DJI Mimo doesn't recognise it's own 4k videos
5802 11 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155292 ft
Portugal

Using a computer I've managed to import the 4k videos created by my Osmo Pocket into an iPhone 7, however DJI Mimo dosen't seem to recognise them.

I can play them in the photos app, but when I try to see them in DJI Mimo they don't apear there at all.
I can see and edit 4k videos created by the iPhone or by a Mavic Pro just not the ones created by the Osmo pocket.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there.  The DJI Mimo can download 4K 60fps video to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums do not support 4K 60fps videos, the album will check the video’s resolution and frame rate when users are saving a video to the album, and the iPhone will reject the video. As a result, the Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone. Thanks.
2018-12-23
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 10:42
Hi there.  The DJI Mimo can download 4K 60fps video to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums do not support 4K 60fps videos, the album will check the video’s resolution and frame rate when users are saving a video to the album, and the iPhone will reject the video. As a result, the Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone. Thanks.

Hello Natalia.

That's not the issue, I already have the videos in my iPhone. (Imported trough iCloud Photo Library)
The iPhone didn't reject them, I can play them in in the photos app.

It's only in DJI Mimo app that the videos don't apear, and this seems to happen both with 4k 30/fps and 60fps.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The_Pedro Posted at 12-23 10:57
Hello Natalia.

That's not the issue, I already have the videos in my iPhone. (Imported trough iCloud Photo Library)

Hi, thanks for the quick response. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app? Thanks.
2018-12-23
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 11:22
Hi, thanks for the quick response. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app? Thanks.

No problem, Thank you for the quick reply as well.

I reinstalled the app and nothing changed... so I dug a little deeper.
It appears the videos are in the DJI MIMO app but they appear out of order... instead of appearing as the most recent ones they apear lost in the middle of older videos.

When I clicked on one, I received a warning to download it first to the device.
I did it and it still appears out of order but now I can play it.

Unfortunately if I try to use it in the stories mode, I get a message saying I can't edit 4k.
Is the stories mode 1080p only?
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The_Pedro Posted at 12-23 11:52
No problem, Thank you for the quick reply as well.

I reinstalled the app and nothing changed... so I dug a little deeper.

Regarding about story mode, I will forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-23
Use props
The_Pedro
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 15:35
Regarding about story mode, I will forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding.

No problem, thank you anyway!
2018-12-23
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 10:42

Please specify which version of Mimo you are referring to that can import any 4K clip to an iPhone 7 via the app. FYI, the current version in App Store is v1.0.0 which should be the one everyone in public using.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

The_Pedro Posted at 12-23 17:42
No problem, thank you anyway!

Hi Pedro. I already have the update from our R&D department. As of the moment, Story mode temporarily use 1080P 30fps. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PiteousPlayer Posted at 12-24 00:59
Please specify which version of Mimo you are referring to that can import any 4K clip to an iPhone 7 via the app. FYI, the current version in App Store is v1.0.0 which should be the one everyone in public using.

At present, the iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video. Regarding for the iPhone 7, I will double check it first. Thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-24 11:12
At present, the iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video. Regarding for the iPhone 7, I will double check it first. Thank you.

Appreciate the specifics. In the meantime, I found it odd that I can airdrop the 4k 30fps to my iPhone 7 from my Mac after copying the clip to the Mac directly off the SD card.

Any IT experts can explain why it was constrained by an app? ...because it is obviously not a hardware limitation.

By the way, the quality of the 4K clip recorded using the dji is stunningly well.
2018-12-27
Use props
kensarov
lvl.1
Russia

Hello. Can’t export my created clip in 4K using pro in DJI Mimo on iPhone X, it has only 720 and 1080 options.
2021-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules