5915 6 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kvorel
New
Flight distance : 8123 ft
Thailand

Dear DJI,

I've trying to use iPad Pro 2018 (released in Nov 2018) to connect it directly to Mavic Air via USB-C cable - to import my videos.
But it's showing only videos and photos on internal storage - no SD card. And it's relevant for any content - photos and videos on Mavic Air.

Is it limitations on Mavic side? Will it be fixed? I've tried other devices to connect to my iPad - SD card import works. Also if I connect my Mavic Air to computer - it shows SD card and internal storage files.

Please help here. It would be great to resolve the issue with so convenient iPad import usage.

2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Likely iPad limitation, as I don’t think iOS can even see multiple portions on a single drive, and mavic is hosting two physic drives, so probably just beyond the current capabilities of iOS.
2018-12-22
Use props
Kvorel
New
Flight distance : 8123 ft
Thailand

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-22 05:22
Likely iPad limitation, as I don’t think iOS can even see multiple portions on a single drive, and mavic is hosting two physic drives, so probably just beyond the current capabilities of iOS.

Testing showed that most likely you are right. iPad randomly showing either internal storage or sd card.
Does anybody know any workaround how to get access to SD only from new iPad? (Beside buying SD card reader)
2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kvorel Posted at 12-22 19:00
Testing showed that most likely you are right. iPad randomly showing either internal storage or sd card.
Does anybody know any workaround how to get access to SD only from new iPad? (Beside buying SD card reader)

Unfortunately I don’t think any app is capable of exposing file systems on iOS, one of the many security restriction Apple put in place to keep Apps from tampering with other apps, and keep apps from installing and injecting crap elsewhere.  And for USB/lighting it’s whatever storage volume/partition exposes its self first gets viewed.   

I imagine Apple will eventually Add in better Connected storage support, probably a virtual layer as it seems like it would be a common complaint for a Pro device seeking to replace laptop if into believe the dribble Apple is claiming.  
2018-12-23
Use props
PUMMY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 376450 ft
United Kingdom

DJI needs to update its identification as a camera instead of an external drive, then it will be visible on the iPad Pro. When you connect a handshake happens and it needs to identify itself differently when connected to the iPad. This is shown on a laptopwhen you connect as the OS  sees the internal storage as a hard drive NOT a camera
2019-1-8
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

@DJI Susan can you get it through R&D please?
2019-1-19
Use props
fansa3a1c6de
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3533 ft
Netherlands

Any updates? Indeed also like to do so. I.e. getting files from the removable SD-card straight via the USB-C connection into my iPad pro. Only seem to work for the internal memory.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules