Pocket Osmo aerial video from 7500' - focus issues - active track...
595 4 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.2
United States

DJI Pocket Osmo - active track from 7500' MSL - focus pumping clearly happening while active track is set on a point on the ground. Active track works great, focus should be easy - close to infinity, instead it struggles. The active track mode works great, though!

2018-12-20
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Clearly they have some serious issues present with this camera, but I'm wondering if the biggest driver of the focus hunting in this instance is the appearance of the edges of the window in the foreground of the shot. It doesn't seem to hunt as much when it's not present in the frame (but yes, it still does it...just not as much it seems). What equipment you flying there?
2018-12-20
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I really think this focus hunting issue can be fixed by firmware... still hoping.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi NorthTexasAerials and other customers, sorry for the inconvenience caused by the focus issue, we will get it optimized in the next firmware, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.2
United States

txtechnonerd Posted at 12-20 21:14
Clearly they have some serious issues present with this camera, but I'm wondering if the biggest driver of the focus hunting in this instance is the appearance of the edges of the window in the foreground of the shot. It doesn't seem to hunt as much when it's not present in the frame (but yes, it still does it...just not as much it seems). What equipment you flying there?

I disagree. The camera knew quite well where to target - it tracked the "Y" in the dry river bed perfectly, but still wouldn't focus on it sharply.
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules