How to switch off record "beep"?
1234Next >
32522 153 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geku
lvl.1
Germany

I'm really impressed by the new Osmo Pocket. The only annoying thing is the beeping sound when the record buttom is pressed.
Who knows how to switch it off?

2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hey all, thank you all for your interest with the sound button. This sound will be allowed to switch off In the next update.
2019-2-20
Use props
Clone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19406 ft
Hong Kong

you can’t
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Geku. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-12-22
Use props
Jelena Lihhavtsuk
lvl.1

Israel

This is very annoying. People all the time pay attention to this "beep". I hope DJI can do soon something with that.
2018-12-23
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

Most phone and cameras have a required shutter sound throughout SE Asia.  Given DJI isn't the same size as the likes of Samsung, Apple or Cannon chances are only one firmware will service devices in all regions.  
2018-12-23
Use props
geku
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-22 11:57
Hi, Geku. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will forward this concern to our R&D department for further clarification. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

It would be best to be able to switch the sound off in the settings, so that cultural preferences in different regions of the world could be met.
At least in Europe, people hesitate to use a camera if it attracts too much attention when used.
2018-12-23
Use props
MichaelDanCurtis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10705 ft
United States

Seriously, the beep on this thing has got to be the most obnoxious thing I have heard on a device to date... Please add a function to turn it off, at the very least for video
2018-12-23
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

This Beep, I had another beep thing issue with Osmo+. Seriously remove this beep. It is extremely annoying in silent event. I was listening a poem and wanted to record it. Place was totally silent except that BEEP!!! And when stopping DOUBLE BEEP. Remove it!. Unbelievable!! Eye magnet things, angry faces..
2018-12-24
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

I actually sold my Osmo+ because the beep got recorded to the every video. Some of the videos are getting that beep when I start recording Osmo Pocket. Can't believe this problem still exists using DJI products.
2018-12-24
Use props
docK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21719 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-22 11:57

This is really annoying. +1 for removing this via settings.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Geku. Can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.

2018-12-24
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

geku Posted at 12-23 14:22
It would be best to be able to switch the sound off in the settings, so that cultural preferences in different regions of the world could be met.
At least in Europe, people hesitate to use a camera if it attracts too much attention when used.

" ... cultural preferences ...."  ?   What do you mean ?  Are there cultures where a beep is .... ?
2018-12-24
Use props
fans1cf87487
New

Germany

This beep is disturbing in many places. How to record a wedding or a theatre play of your children without disturbing the audience. This is really unacceptable. Will you change it?
2018-12-24
Use props
geku
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-24 13:30
Hi Geku. Can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.

A video of the „beep“ is not possible. Please simply find a way to let the users switch of the „beep“ in the settings as soon as possible. It really hurts the user experience!!!
2018-12-24
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

Yes please. Add a silent mode.
Without Mimo app it beeps once when record starts or taking photos and beeps twice when recording video stops.
In the Mimo app, I notice it doesn't beep when starting recording but it beeps twice when recording stops.
2018-12-25
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

I just seriously cant believe this same problem from Osmo+ is in the Osmo Pocket.

Make the device silent or I have to sell this one too.
2018-12-27
Use props
djiuser_dcbWGHS8b9EE
New

United Kingdom

Can only agree with all the above. Selling point is small unobtrusive but then  it beeps !!! Please please please fix this via a silent mode or mute option.  
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

geku Posted at 12-24 23:58
A video of the „beep“ is not possible. Please simply find a way to let the users switch of the „beep“ in the settings as soon as possible. It really hurts the user experience!!!

Sorry for the late response. However, I need a sample video of the issue so I can coordinate it to our R&D team. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2018-12-28
Use props
JDebler
lvl.1
United States

The beep is not in the video that the Osmo Pocket records, it is something that actual piece of hardware makes.

Press the record button, the Osmo Pocket goes BEEP and then starts recording.
Press it again, the Osmo Pocket goes BEEP BEEP and then stops recording.

being able to choose to turn that off would be very helpful in many situations that someone would want to record video without disturbing others.

If you still need it, here is a video.

2018-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

JDebler Posted at 12-28 13:27
The beep is not in the video that the Osmo Pocket records, it is something that actual piece of hardware makes.

Press the record button, the Osmo Pocket goes BEEP and then starts recording.

Agree.
Having a "mute" option that you could choose on Mimo that would be retained as a user defined DeFault would be best.  That way no precious screen space would be take in settings, and a Mimo based change wouldn't be lost when disconnected or device turned off.
2018-12-28
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Beep. Also, many of my videos start with "half beep" because device is already recording before the beep ends. I save a lot of videos without editing. Beep beep.
2018-12-30
Use props
Alessandro Limonta
New
Flight distance : 5381 ft
Italy

YES please find a way of removing it!
Just received it, fantastic product, but that beep is sooo annoying!
I remember when digital camera first came out that some sort of noise was required for privacy, but we're talking early 2000s, nowadays every single maker gives the choice to mute their sounds (look at gopro)
2019-1-3
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Alessandro Limonta Posted at 1-3 00:25
YES please find a way of removing it!
Just received it, fantastic product, but that beep is sooo annoying!
I remember when digital camera first came out that some sort of noise was required for privacy, but we're talking early 2000s, nowadays every single maker gives the choice to mute their sounds (look at gopro)

It is even worse because too often that Beep is recorded to the beginning of the video. Many of my kids videos starts with half beep. And I believe many will use this device to record and simple store family videos. Not to edit every recording to make something "fantastic"..
2019-1-3
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Vermifuge Posted at 2018-12-23 11:46
Most phone and cameras have a required shutter sound throughout SE Asia.  Given DJI isn't the same size as the likes of Samsung, Apple or Cannon chances are only one firmware will service devices in all regions.

They make the same thing to power up or power down 5Ghz strength on drones. To respect FCC or CE rules. Using GPS positioning. They could do the same thing here.
2019-1-3
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 1-3 04:41
They make the same thing to power up or power down 5Ghz strength on drones. To respect FCC or CE rules. Using GPS positioning. They could do the same thing here.

The Osmo Pocket isn't a GPS connected device. and can function independently of the Osmo Mimo app.
2019-1-3
Use props
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

+1 for beep removal. If GoPro can defeat it, DJI can. From a creative perspective, capturing content candidly is key to not ruining shots, mood, atmosphere, scaring animals, children, etc...
2019-1-3
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Vermifuge Posted at 1-3 11:34
The Osmo Pocket isn't a GPS connected device. and can function independently of the Osmo Mimo app.

Your phone isn't a GPS device?
Also with drones, you CANNOT change region, if you don't connect your smartphone to RC.
They don't change automatically. And you can use them without smartphone. With mavic you have telemetry right on your RC. With mavic air and spark you can use them witourh rc as well). So the same condiction here.
And consider that you have to use your smartphone to use ProMode...  
2019-1-4
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Vermifuge Posted at 1-3 11:34

And don't forget. You need your smartphone to activated it.
So at the moment of activation, the app can detect if you are in Asia or not.
2019-1-4
Use props
djiwhit
New
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-22 11:57

+1 for removal of beep. As other people have already mentioned here, please add an option in the settings, to enable a silent mode, removing beeps when taking pictures or start/stopping video recording. Thanks.
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiwhit Posted at 1-4 07:04
+1 for removal of beep. As other people have already mentioned here, please add an option in the settings, to enable a silent mode, removing beeps when taking pictures or start/stopping video recording. Thanks.

Hi, we do appreciate your feedback and suggestion with our new product. No worries, I will forward this suggestion to our R&D department for future request. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-5
Use props
H1y5vCcTJIr9
lvl.1

Japan

The Beep is Brutal! Please provide Silent option ASAP
2019-1-6
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Vermifuge Posted at 2018-12-23 11:46
Most phone and cameras have a required shutter sound throughout SE Asia.  Given DJI isn't the same size as the likes of Samsung, Apple or Cannon chances are only one firmware will service devices in all regions.

Which parts of SEA are you referring to? Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia? None of these countries require the beep when recording is started. South Korea used to have that regulation years ago but I don’t know if that still stands today.
2019-1-7
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

The beep on my unit is also distorted sometimes. As if the small speaker wouldn't be able to handle the beep) Is the beep in your unit clean? Like a clean beep sound? Or doest it sound as a cracked beep sometimes? Making it silent would be the best to forget about it ;)

2019-1-7
Use props
Joachim63
New
France

hedac Posted at 1-7 13:29
The beep on my unit is also distorted sometimes. As if the small speaker wouldn't be able to handle the beep) Is the beep in your unit clean? Like a clean beep sound? Or doest it sound as a cracked beep sometimes? Making it silent would be the best to forget about it ;)

+1 for removal of beep.
This week, I was filming animals in the country and they left when they heard the beep !
So stupid bip :-(
2019-1-7
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-28 09:16
Sorry for the late response. However, I need a sample video of the issue so I can coordinate it to our R&D team. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

no  you don't.  this is the most simple request in the world.  Are you a bot?
2019-1-7
Use props
BTLORD
New
Switzerland

+1 for removal of beep. It is really annoying and it makes it difficult to record organic shots without everyone watching at you.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi all, your request of disabling the record sound has been escalated to our engineers for attention, please note the future update, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your support.
2019-1-8
Use props
Searcher78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10889 ft
Germany

Good news! Hope they find a solution fast. Can't even film my kittens when playing... when the Pocket beeps, they stop playing and looking at the Osmo.... :-(

Filming weddings with the beep is an absolute nogo....
2019-1-8
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

Searcher78 Posted at 1-8 04:42
Good news! Hope they find a solution fast. Can't even film my kittens when playing... when the Pocket beeps, they stop playing and looking at the Osmo.... :-(

Filming weddings with the beep is an absolute nogo....

I know the feeling. The moments when you dont want to interrupt anything.. In the church, weddings, kids or animals playing, poem listening.. etc. Beep is ruining everything and this is the reason why I rather use smartphone to these places atm. I really would love to use OP rather. It is so sad than some action cam like gopro is totally silent but not this..

I would pay to get that silent option ... such a great device! Love to use it still.

Beep beep
2019-1-8
Use props
LucaIntini
lvl.1
Flight distance : 397 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Let's put it in this way : you can deactivate the beep on gopro, cannot on osmo Pocket.

Please provide the software option to silent or modify the audio level of the annoying beep
2019-1-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules