12Next >
23310 55 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Benndatos
New
Germany

Hey,
I recently bought a Ronin S and today had my first shooting with it and a Panasonic GH4 on a wedding. I already own a Ronin MX and I have experience in balancing and operating a gimbal, so I balanced the Ronin S with excellent results, calibrated it, auto tuned the stability and tried out common settings for the SmoothTrack section (Youtube Videos about smooth track settings for cinematic footage etc.)
Today I also upgradet succesfully to the latest firmware update but still I have this immense shakyness as you can see from the video I put you in the dropbox link:

It almost looks like handheld without any stabilization and from operating with the MX I always got really fluid results.

Here the link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpd5gi9uhltwf49/P1150670.mp4?dl=0

I can´t find any solutions anymore, even with really small and slow panning I have this jumping movement but the gimbal itself does not vibrate or show any sign for a wrong balancing, configuration etc.

I hope to get an answer for this issue!

2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Benndatos, sorry for the late response, may I verify if the issue has been solved? That file isn’t there anymore, if the issue persists, please upload the video again, we will help to check, thank you.
2018-12-27
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi @djimindy,

Sadly I feel like I have the same problem.

I used DJI gimbal over two years, before using this Ronin -S. I balanced it perfectly, good excellent result into test calibration, did the motor low automatic settings ( as I'm using really lightweight set up - Sony A7R & 50 mm ) and use this Cinematic setting for the  SmoothTrack. I Walk the same slow way with this gimbal but I've got a lot of shakes and a non-professional result.

After shooting next to another Ronin with his own ronin S two, I realized something was really wrong with mine.

Could you please have a look at my test footage upload bellow and tell me what I should do ?

Thank's a lot.
2019-3-25
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

youtu.be/uzBTZ1eusJ8
2019-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brieucdsmt Posted at 3-25 08:22
youtu.be/uzBTZ1eusJ8

Hi brieucdsmt, sorry to know you have the same issue, improperly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk.
Please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.
2019-3-29
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-29 03:49
Hi brieucdsmt, sorry to know you have the same issue, improperly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk.
Please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced.

hello @djimindy,

Thank's for you're feedback. Sadly the Charger trick did not solved the issue. Please find attached the screenshot of the Excellent result of the balance test and a video to show the correct balanced of the ronin here. I think my pan axe motor have an issue, should it be send back to revision with your 1 year warranty? Thank's balanced  -   youtube.com/watch?v=qC3FpcWVNQw
2019-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brieucdsmt Posted at 4-2 02:11
hello @djimindy,

Thank's for you're feedback. Sadly the Charger trick did not solved the issue. Please find attached the screenshot of the Excellent result of the balance test and a video to show the correct balanced of the ronin here. I think my pan axe motor have an issue, should it be send back to revision with your 1 year warranty? Thank's [view_image] balanced  -   youtube.com/watch?v=qC3FpcWVNQw

We still would like to verify if the knobs have been locked tightly, you may try to adjust the Stiffness value a little bit or Auto Tune. If the issue persists, please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well, thank you.
2019-4-3
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi,
Thank you for your fast answer.
Let me confirm that the knobs and locked tightly and that I tried Everything regarding the differents value manully or by autotune. I even tested all the autotunes ( Low mid High ).
Please find attached the required information screen.
2019-4-4
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

2019-4-4
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

2019-4-4
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

2019-4-4
Use props
Boris Ostrava
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1202146 ft
Czechia

Similar problem as postat in this forum. Thank you for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyOBkOk9X4E&feature=youtu.be
2019-4-8
Use props
Boris Ostrava
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi, did you manage to solve the problem with ronin s - shaky footages?
2019-4-9
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi, we're still waiting for @dji customer service to answer since last post.
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi brieucdsmt, sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts next time so that I can get the notification and reply timely.
Here are the recommended SmoothTrack Settings for your reference.
If there is no luck, please increase the Stiffness value of Pan axis as much as you can as long as the gimbal will not shake. F72B1C07-5708-DC4D-F701-312152EF9F5F.png
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boris Ostrava Posted at 4-8 00:33
Similar problem as postat in this forum. Thank you for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyOBkOk9X4E&feature=youtu.be

Hi Boris, apparently your Ronin-S is not balanced properly, please put the charger under one of the tripod legs and then perform the Auto Tune and test the balance status until all three axes are excellent.
Then refer to my post in 15# of the SmoothTrack settings. Please try to turn off the SmoothTrack of Roll.
During the shooting, please keep the knees bent when walking to get a smooth shot.
Lean forward slightly when shooting, so the pitch axis can reduce the vertical shake caused by walking.
2019-4-10
Use props
Boris Ostrava
lvl.1
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 04:15
Hi Boris, apparently your Ronin-S is not balanced properly, please put the charger under one of the tripod legs and then perform the Auto Tune and test the balance status until all three axes are excellent.
Then refer to my post in 15# of the SmoothTrack settings. Please try to turn off the SmoothTrack of Roll.
During the shooting, please keep the knees bent when walking to get a smooth shot.

Hi Mindy, I increased the Pan Stiffness value to 85 and the results seem to be better. I'll give you a try. Thank you for your support.
2019-4-10
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-10 04:07
Hi brieucdsmt, sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts next time so that I can get the notification and reply timely.
Here are the recommended SmoothTrack Settings for your reference.
If there is no luck, please increase the Stiffness value of Pan axis as much as you can as long as the gimbal will not shake.[view_image]

Hi Mindy, thank's for the reply. Sadly both option didn't solve the issue. Please see another test footage here. https://youtu.be/FY9b2IBZNXo I added my settings here for you to see. Thank you for your next reply.
2019-4-10
Use props
tylerflowers
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201611 ft
United States

I'm getting something similar. Excellent results on all balance points and I have auto tuned. Here is a bit of sample footage similar to the above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwlCbPJeQFg Haven't used it much since i picked it up in December.
2019-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Boris Ostrava Posted at 4-10 06:48
Hi Mindy, I increased the Pan Stiffness value to 85 and the results seem to be better. I'll give you a try. Thank you for your support.

Glad to hear that, practice makes perfect, hope you have a great experience with it.
2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

tylerflowers Posted at 4-10 10:19
I'm getting something similar. Excellent results on all balance points and I have auto tuned. Here is a bit of sample footage similar to the above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwlCbPJeQFg Haven't used it much since i picked it up in December.

Hi tylerflowers, please refer to my post in 15# and 16# to make the settings properly, thanks.
2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brieucdsmt Posted at 4-10 09:35
Hi Mindy, thank's for the reply. Sadly both option didn't solve the issue. Please see another test footage here. https://youtu.be/FY9b2IBZNXo I added my settings here for you to see. Thank you for your next reply. [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Is the Stiffness the highest value you can set? Any chance to increase it more?
2019-4-12
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-12 04:37

Hi Mindy,

Yes, it's the highest. After the Ronin starts to Shake and the motors make noises.

2019-4-12
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi Mindy,

Yes, it's the highest. After the Ronin starts to Shake and the motors make noises.

2019-4-12
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi Mindy,

2019-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brieucdsmt Posted at 4-12 05:03
Hi Mindy,

Alright, please wait a moment, I will verify with our engineers to see if there is other better suggestion.
2019-4-13
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-13 19:23
Alright, please wait a moment, I will verify with our engineers to see if there is other better suggestion.

Thank you for your help Mindy
2019-4-15
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello Mindy,

Any news of Dji engineers? As a professional company, we already had to rent twice some gimbals for shooting after our issue with this product.  

If we have to wait for 2 to 4 weeks for your repair center, we would like it to be as soon as possible as this
is affecting our client's schedule.

Thank you for your understanding.
2019-4-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brieucdsmt Posted at 4-15 12:32
Thank you for your help Mindy

Hi brieucdsmt, our engineers have checked the video, this is related to the way how you walk, it is recommended to keep the knees bent when walking to get a smooth shot. And Lean forward slightly when shooting, so the pitch axis can reduce the vertical shake caused by walking. Please pay attention to it during shooting.
2019-4-17
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-17 01:10
Hi brieucdsmt, our engineers have checked the video, this is related to the way how you walk, it is recommended to keep the knees bent when walking to get a smooth shot. And Lean forward slightly when shooting, so the pitch axis can reduce the vertical shake caused by walking. Please pay attention to it during shooting.

Hi Mindy,
Thank you for this reply. I've recently tried another Ronin of another filmmaker and I assure you it did operate the same way.
Even running with it did not create those shake.

Even refering to your commercial, the way to use the devis is not a all the same.

This device as a hardware problem and not a software one, trust me on this.

Please provide the steps for revision. Thank you.
2019-4-17
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi Mindy,
Thank you for this reply. I've recently tried another Ronin of another filmmaker and I assure you it did operate the same way.
Even running with it did not create those shake.

Even refering to your commercial, the way to use the devis is not a all the same.

This device as a hardware problem and not a software one, trust me on this.

Please provide the steps for revision. Thank you.
2019-4-17
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi Mindy,

Here is a new test footage with my knees bent and leaning forward.

Probleme still remaining.
2019-4-17
Use props
Grigoredc92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1744304 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hello. I have the same problem. I've been using gimbals for the past one and a half year with no problems. Recently i've bought the Ronin S and it's way jerkier than my last Crane 2. I walk the same, they're both well ballanced (Excellent on Ronin S) used the cinematic settings and nothins, I can't pan with the Ronin because it's too robotic, shaky, jerky and it's frustrating.  I might send it back because it's not normal
2019-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brieucdsmt Posted at 4-17 03:48
Hi Mindy,

Here is a new test footage with my knees bent and leaning forward.

Sorry to know the issue persists, if there is still no luck when walking properly, please send in the device for further evaluation, please start a ticket here https://repair.dji.com/repair/index, if the online repair form is not available for you, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket.
2019-4-18
Use props
Boris Ostrava
lvl.1
Czechia

I was used to working with two-handed gimbal and therefore I think working with one-handed is much more demanding and requires drill.
2019-4-21
Use props
joecarter
New
United Kingdom

Im having the exact same issue and sadly this shaky footage has cost me on jobs already.

In my case when I try to circle an object (and turn the gimbal) the gimbal keeps kicking and juddering making the footage unusable, as well as having the tracking shot issues as seen above. I've set my settings to the recommended ones above but to no effect.
2019-4-24
Use props
Mahdikkm
lvl.1
United States

I have the Same problem Here. i recently bought a ronin S , yesterday I balanced Ronins excellent and filmed with this and i have shaky footage like others. I don't know what should i do i cant give my Customers this shaky footage.
2019-5-18
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-18 02:24
Sorry to know the issue persists, if there is still no luck when walking properly, please send in the device for further evaluation, please start a ticket here https://repair.dji.com/repair/index, if the online repair form is not available for you, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket.

Hi again Mindy,

Allow my self to catch back on the past situation. After admitting that the roll axe was defective, DJI support sent me back the same unit still defective with no trace of the pretended reparations.

I then received a new checklist of steps to perform to try to make this ronin work. Which I did.

I carefully pass checked every test and sadly the shake persist.
I also increase the stiffness and walked knees bent and arm next to my chest.

1. Kindly confirm if the firmware of Ronin-S has been updated to the latest version.
2. Please choose the camera type in APP:

3. Please confirm all the knobs on Ronin-S has been tightened.
4. Please make sure to mount the lens support.
5. Please balance the camera properly then do autotune. After the camera has been properly balanced, please elevate or tilt the gimbal to 45 degrees and check via the app the power value of each axis within ±5 or not. If not, please balance the axis again.
Please refer to this tutorial to balance the gimbal: https://www.dji.com/uk/ronin-s/info#video

Ronin is up to date, knobs are locked, balance result is perfect and stays in place in every position, lens support is mounted, power is within +-5 no more.

I must say I’m VERY disappointed to still be in trouble after 1 month and a half request submits, also I found it unprofessional to return the exact same unchanged product after all this time.

I shot a new movie to show you the remaining issue.

Shot with the correct position, leaning forward and knees bent.

https://we.tl/t-J0S5KVzZDc

I know you’re trying your best but after trying one more time another ronin S with another Sony camera it’s clear that I have been sold a defective unit and demand full replacement of it for a functional one.

I’ve been a loyal consumer of yours after using a Ronin M for years I know how to set up your product.

Thank you for your future help.

Best,
2019-5-23
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

[img][/img]
2019-5-23
Use props
brieucdsmt
lvl.2
Belgium

If needed here is my " repair " information.
RE CAS-2945198-S9H6X9
2019-5-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules