19160 26 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48189 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi guys, so I got my Osmo a few days ago and started it up today, but I can't seem to fully insert the SD card into it. There's no click or snap and it just pushes out (see image). I tried to use my fingers, a prop to push it in deeper, but nothing, it just pops back out to the position you see it in the image.
Anyone experiencing this?

osmo.jpg
2018-12-20
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

It’s a pain in the backside. I have to push mine in with tweezers.
2018-12-20
Use props
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-20 12:48
It’s a pain in the backside. I have to push mine in with tweezers.

I tried that too, I pushed it as far as I could, but it still pops back up...
2018-12-20
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

You have to get it a good 1-2mm beyond the edge of the recess and it will click. I have to use my thumbnail to push it in far enough, You wont be able to push it deep enough with a finger. Same as with the drones.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Where did you purchase this unit? Did you manage to check if the position of the SD card is correct before installing it to the Osmo Pocket? Do we have a chance to use a different SD card to see if you'll be getting the same result?  Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-12-20
Use props
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cameleon Posted at 12-20 13:26
You have to get it a good 1-2mm beyond the edge of the recess and it will click. I have to use my thumbnail to push it in far enough, You wont be able to push it deep enough with a finger. Same as with the drones.

You're right that did the trick, but my goodness, that was SO annoying, I had to use a pen to snap it in and snap it out, no way can I do that with my finger. It's so much easier with drones to be honest, thank you though, you stopped me from returning it.
2018-12-20
Use props
fansffae6bdb
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-20 13:28
Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience. Where did you purchase this unit? Did you manage to check if the position of the SD card is correct before installing it to the Osmo Pocket? Do we have a chance to use a different SD card to see if you'll be getting the same result?  Please keep us posted for further help.

I got it straight from the DJI.com website. I think I figured it out though now.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fansffae6bdb Posted at 12-20 14:17
I got it straight from the DJI.com website. I think I figured it out though now.

Hi, thanks for your update. We're glad to hear that the concern seems to be sorted now. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-21
Use props
Scott.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 294006 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Simple solution. Use the edge of the case
2018-12-21
Use props
Boother
New
United States

I had the same problem right out of the gate which toned down the enthusiasm of my purchase big time.  This is clearly an engineering flaw.  I thought It was the micro SD card that had the issue until I scoured the Internet and found this thread.  Why is DJI not telling people how to do this and/or not issuing a safe tool to help us do this?!?  I had to use a paper clip and push it in just right.  Incredibly annoying flaw.  Debating sending unit back for a new one but will l just be dealing with the same problem again?!?  Or do I just cut bait and not be a Osmo Pocket owner?
2019-2-13
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

I've never seen people with more problems in my life than this group.  I have NEVER, EVER used an SD card before I bought the OP.  It took me 10 seconds to figure out how to insert the card and another 10 seconds to figure out how to remove it.
2019-2-13
Use props
ajsh
New

United States

YES! The miniSD card will not lock into camera. Any suggestions
2019-3-16
Use props
pvsheridan
New

United States

I just rec'd my Pocket.  Everyone seeks to be cautious not wanting to damage/force things.  That behavior on part of DJI customers is laudable.  But a minimal amount of courtesy in 'Quick Start Guide' mentioning just how far in microSD must go (past case surface, which is a good thing, prior to "click" ) would have been helpful.  Too many "user guides" are written for people who are already familiar with devices...poor style.
2019-5-10
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I use my finger nail.  The harder you can install it means harder to lose it.
2019-5-10
Use props
djiuser_Xw0hpwis2oVD
New

United States

Scott. Posted at 2018-12-21 12:43

THIS right here!
2019-5-17
Use props
fans9b4f8f79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased an Osmo Action from DJI Online, and my SD card won’t click in and stay in. I’ve tried numerous as cards and no dice. I need help!
2019-5-30
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ok, I have the same issue. Here is how I do it.

I use a knife or some tweezers. You need to push it in quite firmly, and then try and release it and push it to the top or bottom of the slot. It takes several tries.

DJI, this is an error you had to choose not to correct as Batatesters would have come across. It would be best to come clean and make a video showing us all how to do this.
2019-6-1
Use props
fans51eb53c0
New
United States

I turned the SD card over, just the opposite of the diagram in the quick start manual and it goes in just like it is supposed to.
2019-6-2
Use props
ADFoster
lvl.1
United States

Having just got my OP, I can confirm the need for good nails to push the SD Card deep in to secure it!
2019-6-19
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

This issue is not just limited to the Osmo Pocket.  It's with many other electronics that use a micro SD card slot.  Like many have suggested, use your thumb/fingernail to get that extra millimeter or two to fully engage the card.
2019-6-19
Use props
marc.whirlybirdimages
lvl.1
Flight distance : 392126 ft
United States

I'm glad I found this thread, and I hope someone can assist.   I have the OSMO Pocket, the Action Cam, 2 P3 Pro drone, 2 P4 Pro drones and a Mavic 2 Pro.  I've been doing this stuff for the past 5 years.  That being said, I have inserted mini- SD cards numerous times into each of the aforementioned DJI Products.  

I went to use my OSMO Action Camera last night to try some night filming of the stars overhead.  I had used the same camera 2 days before that just for picking up the sounds of all the birds in my backyard.  I didn't have any problem with the SD card until last night.  It will NOT stay in now!  I have tried several methods of getting the card to stay in, and none of them worked.  I even used two other sd cards to see if they work, and they do not.  BTW...all of the cards work fine in my other DJI products that I listed above.  

I purchased the OSMO Action Cam in July of 2019.  So I haven't even had it a year.  I am hoping that the someone in here....perhaps DJI Tony....can assist me with this issue.    Thank you.
2020-5-29
Use props
ImFlying!
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28173 ft
United States

Scott. Posted at 2018-12-21 12:43

Yes, that works!  Good suggestion for those of us who dont have long fingernails.   Another good tool I just discovered is the edge of an SD adapter card.  Seems the perfect thickness.
2021-1-30
Use props
djiuser_hueEZ98J1X3f
lvl.1

United States

fans51eb53c0 Posted at 2019-6-2 16:41
I turned the SD card over, just the opposite of the diagram in the quick start manual and it goes in just like it is supposed to.

From my trying to insert the SD card in the Osmo Pocket, I could see it wasn't going in with the contacts DOWN in relation to the front of the camera.  I finally looked with a flashlight and could see that the internal contacts of the camera were close to the front surface (where the buttons are) of the camera.  Totally illogical but the illustration on pg. 3 of the Quick Start guide suggested as well that the SD card be inserted with the contacts up toward the front (screen) of the Pocket.  Tried that and it fit in just as I think most SD cards do.  I always use my fingernail to push all the way past the surface of the camera, and the SD card ends up just slightly below the edge surface.
So follow the illustration in the Quick Start Guide (even though it shows a card twice the size it should be).  It will fit correctly, and will work.
DJI_0026 (3).JPG

What can I say, that's the best I can do so far taking a JPEG with  the Pocket.  And that's straight off the SD card in a reader.

2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_hueEZ98J1X3f
lvl.1

United States

fans51eb53c0 Posted at 2019-6-2 16:41

Actually I would say it is just the way shown (badly) in the Quick Start Guide
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_hueEZ98J1X3f
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_hueEZ98J1X3f Posted at 5-28 13:20
Actually I would say it is just the way shown (badly) in the Quick Start Guide

After all the confusion, I find more than one video on the right way to insert the card.  I've learned long ago that you need to push in on the SD card in the slot as far as possible, and it will spring back even with the opening and stay.
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_GhH6SfaVIQKD
lvl.1

Turkey

You got me interested. Thank you for sharing information
2022-6-5
Use props
drundall
New
United States

I'm having trouble too and I have several gadgets that use micro SD cards including the DJI mini and mini 2 drones. No problems whatsoever with those. Is this a spring issue?
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules