Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is Ronin s compatible with a Sony
9642 16 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfoot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11873 ft
New Zealand

Just purchased a dji ronin s   I assumed cos they had a Sony on the advertising it was compatible with a Sony , I spent two hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get my Sony a7r3 to work until I found a forum, I'm highly disappointed even after there's been months of complaints about Ronin s not being compatible with the Sony  and RSS-IR Control Cable to the RSS port on the gimbal is is a insulate to Sony owners I wouldn't even call that a low-tech workaround as it's totally unreliable unless you tape it to the camera with only partial functions as a business owner I'm fully aware of how easy it is to lose trust from customers and shipping out a product known that there was a fault with the product and not providing a solution when you have one is just an insult, I guess to get any use out of my new gimbal I'll have to buy a new cable ,my loyalty towards dji is at a low
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi rfoot, sorry for the unpleasant experience, with the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, it is recommended to use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Besides the RSS-IR cable, we have Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi) for sale in our online store, with this, Ronin-S Camera Control Button can be used to control the shutter, autofocus, and recording process. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-27
Use props
Hex
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 02:05
Hi rfoot, sorry for the unpleasant experience, with the RSS-IR cable, please point the infrared light to the camera's receiver vertically, the distance should be 1-3cm, it is recommended to use the small hook and loop strap to secure the RSS-IR control cable to the gimbal.
Besides the RSS-IR cable, we have Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi) for sale in our online store, with this, Ronin-S Camera Control Button can be used to control the shutter, autofocus, and recording process. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hey Mindy,

I have the control cable.  Everything works great except the focus wheel...  It attempts to control digital zoom, not focus.  Is there any chance that we'll be able to pull focus using the wheel sometime soon?
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hex Posted at 12-28 23:54
Hey Mindy,

I have the control cable.  Everything works great except the focus wheel...  It attempts to control digital zoom, not focus.  Is there any chance that we'll be able to pull focus using the wheel sometime soon?

Hi Hex, for Sony series cameras, the pulling focus is still not available, the Focus Wheel can only be used to control the zoom, please check the details in the compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-30
Use props
chilledinlife
lvl.1
India

When can we expect to see the focus pull feature for the Sony cameras Mindy?
2019-1-1
Use props
fans4a0ff7c1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84833475 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-30 01:46
Hi Hex, for Sony series cameras, the pulling focus is still not available, the Focus Wheel can only be used to control the zoom, please check the details in the compatible list: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

RONIN advertised to properly integrate with SONY mirrorless cameras. Why is this feature only working with Canons? The IR solution is NOT reliable and we need focus pulling. What is the current schedule for addressing fixing firmware to work with SONY control cable as advertised.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4a0ff7c1 Posted at 1-26 00:42
RONIN advertised to properly integrate with SONY mirrorless cameras. Why is this feature only working with Canons? The IR solution is NOT reliable and we need focus pulling. What is the current schedule for addressing fixing firmware to work with SONY control cable as advertised.

Hi there, we have released Multi-Camera Control Cable which can be used to control the shutter, autofocus, and recording process with Sony cameras, but not the pulling focus function because the functional limitation of the Sony cameras doesn't support to pull the focus with the Multi-USB cable protocol. At present, the Focus Motor has been released, and it can be used to control the focus and zoom function of the camera. Thank you for your attention and support.
2019-1-28
Use props
Winnetou1956
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-27 02:05
Besides the RSS-IR cable, we have Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi) for sale in our online store, with this, Ronin-S Camera Control Button can be used to control the shutter, autofocus, and recording process. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Mindy, can i use the MCC cable to connect my Sony RX10 iv and my Sony A7 to my Ronin-S?
2019-1-30
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Why this cable was not included in the box right away?
2019-2-16
Use props
Regular Guy
New
Myanmar

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-28 00:25
Hi there, we have released Multi-Camera Control Cable which can be used to control the shutter, autofocus, and recording process with Sony cameras, but not the pulling focus function because the functional limitation of the Sony cameras doesn't support to pull the focus with the Multi-USB cable protocol. At present, the Focus Motor has been released, and it can be used to control the focus and zoom function of the camera. Thank you for your attention and support.

Can i swap the useless focus puller in my Ronin S with the focus puller you're mentioning? Why was this not included in the box?
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Winnetou1956 Posted at 1-30 06:23
Hi Mindy, can i use the MCC cable to connect my Sony RX10 iv and my Sony A7 to my Ronin-S?

Hi there, sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year. Sony RX10 iv and Sony A7 are not in our compatible list at the moment, for the A7 series, we are developing USB shutter control, please note the future update, please check more details of which cable should be used here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kanaye Shogun Posted at 2-16 07:53
Why this cable was not included in the box right away?

Hi Kanaye, the Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, the MCC-Multi cable will need to be purchased separately. Appreciate your understanding.
2019-2-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Regular Guy Posted at 2-19 03:01
Can i swap the useless focus puller in my Ronin S with the focus puller you're mentioning? Why was this not included in the box?

Sorry that this is not possible, Focus Wheel comes with the Ronin-S, Focus Motor was released later separately to be used with the Ronin-S Focus Wheel to control the focus, iris, and zoom. They cannot be swapped, sorry for the inconvenience.
2019-2-20
Use props
ItsTheLoafMan
New
United States

I just saw a video of the Sony A7R III pulling focus by the focus wheel on the Ronin S. Is this real life?!
2019-3-12
Use props
TioRi
lvl.2

Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-20 01:02
Hi there, sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year. Sony RX10 iv and Sony A7 are not in our compatible list at the moment, for the A7 series, we are developing USB shutter control, please note the future update, please check more details of which cable should be used here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf

Please add Sony Rx10 IV  its such a perfect camera
2019-7-18
Use props
djiuser_1pPWZw13NxMx
lvl.1
United States

My Ronin SC connected fine with the my Sony 6500. I got a green light on the focus wheel which controlled the zoom. But now it has stopped working. I just keep getting a red blinking light. Wha do I do. I have tried rebooting the camera and unplugging the cable.
2020-7-28
Use props
djiuser_qjcyEdV48A0B
New

Switzerland

Hi!
Sony RX10 M2 Supports or not with ronin s?
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules