1021 9 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90515 ft
United States

Hi

I am using a Ronin s with my Canon 5D Mkiii and a 16-35 mm Canon lens.
There is an annoying side to side shake in any video I do.

I have the latest firmware updates and the Ronin app says that my balance test results were excellent for Yaw, Roll and Pitch

You will notice a slight side to side shake throughout but more prevalent at the very end.

Thanks
2018-12-22
Use props
fansa605563a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11778 ft
United States

Try Auto Tune under Motor Parametrs  if you havent already.
2018-12-22
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
United States

fansa605563a Posted at 12-22 16:49
Try Auto Tune under Motor Parametrs  if you havent already.

Yes did that already. Did not work. Thanks!
2018-12-22
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1612215 ft
United States

Hi George, having the exact same problem. Makes the Ronin S totally useless at the moment. I've updated firmware, gone through all the settings etc, still the same problem. Have you gotten any feedback or fixed the problem? I'm using the Ronin S with an Panasonic GH-5 and even with the in camera and in lense stabilisation it´s as visible as in your video.
2019-1-21
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
United States

Fjord Pro Posted at 1-21 10:30
Hi George, having the exact same problem. Makes the Ronin S totally useless at the moment. I've updated firmware, gone through all the settings etc, still the same problem. Have you gotten any feedback or fixed the problem? I'm using the Ronin S with an Panasonic GH-5 and even with the in camera and in lense stabilisation it´s as visible as in your video.

Hey Fjord
This was a response I received form one of the DJI moderators: "Well received, for your situation, please try to auto tune and recenter to check the motor parameters. If the gimbal drifts when shooting still, please do system calibration and joysticks calibration to see whether it works".

I checked it a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to have worked after performing the system calibration. I only did a quick checks with a couple of short clips. Honestly I think more testing needs to be done and I have not had the time. But the few short clips seemed to be a lot better.

Good luck.
2019-1-21
Use props
Fjord Pro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1612215 ft
Norway

GeorgeMC Posted at 1-21 19:52
Hey Fjord
This was a response I received form one of the DJI moderators: "Well received, for your situation, please try to auto tune and recenter to check the motor parameters. If the gimbal drifts when shooting still, please do system calibration and joysticks calibration to see whether it works".

Ok, thanks George. I'll try to do the same and se how we go. Thanks again
2019-1-22
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
United States

GeorgeMC Posted at 1-21 19:52
Hey Fjord
This was a response I received form one of the DJI moderators: "Well received, for your situation, please try to auto tune and recenter to check the motor parameters. If the gimbal drifts when shooting still, please do system calibration and joysticks calibration to see whether it works".

Well, after more testing this is still not working properly.

I'm really getting frustrated and am getting to the point of trashing this!

I can do smoother video holding the camera in my hand

This test video was done standing still and not walking. I have all the updates and the balance check was excellent.

I need to resolve this issue. A friend has another gimbel from a competitor that works beautifully. This one is really  giving me issues.

2019-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GeorgeMC Posted at 3-1 14:32
Well, after more testing this is still not working properly.

I'm really getting frustrated and am getting to the point of trashing this!

Hi GeorgeMC, a properly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk. To check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced. Please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182599-1-1.html
2019-3-3
Use props
GeorgeMC
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-3 22:38
Hi GeorgeMC, a properly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk. To check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced. Please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182599-1-1.html

Thanks Mindy I've tried that and all 3 axes are reading excellent. I've contacted support and am thinking this may have to be sent back for service. It has not worked well since I got it. I have always assumed it was just user error but now I'm thinking it's something else. It's almost a year since I purchased it and have tried just about everything at this point.

So far I'm pretty disappointed in it and I hope that it can be resolved to restore my faith in the product.

Thanks
2019-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GeorgeMC Posted at 3-4 06:09
Thanks Mindy I've tried that and all 3 axes are reading excellent. I've contacted support and am thinking this may have to be sent back for service. It has not worked well since I got it. I have always assumed it was just user error but now I'm thinking it's something else. It's almost a year since I purchased it and have tried just about everything at this point.

So far I'm pretty disappointed in it and I hope that it can be resolved to restore my faith in the product.

May I verify more details?
1. Do all the knobs in the gimbal have been locked tightly?
2. Did you mount the camera mounting plate and the lens support properly?
3. Please try to increase the Stiffness value after the Auto Tune to see if it works, thank you.
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules