1969 5 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EQBView
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone sent their X5S in for repair to a DJI repair facility?  I recently sent mine back per the instuctions and for over a week of back and forth where they are saying they won't repair it (or provide assessment [part#, price] that I requested) I'm asking them to just send it back.

They did offer to send me a refurb at a slightly discounted price, but getting burned by them in the past where they will not provide a full warranty or allow DJI CARE I don't see the value in a refurb vs new.

Have you (or know of someone) that has had a DJI Repair facility repair an X5S?

dc in HSV
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi EQBView, could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-12-21
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-21 22:09
Hi EQBView, could you tell us your case number? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.

surely   . .  ///CAS-2541589-W7T8Y2 CRM:0001005967178///
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EQBView Posted at 12-22 20:33
surely   . .  ///CAS-2541589-W7T8Y2 CRM:0001005967178///

Received with thanks! Upon checking the case log, the gimbal was destroyed and there is no repair value. Therefore, the team suggested replacing the camera with a certain discount. You may check the policy from here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy Hope for your understanding.
X.png
2018-12-23
Use props
EQBView
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

destroyed?  Funny, when I mounted it on my other drone it actually operated fine.  The ONLY reason I sent it back with the damaged M200 was to showcase how bad it hit.  There is a hairline crack in the case, but surprisingly it balanced ok.  The aircraft it was mounted too was under warranty and thats a completely seperate discussion why it 'fell out of the sky'.  I didnt expect to get the batteries that were damaged beyond repair or the X5S I sent in, but I wanted the tech's to see it and hopefully get a report of their analysis.  I've asked them to send the X5S back.  There is no way I would buy a refurb X5S with no warranty and no ability to have DJI CARE on it . . . just doesn't make good sense.

I appreciate you looking into the matter and hopefully someone will see my initial post and answer the questions I placed in the forum.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

EQBView Posted at 12-23 21:30
destroyed?  Funny, when I mounted it on my other drone it actually operated fine.  The ONLY reason I sent it back with the damaged M200 was to showcase how bad it hit.  There is a hairline crack in the case, but surprisingly it balanced ok.  The aircraft it was mounted too was under warranty and thats a completely seperate discussion why it 'fell out of the sky'.  I didnt expect to get the batteries that were damaged beyond repair or the X5S I sent in, but I wanted the tech's to see it and hopefully get a report of their analysis.  I've asked them to send the X5S back.  There is no way I would buy a refurb X5S with no warranty and no ability to have DJI CARE on it . . . just doesn't make good sense.

I appreciate you looking into the matter and hopefully someone will see my initial post and answer the questions I placed in the forum.

Hi there, we are sorry for the bad experience you had with us. This case has been forwarded to the management to further check. They will review your case and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your support and understanding.
2018-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules