CANNOT BIND NEW 2.4 CONTROLLER WITH P2 + LIGHTBRIDGE & GOPRO
3044 6 2014-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theblackcatsynd
New

Canada

Hey,

Problem: I cannot bind the new 2.4 controller with my phantom 2 with lightbridge + gopro.

I tried binding it the usual way: Turn on Phantom 2 click small RED LED until flashing, Turn on the controler it turns green, then i press the button one more time but no quick green lights. ( I have done this every way possible )

The phantom is currently blinking yellow. Lightbridge seems to be working fine with the go pro , clear image. Just cant get the controller to link ...

Any help on this ?

2014-11-7
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Are you trying to Bind (Binding the Phantom 2 Vision + and Range Extender)  or are you trying to Link (Linking the Remote Control and Receiver)
Not trying to come off as a know-it-all, I just checked the Linking procedure (p. 19, user manual v1.6) and what you were describing did not read like the correct steps.
Linking Remote and Receiver.png
2014-11-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I hope he has not got a Vision + as that's 5.8 not 2.4ghz.
But I guess the linking process is the same ?
2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

As the phantom 2 has a 2.4GHZ built-in receiver and the lightbridge is also 2.4GHZ, to reduce interference, we can choose to disconnect/remove the phantom's built-in receiver and use the receiver in the lightbridge.Or you can change the phantom's receiver to 5.8GHZ.
To connect the controller to the receiver in lightbridge,  the controller need to have a  traning port connecting to the ground module.
Here is the detaisl:
http://download.dji-innovations. ... Manual_v1.02_en.pdf
2014-11-9
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

As the phantom 2 has a 2.4GHZ built-in receiver and the lightbridge is also 2.4GHZ, to reduce interference, we can choose to disconnect/remove the phantom's built-in receiver and use the receiver in the lightbridge.Or you can change the phantom's receiver to 5.8GHZ.
To connect the controller to the receiver in lightbridge,  the controller need to have a  traning port connecting to the ground module.
Here is the detail:
http://download.dji-innovations. ... Manual_v1.02_en.pdf
2014-11-9
Use props
adrian
New

Canada

Hey guys,

Finally got everything going ... the problem lied between the trainer cable and the controller.
On most set ups you would normally put the end of the trainer cable that split into two end - 1 RED , 1 BLACK into the Light bridge receiver BUT for DJI controller you have to reverse this and plug the splitter end into your controller and the RED end into your LIGHTBRIDGE. its crazy but it worked.
2014-11-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are correct.  This was previously posted in the DJI Forum.  We apologize for the confusion.
2014-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules