DJI Ronin-S vibrating whenever the camera moves?!
3682 18 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PDCinema
lvl.1
United States

I have had the Ronin-S for over 2 months now... and I have had this issue almost since the day I started using it. Almost every time I power on the Ronin-S, and pan the camera up, it starts vibrating and shaking violently. I have contacted DJI Support through E-Mail, and followed their instructions to fix the issue down to the letter. It didn't work. It has gotten to a point where I don't even want to use the Ronin-S because it does this, every. Single. Time. No, my Motor Parameters are not set too high, they do not exceed 35. All the settings are correct, and the DJI App says all Axis' are balanced excellently. I have also updated the Firmware. Still no fix. Will this issue be fixed soon? Or do I need to sell the Ronin-S for something that actually works?
Thank you for all your help!

- Nate Cox - Prism Digital Cinema.

2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Nate Cox, we are so sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, please follow the following steps to make troubleshooting first:
1. Please make sure all the knobs have been tightened.
2. Did you mount the camera mounting plate and the lens support? This is very important.
3. Please tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of all the motors is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
If the issue persists, could you please share us a short sample video for further support? Thank you.
2018-12-27
Use props
Kalerad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198114 ft
United States

I just bought a Ronin S and it is doing the same thing. Mostly with front to back tilting. Side to side seems to be ok. Sometimes just turning the motors on it will vibrate.

This is really sad since I just got it.
2018-12-27
Use props
PDCinema
lvl.1
United States

Kalerad Posted at 12-27 22:21
I just bought a Ronin S and it is doing the same thing. Mostly with front to back tilting. Side to side seems to be ok. Sometimes just turning the motors on it will vibrate.

Yes this is exactly what is happening with mine
2018-12-29
Use props
PDCinema
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 01:58
Hi Nate Cox, we are so sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, please follow the following steps to make troubleshooting first:
1. Please make sure all the knobs have been tightened.
2. Did you mount the camera mounting plate and the lens support? This is very important.

Yes I have done all those things. Like I said, Motor parameters are not too high either.
2018-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PDCinema Posted at 12-29 14:13
Yes I have done all those things. Like I said, Motor parameters are not too high either.

Any chance to share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings, thanks a lot.
2018-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kalerad Posted at 12-27 22:21
I just bought a Ronin S and it is doing the same thing. Mostly with front to back tilting. Side to side seems to be ok. Sometimes just turning the motors on it will vibrate.

Hi Kalerad, sorry to know you have the same issue, did you refer to my posts in 2# for a brief troubleshooting? If the issue persists, please provide us a short video for further support, thank you in advance.
2018-12-30
Use props
PDCinema
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-30 02:42
Any chance to share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings, thanks a lot.

Yes. Here is the screenshot as requested.
IMG_3506.PNG
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PDCinema Posted at 2018-12-31 15:57
Yes. Here is the screenshot as requested.

Thanks for the details of the settings, please make the Auto Tune, the Stiffness will be adjusted by the gimbal system according to the payloads of the gimbal, if there is no luck, please decrease the Stiffness value of the Tilt axis to try again, thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
PDCinema
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 23:40
Thanks for the details of the settings, please make the Auto Tune, the Stiffness will be adjusted by the gimbal system according to the payloads of the gimbal, if there is no luck, please decrease the Stiffness value of the Tilt axis to try again, thank you.

Thanks, though whenever I auto tune the gimbals motors they become way to loose and the footage is nowhere near smooth. Same issue when I decrease the strength of the tilt motor, to lower it enough for it not to vibrate, the footage is very shaky.
2019-1-7
Use props
EWmedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345860 ft
Sweden

Do every ronin s user having this problem?

2019-1-8
Use props
PDCinema
lvl.1
United States

EWmedia Posted at 1-8 10:30
Do every ronin s user having this problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKga3TAcyUo

Yes this is exactly what is happening with my ronin-s
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PDCinema Posted at 1-7 18:14
Thanks, though whenever I auto tune the gimbals motors they become way to loose and the footage is nowhere near smooth. Same issue when I decrease the strength of the tilt motor, to lower it enough for it not to vibrate, the footage is very shaky.

Alright, this situation will be forwarded to our engineers for further assistance, I will come back to you soon.
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi EWmedia, sorry for the trouble caused, did you refer to my post in 9# to make the Auto Tune? The Stiffness will be adjusted by the gimbal system according to the payloads of the gimbal, if there is no luck, please decrease the Stiffness value of the Tilt axis to try again.
2019-1-9
Use props
EWmedia
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-9 03:57
Hi EWmedia, sorry for the trouble caused, did you refer to my post in9# to make the Auto Tune? The Stiffness will be adjusted by the gimbal system according to the payloads of the gimbal, if there is no luck, please decrease the Stiffness value of the Tilt axis to try again.

I going to send back on the warranty. This is a error from the factory
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EWmedia Posted at 1-9 08:10
I going to send back on the warranty. This is a error from the factory

We are really sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, we still would like to verify some questions after confirming with our engineers:
1. Will the gimbal make the noise during the Auto Tune when tilting up?
2. Will it vibrate when closing the screen of the camera?
3. If all the lock switch and the screws in the Camera Mounting Base have been tightened, please send in the Ronin-S at your most convenience for further evaluation.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

PDCinema Posted at 1-8 10:40
Yes this is exactly what is happening with my ronin-s

Hi PDCinema, thanks for your patience, please check my post in 16#, thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
EWmedia
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-11 22:38
We are really sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, we still would like to verify some questions after confirming with our engineers:
1. Will the gimbal make the noise during the Auto Tune when tilting up?
2. Will it vibrate when closing the screen of the camera?

Hmm so you think the flipp out screen is the problem? I have not try that, I have already send it back
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EWmedia Posted at 1-15 09:18
Hmm so you think the flipp out screen is the problem? I have not try that, I have already send it back

It is just a thought. Since you have sent in, please keep us updated with the case number if you need any assistance during this process.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules