Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to switch off record "beep"?
1234Next >
32356 153 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YINGFENG
lvl.1
United States

Beep Beep, beep beep, beeeeeeeep DJI beeeeeeeep, please beep, remove beep!
2019-1-28
Use props
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

Still not addressed in FW 1.4. sucks...
2019-1-30
Use props
jlagerholm
lvl.1
United States

I agree this feature would be very valuable.  I had a frustrating, real world example I experienced the other day when I was attempting to record Behind the Scenes footage of an audio drama recording.  I couldn't start or stop recording with the osmo pocket during takes because the beep kept being picked up by the studio microphones.  Everyone around was impressed by what the osmo pocket was/could do, but when they asked me to find the setting to shut off the beep I realized there wasn't an option.  It was a little embarassing, to be honest.  One of the other producers had to go get his 5DMark II out of his car to record.
2019-1-31
Use props
fans33fb6b33
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81834 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI? How many weeks to wait and have this disturbing beep beep beeeeep?
2019-2-5
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8754354 ft
Belgium

More than 100 replies to this treat, yet still ignored by Dji and not included in the last firmware update. Such a shame!
2019-2-6
Use props
djiuser_nqeGtyeqahO0
New

United States

+1 for removing beep plz. 2 yo can ignore dlr. But not that beep.
2019-2-6
Use props
Manro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8730 ft
Spain

Por favor, ya lo pedimos hasta en Castellano, pongan una opción para poder desactivar/activar el BEEP
2019-2-7
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Please DJI, please make this a priority.  I appreciate the latest firmware, but this one is important.  In the upcoming weeks, I will have a few church events and family graduations where I won't be able to use the OP at all with this annoying beep.  Please give us a way to turn it off.
2019-2-7
Use props
matthew4000
New
Germany

Adding my voice to this discussion: The beep must go! This camera is so wonderfully non-intrusive and would work brilliantly for ethnographic filming, but that recording sound is ruining everything.
Greets from Germany! Make us proud to be DJI product owners - not embarrassed!
2019-2-7
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

Would opening the Osmo Pocket and killing the little speaker void the warranty?
2019-2-7
Use props
fansadc5ac06
lvl.1
Germany

I've to record an 'message to the staff' video given by a companies member of the board next week and wanted to use the Osmo Pocket to gather some important 'B-Roll' shots from the side while the main cameras are running, with this beep going on this is just impossible.  

So please listen.

Many thanks in advance,
yours Ruediger Kern.
2019-2-8
Use props
Anton U.
lvl.2
Russia

DJI you can't ignore it. I'm asking DJI staff to check this thread and start working on this problem because it's highly important feature for the next firmware update.

Turn off that beep sound forever. Turn off. That. BEEP!
2019-2-9
Use props
Cool h
lvl.4

Hong Kong

I don't think they need to start working on anything, it is a decision they need to make, removing the beep is not like adding new functions to the firmware, it is NOT a technical problem but rather something legal related issue they may worry about, I don't think they ignore this thread, they just can't make the decision now or it would be the easist thing to do, they can release a firmware tomorrow only with the beep function and it still would be a great amazing update!
2019-2-9
Use props
djiuser_LLlNljHpH8Ov
New
United Kingdom

I really wish you would do something about the annoying beep this is old technology that every camera maker addressed years ago. Had I known about the beep I wouldn't have bought the pocket.
2019-2-12
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

I am really curious about what laws exactly are enforcing the beeps. I cannot believe it. Any other cameras I have there is an option to disable the beep.
Why is this thread ignored by DJI? At least say something like.. no we wont disable the beep.

2019-2-12
Use props
Anton U.
lvl.2
Russia

djiuser_LLlNljHpH8Ov Posted at 2-12 10:59
I really wish you would do something about the annoying beep this is old technology that every camera maker addressed years ago. Had I known about the beep I wouldn't have bought the pocket.

Exactly, same to me! There was nothing in osmo pocket technical description on any e-shop sites about this beep sound. And of course nothing about that moment that it's not possible to turn off. If I had known about this issue, I wouldn't buy it as well.

Currently I cannot use osmo pocket all the time. But I really want it. Some scenes or situations requires absolute silence during shooting. This product have really great filming opportunities. But for now it's just beeping nonsense device.
2019-2-12
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI, I'm praying so you make this beep thing a priority.  Some dslr and mirrorless cameras have a quiet shutter mode so they can be used at places like churches where you have to be quiet.  I'm sure you can do the same with this wonderful camera.  
2019-2-12
Use props
Webcruise
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

An option to turn this off would be much appreciated!
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hedac Posted at 2-12 11:44
I am really curious about what laws exactly are enforcing the beeps. I cannot believe it. Any other cameras I have there is an option to disable the beep.
Why is this thread ignored by DJI? At least say something like.. no we wont disable the beep.

I think if they said something like that, you would then see the place up in arms, there is a belief that dji are not listening because they are not commenting, but if you take it that we were never promised Pro mode without using phone, but many came on here and other forums suggesting this was something that would be a good add on , and dji added this which was probably the best edition we could have had for OP, I also think they are listening to those who would like an option to have a silent button for the beep.
There are also many other suggestions being bandied about on this forum that others would like added, so I’m sure we won’t get all of them but hopefully we will get some if it’s possible through FW or SW updates, so we may have to be patient when looking for improvements, many of which were not advertised or promised, so yes keep asking for what you would like, but don’t lose your rationale if everything is not in place by the morning, it’s funny to listen to others say that the beep was a matter of getting or returning their OP, we shouldn’t lose our sh#t about this but continue to put forward the benefits we would have from adding this feature.
2019-2-12
Use props
georgestan
New
Romania

I want the beep removed too. Greeting from Romania!
2019-2-12
Use props
djiuser_lDbS47UwrC1V
New
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-24 13:30
Hi Geku. Can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.

Hello Nathalia, our case I use Osmo Pocket to film ‘behind the scenes’ in a film environment, while the main cameras are recording interviews. During the first attempt to do this we immediately realize that the beep has to be disabled, otherwise this camera cannot be used in a film set, and the investment on this equipment has been useless, since according to DJI return/refund policies, return this camera to the store is not allowed.
2019-2-13
Use props
djiuser_lDbS47UwrC1V
New
Canada

Hello Nathalia, our case I use Osmo Pocket to film ‘behind the scenes’ in a film environment, while the main cameras are recording interviews. During the first attempt to do this we immediately realize that the beep has to be disabled, otherwise this camera cannot be used in a film set, and the investment on this equipment has been useless, since according to DJI return/refund policies, return the camera to the store is not allowed.
2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_lDbS47UwrC1V Posted at 2-13 10:11
Hello Nathalia, our case I use Osmo Pocket to film ‘behind the scenes’ in a film environment, while the main cameras are recording interviews. During the first attempt to do this we immediately realize that the beep has to be disabled, otherwise this camera cannot be used in a film set, and the investment on this equipment has been useless, since according to DJI return/refund policies, return the camera to the store is not allowed.

Do they not use a clapperboard on film set as well as shouting ACTION ,!!!!
2019-2-13
Use props
Anton U.
lvl.2
Russia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-2-13
Use props
Anton U.
lvl.2
Russia

2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-2-13
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Anton U. Posted at 2-14 23:21
The little jerk’s mouth closed, as it must be. And we can keep discussing.  Was surprised to see such idiot in DJI forum.

Everyone please keep voting for removing beep sound. We still need keep updated this thread.

Hey Anton!
calm down! Hallmark's comments may sound for you a bit too much as a DJI-fanboy, but is
comments were always realistic.
There are still a lot of possible improvements to be done, but to change a firmware is more than just
changing some command-lines in the software. Testing testing testing, otherwise YOU would be the first starting screaming...

So relax and have a good day ;-)
2019-2-15
Use props
Anton U.
lvl.2
Russia

UweE Posted at 2-15 00:35
Hey Anton!
calm down! Hallmark's comments may sound for you a bit too much as a DJI-fanboy, but is

Hey UweE!

I don't mind about anything except when this thread was visited by disabled troll who was just left obvious comment and then started trolling and even insulting. Right, it's fanboy but this fanboy must get some manners or shut his mouth because he thinks that he can talk like this. But no f. way it will be here.

And for the last, I'm not going insist on this thread anymore. I left my feedback and surely I'm waiting DJI response or in the best way update for this issue. But I'm really not here for reading trolls and disableds. So again, I hope this thread will be "clean" further.

Anyway, thanks and have a good day!
2019-2-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UweE Posted at 2-15 00:35
Hey Anton!

I wouldn’t be to worried about the Glimmerman aka Anton, it’s not the first Time he’s done this and I’m sure it won’t be the last.
He’s been trolling this forum in one form or another for years.
2019-2-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The beep doesn’t bother me at all. First, you are not supposed to use the first few second of the recording anyway. You are supposed to compose your shot, the start recording and then record your scene. Same at the end. When you have finished with the scene, you hold the last image for a couple of seconds, then stop recording.  

As a professional video guy, I’ve been doing this for 40 years.
2019-2-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

TheCameraGuy Posted at 2-15 07:26
The beep doesn’t bother me at all. First, you are not supposed to use the first few second of the recording anyway. You are supposed to compose your shot, the start recording and then record your scene. Same at the end. When you have finished with the scene, you hold the last image for a couple of seconds, then stop recording.  

As a professional video guy, I’ve been doing this for 40 years.

The problem with the beep is that most of us are not filming "awesome youtube footage". I actually don't know any. But those who I know owning this device are normal family people taking photos and videos. This device is light weight and easy to use for common situations like church, poem, holiday videos and photos, cats playing, birthdays and other things like that. I don't know anyone who is using this device as film maker. I thought film makers are using more than 1k€ equipment. Not just 300€ kids camera. And these users do not edit videos they are making food for kids and fastly storing childhool videos.

OP is extremely easy to carry because it is so small and good video quality for casual user.

It is just sad that we have to use simple smartphone because osmo says beep beep beep beep beep when taking photos. It is just too much and people are starting to stare that you that are you seriously beeping 300 pictures?

I don't even understand why people who likes or needs the beep are even in this forum. In my opinion those who needs silent feature should be here telling their opinions and experiences.

OP is device for all people not just "awesome youtube footage". I just hope DJI understands this and makes devices for all of us.

I like the beep in some situations but it is very strange that you can't mute that noise.
2019-2-15
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I didn’t say they shouldn’t make the beep optional. I also want to turn off all the recording lights on cameras. My posting was about dealing with the issue in the same way a pro would.

Oh, there is still time to make dinner.
2019-2-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

TheCameraGuy Posted at 2-15 09:23
I didn’t say they shouldn’t make the beep optional. I also want to turn off all the recording lights on cameras. My posting was about dealing with the issue in the same way a pro would.

Oh, there is still time to make dinner.

Ah

I don't have time edit, job, kids and building own house and garage takes all time. But good opportunity for timelapses.

Sorry bad english..
2019-2-15
Use props
beepbeepboop
New
Hong Kong

The beep is so annoying, especially when recording in quiet places. At the very least would it be possible to make the beep noise quieter/less annoying? As much as I like to announce to everyone in the damn vicinity I am about to record a video, it's not preferred.
2019-2-15
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

yeah...please remove the beep, or at least provide option to turn beep on/off. It is so annoyed. I just bought OP and tested it out inside the house and outdoor. It's loud. It may be ok but for quiet environment, it distracts the others.
2019-2-16
Use props
djiuser_fNVetqPgkAFg
New
United States

I am adding my request to the developers to add the option to silence the beep. I have a video project for my church and the beep will make it much harder for me to place the OP where I want. Why have a small inconspicuous camera that calls attention to itself with three beeps for every recording? So now I will have to shoot one long recording and try to "hide" the beep when there is a other sounds going on. This just adds to the stress of trying to get the right shot.

Please allow us to silence the beeping.
2019-2-16
Use props
WrongwayUK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Please provide the option to silence the beep.  I have resorted to using a different camera quite a few times due to this missing setting.
2019-2-19
Use props
fans4af49e63
lvl.1

Hungary

On the lookout for a compact stabilised solution and I am surprised on this forced beeping and no option to disable by user.
On the other hand not really surprised as same thing happening with the DJI drones - loud beep for drone startup, another for controller startup, not even mentioning the low battery and RTH indicator melodies.
I understand selecting user region at initialisation could take care of forcing permanent beeping or enabling user selection to mute.
2019-2-19
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules