Self Unlocking for NFZ
4737 6 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desert Eagle7
lvl.1
United States

I experienced a self-unlocking situation for the first time the other day - flying my first drone (Mavic Pro) for less than a year, so still learning.  I have an Ipad mini with cellular connected to remote, so I have internet access while flying.  The DJI Go 4 app asked if I wish to apply for Self-Unlocking - I replied yes - then it asked for Credit Card or Phone verification - I replied with phone and entered my number - I got a text with a six digit code.  In every on-line software program I have ever used that employs a similar text a code, you have to enter the code to gain access to the program.  Problem I encountered is that there is no next step that was obvious to enter the six digit code in the DJI Go 4 app to see if it will unlock the restricted area I want to fly.  I have emailed DJI and after several back and forth messages, they refused to instruct me what to do with the six digit code they texted me - I get the same response over and over ---- send your flight controller SN, longitude and latitude of where I want to fly, and my DJI account (that's great if I always know in advance that I am going to encounter a NFZ when out in the field) - and they gave me the same links to instructional videos for flysafe self-unlock and geo-map - I watched the videos and they don't say anything about what to do with the six digit code they text you.  Why have a self-unlock feature that should work on a moments notice (unless a very restricted flight area) when you are out in the field, with internet access, when you unexpectedly encounter a restricted area that DJI prevents you from flying in?  Can anyone tell me where to enter the six digit code to try an unlock a restricted area, without sending me a link to one of the useless instructional videos or an email adress for flysafe, which I have already tried?  Thanks in advance for any help.
2018-12-21
Use props
Ed Cavallero
Second Officer
United States

I just saw this yesterday on my mpp. You have to scroll the window down on the djigo4 app to see where to enter numbers.
2018-12-21
Use props
Desert Eagle7
lvl.1
United States

Still not clear where to input code.   The Self-Unlocking screen process is dominating my viewing screen and there is no where to input code or scroll down.  Am I supposed to go into the App settings somewhere?  General Settings has a unlocking license area for either App or Aircraft.  This area also does not have anywhere to input a code.  It just shows a license list - in my case, there are no licenses showing.   
2018-12-22
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the NLD mod and I don't have to do this anymore. Sorry not any help. :|
2018-12-23
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-23
Use props
Desert Eagle7
lvl.1
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-23 20:21
I haven't ran into this lately, but I had the same problem. Where you enter the code is actually in the popup window blocking things. The space to enter the code is the same white as the window background. Tap around in the open spaces in that window and a text box should appear. Took me quite awhile to find it originally...

Thanks - I'll try that next time.  
2018-12-24
Use props
Xorg
lvl.1
Belgium

I tried this several days agi without success. I entered the 6 digits in the field, without seeing the validation button as it was hidden by the virtual keyboard. By luck i succeed to validate the 6 digits within the 5 minutes to see a few seconds after ‘error, please retry later’
I tried one more time with the same result. I think that doesn’t work at all and the only way is either their flysafe web site or a mail with all the evidences
I planned to buy a 8 arms drone and it will never be a DJI, that’s for sure
2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules