DJI GO 4 app for Spark
3121 11 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12231 ft
United States

What is the latest version of the DJI GO 4 app fpor Spark?  Are Spark owners notified about up dates?  Where does one find the benifits of upgrading the GO 4 app?
2018-12-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find the current versions of DJI GO 4 here:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2018-12-21
Use props
slyd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12231 ft
United States

msinger Posted at 12-21 21:02

Thanks,  Any known issues with iPad Air2 That is known?

2018-12-21
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

NO, you can find it here : https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf
be aware!!!! Set auto update OFF.
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

slyd Posted at 12-21 21:11
Thanks,  Any known issues with iPad Air2 That is known?

Hi Slyd. iPad Air 2 is fully compatible with Spark. Just make sure to connect it directly to your drone or connect it to the remote controller after your re-link it with your aircraft. If you have any question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2018-12-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

That document does not contain the latest version of DJI GO 4 (like the OP was asking). It's a good resource for reading up on firmware updates though.
2018-12-22
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

The official DJI download links may display the incorrect version number on the web page. The file name of the downloaded file will contain the correct version number.
Official Spark download page:  https://www.dji.com/spark/downloads
At the moment, the latest android version seems to be:
             DJI-v4.3.8_181212-715-35435_official_sec-05e209c7d12bc95c4754cd11557f3196.apk

Current & older versions of DJI Go 4 for android (with What's New notes available) can be downloaded from: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/

Updates via Google Play seems to be a problem in my experience. Turn off automatic updates.
Sometimes a new version is available but the old version number exists within Google Play, thus no update is displayed, even manually updating. The only way to get the very latest is via the links provided directly from DJI or wait until it's on apkmirror.

BTW - I have the latest firmware (firmware, not software) within Spark, the Remote & Batteries. My experience varies, depending on the DJI GO 4 software version. Latest Firmware works for me regardless.

Versions 4.1.x are the first versions to support Spark.   Try version 4.1.22 for stability verses features.

Versions 4.2.x  "Added compatibility and features for the Mavic Air".  Versions prior to 4.2.6 have plain text DJI Go 4 app logs - Later versions have encrypted logs.  Version 4.2.12 supports offline maps. Previous plain text logs show HERE maps from nokia was the source of maps. Now everything is encrypted -  I have no idea what maps are used.  Your experience may vary, depending on what version you choose.

Version 4.3.x   "Fully supports DJI latest drones MAVIC 2 PRO and MAVIC 2 ZOOM". Nothing new for Spark. Maybe minor changes with updates.    For me, this version FAILS. Bad video feed & many disconnects within 10 m / 33 ft & irregular flight. Bouncing in the air (up/down, literally 3 m (10 ft), as I turned off the low battery auto landing mode. Spark half ignored my RC commands (after cancelling auto-land) to ascend. It looked like a yo-yo.

Sorry for the detailed response, but your question also asked "Where does one find the benifits of upgrading the GO 4 app?".    Basically, from personal experience. Sometimes it does not benefit to upgrade. It all depends on your DJI Go 4 device & it's wifi capacity (2.4 or 5 Ghz). Then the software (DJI Go 4) version.  Keep a backup of late 4.1.x, early 4.2.x versions & the current version in the download folder on your device from apkmirror & test for yourself.

How you find the benefit? If any, is by testing each version yourself & reading the 'release notes' or what's new as published. BEWARE- not every change is published, such as data collection, logs.  Just check the dji go4 app creating new directories for random changes between versions as they go. Very interesting.
2018-12-22
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-22 10:18
Hi Slyd. iPad Air 2 is fully compatible with Spark. Just make sure to connect it directly to your drone or connect it to the remote controller after your re-link it with your aircraft. If you have any question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Natalia - I don't see iPad mini 2 on the list for 4.3.3. It has been supported previously.
2018-12-23
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

msinger Posted at 12-22 11:43
That document does not contain the latest version of DJI GO 4 (like the OP was asking). It's a good resource for reading up on firmware updates though.

thats document shows tested versions of the GO4 app which works, all versions after that are upgrades for dji mavic air/zoom and pro2.
If you upgrade you can get in trouble, but if you want to loose your Spark be my guest.
2018-12-23
Use props
MavSpa_user
First Officer
Netherlands

@sparkz71. version 4.1.22, you don't have the OTG anymore.
version 4.1.14, last version which yyou can change to 2.4 or 5 ghz
4.1.15, the most stable version with OTG support.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

marlowe Posted at 12-23 00:44
Natalia - I don't see iPad mini 2 on the list for 4.3.3. It has been supported previously.

Hi, I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Don't worry, I'll forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-23
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 12-23 02:00
thats document shows tested versions of the GO4 app which works, all versions after that are upgrades for dji mavic air/zoom and pro2.
If you upgrade you can get in trouble, but if you want to loose your Spark be my guest.

That document shows the current version of DJI GO 4 at the time the firmware was released.

Your Spark will not fly away if you use a newer version of DJI GO 4. Lots of people are flying multiple drone models using DJI GO 4. Asking them to downgrade to fly the Spark and then upgrade again to fly the Mavic would be a tad ridiculous.
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules