MA flying sideways during Litchi mission
3308 9 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

I can't seem to figure out how to set waypoints in Litchi so that my drone doesn't fly sideways as it approaches the next waypoint.  Here's my latest video and though it's pretty good it flew sideways at a few waypoints.  

Screen Shot 2018-12-22 at 5.40.06 PM.png
2018-12-22
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Have you tried changing the path mode to "Straight Lines" in the Settings on the bottom left? I assume you are using the Litchi Hub: https://flylitchi.com/hub
2018-12-22
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

OneDoesNotSimply Posted at 12-22 15:05
Have you tried changing the path mode to "Straight Lines" in the Settings on the bottom left? I assume you are using the Litchi Hub: https://flylitchi.com/hub

Yes the Litchi hub.  I think I tried that but seems like the drone would stop momentarily to change direction so I started setting curves.
2018-12-22
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Christine96 Posted at 12-22 15:15
Yes the Litchi hub.  I think I tried that but seems like the drone would stop momentarily to change direction so I started setting curves.

Ah, gotchya. My only other suggestion is to play around with the Heading Mode in the settings.

Heading Mode: Defines the heading of the aircraft during the mission. Choose between "Toward next Waypoint" ("Auto" on iOS) where the aircraft will point toward the next waypoint, "Initial Direction" ("Initial" on iOS) where the aircraft will keep the heading it has when the mission is started, "User Controlled" ("Manual" on iOS) where you are able to control the heading of the aircraft during the mission using the left joystick left/right (mode 2) or "Waypoint Defined" ("Custom" on iOS) where the aircraft will use the heading defined at each waypoint. Using "Waypoint Defined" ("Custom" on iOS) also means that the aircraft will smoothly transition from one waypoint's heading to the next.
2018-12-22
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I'm new to Litchi and experiencing the same thing.  What is happening, I presume. is this:  the drone is anticipating where it is told to be pointing at the next waypoint and smoothly turning in that direction.

I'm getting around this by adding more waypoints between my existing waypoints, thereby adding more finite instructions for the drone to perform.

But again, I'm am certainly no expert, but @dirtybird is, he could probably explain this much better.

2018-12-27
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Bluehook Posted at 12-27 10:52
I'm new to Litchi and experiencing the same thing.  What is happening, I presume. is this:  the drone is anticipating where it is told to be pointing at the next waypoint and smoothly turning in that direction.

I'm getting around this by adding more waypoints between my existing waypoints, thereby adding more finite instructions for the drone to perform.

I started using TNW and now I don't have that problem anymore.  It keeps the nose pointed forward and when it goes around a curve the nose follows the curve.  
2018-12-27
Use props
jimmylee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bluehook Posted at 12-27 10:52

Yes that is exactly what is happening.
Just add more waypoints so it does not turn till the last moment.
2018-12-27
Use props
Zigenbock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 189341 ft
United States

You can also add some POI and have the drone point to them so that it move smoothly between waypoints.  
2018-12-27
Use props
Albermen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39196 ft
Australia

By adding more waypoint, it will reduce sideways when it turn?
2019-1-4
Use props
quaddron3
lvl.2

Canada

Play around with Heading Mode in the global mission setting.

If you have to, do User Controlled heading mode, and manually set the drone direction to look in the direction of flight to the next waypoint. Then once the drone reaches that waypoint it will rotate before flying to the next waypoint, etc.
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules