Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LaoTrav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 805974 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi,

I saw that the feiyu ak2000 have the option to use the focus wheel to control pan or tilt movements.

https://youtu.be/pIwrshZ0jh8

Minute 6:40

Is it possible to actibate this in upcomimg firmwares?
I have a Sony without the focus motor, so let's give the focus wheel some function.

Thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi LaoTrav, the joystick is right on the right of the focus wheel, we can easily control the Pan/Tilt axis by moving the joystick, personally, I think it is not necessary to use the focus wheel to control pan or tilt movements.
The Focus Wheel with Sony can be used to control the zoom, that is what it is used to.
2018-12-27
Use props
LaoTrav
Second Officer
Flight distance : 805974 ft
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 01:17
Hi LaoTrav, the joystick is right on the right of the focus wheel, we can easily control the Pan/Tilt axis by moving the joystick, personally, I think it is not necessary to use the focus wheel to control pan or tilt movements.
The Focus Wheel with Sony can be used to control the zoom, that is what it is used to.

Well Mindy, from my point of view, just some lenses have a motorised zoom, so using digital zoom could be interesting for the no professional shooters... I personally think that controlling tilt with the focus wheel could be more acurate than a joystick, if not why the master wheels exist?

Thank you
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

LaoTrav Posted at 12-27 01:26
Well Mindy, from my point of view, just some lenses have a motorised zoom, so using digital zoom could be interesting for the no professional shooters... I personally think that controlling tilt with the focus wheel could be more acurate than a joystick, if not why the master wheels exist?

Thank you

For the non-power lens, the Focus Wheel can still control the digital zoom, we just need to enable the Digital Zoom in the camera's settings.
Your suggestion of the Focus Wheel will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration in the future development if necessary, thanks for your input.
2018-12-27
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

LaoTrav Posted at 2018-12-27 01:26

Thank you

I agree.  The Focus Wheel needs a firmware update allowing it to control the tilt.  The joystick is not easy to control.
2019-3-21
Use props
Neo302
New

United States

Can we please get an update?  The wheel for tilting is VERY useful!
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules