1618 15 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteenPedersen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 589718 ft
Denmark

Hi

Why is it not possible to shoot in RAW (dng) without the phone attached. This is a huge issue. As soon as I detach the phone, the Pocket is really wants to get out of pro mode.
I can cancel, as long as I stay in photo, but as soon as I want to go to video or any other modes, I am forced to exit pro-mode and the posibility to shoot raw pictures.

This must be a bug and definitely something that can be fixed in a firmware update.

BR
Steen
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi SteenPedersen, thank you for bringing this query to us. We're sorry for the troubles you had with your Osmo Pocket. As of the time being, the feature of using the Osmo stand-alone with the Pro mode is currently unavailable. I will be forwarding this to our R&D's for a possibility of an update. We will keep you posted in our official website. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
SteenPedersen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 589718 ft
Denmark

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 12:59
Hi SteenPedersen, thank you for bringing this query to us. We're sorry for the troubles you had with your Osmo Pocket. As of the time being, the feature of using the Osmo stand-alone with the Pro mode is currently unavailable. I will be forwarding this to our R&D's for a possibility of an update. We will keep you posted in our official website. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks. That was a quick answer :-)
Yes, I am sure it should be possible to have a "dng" all the time, not only in pro mode :-)
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

SteenPedersen Posted at 12-21 13:06
Yes, I am sure it should be possible to have a "dng" all the time, not only in pro mode :-)

No worries. We appreciate your understanding. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
mimimomo
lvl.2
New Zealand

+1 please add RAW option on device without Pro mode
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

mimimomo Posted at 12-21 13:20
+1 please add RAW option on device without Pro mode

Hi mimimomo, thank you for your feedback. This is already noted. Kindly stand-by for any updates in our website. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SteenPedersen Posted at 12-21 13:06
Yes, I am sure it should be possible to have a "dng" all the time, not only in pro mode :-)

Raw without phone is a must, good job.
2018-12-21
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 Agree ... RAW option is very important.  Would be a helpful addition when 'presets' become a possibility :-)
2018-12-23
Use props
stefg
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes +1 I am  considering to  the Osmo Pocket, but I'd like RAW / DNG and some more pro features  available without having to connect the phone, Or just set them with the phone and save the settings even when the phone is not connected.

Other issue will it be possible for the battery to be replaced by DJI after it does not hold a charge anymore?
2018-12-24
Use props
fans47c69bc7
New
Flight distance : 13612 ft
Germany

+1 Agree ... RAW option is very important
2018-12-24
Use props
MattsCraft
New
United States

+100 for this feature
2018-12-25
Use props
Tellum
lvl.1
Brazil

+ 1
I`m considering the Osmo pocket but the need to have my phone connected to activate pro mode kinda defeats its purpose from a mobility standpoint. Will check again soon as I`m going to US in January and i`m yet to decide between the osmo and the Hero 7. Hope this is solved by then.
2018-12-26
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Agreed, please add to the photo options page on the device itself.
2018-12-27
Use props
stefg
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

PS especially with the water resistant case. If you shoot underwater without lights it is always best to shoot RAW stills as the white balance is unreliable or very flat in video,
Need to access pro settings without a phone when used while diving.
2018-12-28
Use props
Lyagukh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68179 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

stefg Posted at 12-28 12:50
PS especially with the water resistant case. If you shoot underwater without lights it is always best to shoot RAW stills as the white balance is unreliable or very flat in video,
Need to access pro settings without a phone when used while diving.

stefg: I totally agree with you on that. But in the meantime what I discovered is this: if you set your OP to RAW/DNG mode while your phone is attached this setting will be in effect even after you detach it. Up until you try to switch modes at which point it will ask if you want to get out of PRO settings. Again: not a solution (because you may want to shoot both photo AND video during one dive) but at least something
2018-12-28
Use props
ven007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 441142 ft
United States

+100.  i went to trip and took so many photos only to relaize that my pro settings are not saved and all of them are jpgs
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules