Point Of Interest Flight Mode
572 3 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Howdy all,

I have been playing around the last couple of months with my Mavic Air & more recently with my Mavic Pro.

Try as I might, watching videos etc I am having all sorts of trouble trying to achieve anything decent with the Point of Interest flight mode... Both drones, so clearly it is me, not the drones !

I am troubled as to why DJI did not make it like the other modes where you can draw a rectangle around what you want to track, I would think it would make it so much easier.

Any hints ?

TAI.

2018-12-20
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Hi All,

Thought it would be helpful if I posted some of the video

• Active track worked fine
  • POI seemed to work maybe on the temple, but it never really did what I have seen other do with similar things. My Mavic Air is the same, it is obviously me !
  • I don't think the guys on the truck even knew I was there
  • Blue skies are rare a lot of the time here, if it's not smoggy it is cloudy or a bit of both....

and some additional questions:
  • The colours looked subdued, it could have been the day.... What video mode is best if I do not want to colour adjust in post ?
  • During POI the focus seemed to be hunting (?)

Thanks in advance.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Atlas_Aus, we appreciate the feedback of having a feature wherein you can draw a rectangle around when you want to track . I will be forwarding this to our R&D's for a possible solution, with setting proper expectations that there's no guarantee this will be applied as well. Should you have any thought, concerns don't hesitate to reach us again. We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 10:13
Hi Atlas_Aus, we appreciate the feedback of having a feature wherein you can draw a rectangle around when you want to track . I will be forwarding this to our R&D's for a possible solution, with setting proper expectations that there's no guarantee this will be applied as well. Should you have any thought, concerns don't hesitate to reach us again. We're here to help. Thank you.

Thanks,

It seems obvious to me that it should have been like that from the start, but who knows what these designers think
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules