mind the we flew with the drone in eye sight!
6. Could you please explain what will happen with a flying drone when the second IMU system also fails?
2018-12-23
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Email number 3, 4 of 5? I lost count!

2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter Posted at 12-23 08:11
Email number 3, 4 of 5? I lost count!

[view_image]

Thanks for getting back to us. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2018-12-23
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Okay Diana, thanks for your reply.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter Posted at 12-23 11:40
Okay Diana, thanks for your reply.

You're most welcome.
2018-12-23
Use props
dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Aiming to be the best pro / consumer drone manufactor in the world should also be about making the best analysis when flights end badly. Even when this is tough to analyze. Besides that personally I would have made it my number one first priority to search for a solid explanation why a drone has crashed. Especially now because drones and related legislation often appear negative in the news. My second priority would be what a suitable compensation would be. 30% discount is fine when there's a pilot error. For technical errors you should compensate 100%. You should also point out where the pilot made a judgment error so that we can learn from those mistakes. The analysis I've received from DJI last week does not match at all with being the best pro / consumer drone builder in the world.

Especially the part where you write that there where no abnormalities found during the flight was shocking to us. Because of this meager analysis, the following seven questions have arisen.

1. Could you please explain how the words ''NO ABNORMALITIES'' fit in a flight record that suddenly stops at 84 m. altitude and 124 m. away from RTH point?
2. Also, please explain how it is possible that a flight record suddenly stops recording while a flight is in progress?
3. In your analyses you wrote that the pilot activated the RTH. How is that possible with a disconnected remote controller?
4. Could you please explain how the words ''NO ABNORMALITIES'' fit in the warning Switched to back up IMU?
5. Could you please explain why there are so many fly within limit warnings where during the flight? Please keep in mind that we flew the drone in eyesight!
6. Could you please explain in general what will happen with a flying drone when the second IMU system also fails? How will it react? Could you fly a drone without this IMU system?
7. Why are you calling in other drones with exactly the same warnings (Switched to back up IMU and Redundancy switch) as mine while you analyzed our flight without ABNORMALITIES?

Again, please keep in mind that we are experienced pilots with 10 years of flight experience. Yes, we also have paid tuition and made mistakes in the past. Therefor we know the difference between a pilot errors and technical errors so well. Both the pilot and an eye witness saw the drone flip over and crash. The drone was close by in eyesight so we could see this crash really good. As we mentioned many times now we stick to our conclusion that the error is IMU / SENSOR / COMPASS related. The problems started with the warning Switched to back up IMU and we believe that also the second IMU system failed which caused the flip over and crash. This conclusion match with the fight pattern and statement of the eye witness and pilot. Please take this seriously and sent us convincing answers to our questions.

Kind regards,
Menno Mulder
www.dutchfellow.eu

2018-12-23
Use props
hearhear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15552234 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi fellows,

I'm happy to report that DJI has grand us a replacement. We're working out the details now.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

hearhear Posted at 12-29 11:34
Hi fellows,

I'm happy to report that DJI has grand us a replacement. We're working out the details now.

Glad to hear that, hope you will receive the replacement soon.
2018-12-30
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hearhear Posted at 12-29 11:34
Hi fellows,

hiya hearhear,

wrong thread or ?  is hearhear = dubbengenaainshoudbeter ?

But enjoy your replacement!

happy many landings,
cheers JJB
2018-12-30
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 2018-12-20 13:08
FORGOT TO MENTION, There's an eye witness that saw the complete freakshow including a perfectly performed flip over and crash. He told me that he is whiling to make a statement.

For some reason, a lot of MP2's are flipping over and crashing for no apparent reason.
2019-4-21
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

JJBspark Posted at 2018-12-30 12:35
hiya hearhear,

wrong thread or ?  is hearhear = dubbengenaainshoudbeter ?

I have the same question as you JJBspark and he sure made a huge deal about all of this. You just had to send the drone in for them to get more information on the case.
2019-4-21
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dubbelgenaaidhoudbeter Posted at 2018-12-23 18:35
Aiming to be the best pro / consumer drone manufactor in the world should also be about making the best analysis when flights end badly. Even when this is tough to analyze. Besides that personally I would have made it my number one first priority to search for a solid explanation why a drone has crashed. Especially now because drones and related legislation often appear negative in the news. My second priority would be what a suitable compensation would be. 30% discount is fine when there's a pilot error. For technical errors you should compensate 100%. You should also point out where the pilot made a judgment error so that we can learn from those mistakes. The analysis I've received from DJI last week does not match at all with being the best pro / consumer drone builder in the world.

Especially the part where you write that there where no abnormalities found during the flight was shocking to us. Because of this meager analysis, the following seven questions have arisen.

So how is that law suit going. Or was that all just trash talk from another keyboard warrior. Also could you tell us what craft you where operating 10 years ago?
2019-4-21
Use props
Sky R
New
Flight distance : 102408 ft
Papua New Guinea

Sad to say my Mavic 2 pro crashed, RC disconnected to my android phone (Samsung A30) while in flight. Drone executed RTH, hit my warehouse roof and hit the floor, gimbal is ruined (gimbal overload error).

Got my repair case # and hopefully get this thing replaced/resolved soon.
2019-6-10
Use props
Sky R
New
Flight distance : 102408 ft
Papua New Guinea

Just to add, my buddy informed me that DJI go 4 app is not available in the play store, and reports of of RC being disconnected to android devices, appreciate if anyone from DJI can look into this.
2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules