Osmo Pocket not accessible in mimo
13775 21 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pee15jay
lvl.2

Germany

Was playing around with my newly recieved osmo pocket. It was perfectly fine up until tonight when I tried to connect my osmo to the phone and launch my mimo app, the app doesnt serm to recognize my osmo pocket. The funny thing is my google pixel 2 xl is being charged by the mimo so the phone seems to recognized the mimo.

Contemplating on wether to return my osmo pocket if this is the case.
2018-12-23
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hey! I had a similar issue with my Osmo Pocket when I first got it. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S9 but hopefully it will work out for you:

1. Check USB-configuration when the Osmo Pocket is connected. (When I first connected it just said "Charging"). In order for the Osmo Pocket to connect properly the USB-configuration should be set to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

2. If your phone just says "Charging" when connected to Osmo Pocket. Try manually setting to MTP in the Developer Settings on your phone.

Hope it works out for you!
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi pee15jay, when the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA), please refer to skyhighmedia's suggestion to have a try to see if it works.
2018-12-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-23 15:12
Hey! I had a similar issue with my Osmo Pocket when I first got it. I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S9 but hopefully it will work out for you:

1. Check USB-configuration when the Osmo Pocket is connected. (When I first connected it just said "Charging"). In order for the Osmo Pocket to connect properly the USB-configuration should be set to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

Hi Skyhighmedia.
I've found that if you press 'Cancel' instead when you get the 'Charge / Accept' box, the box disappears and you get connected to the Mimo app straight away.  I'm running a Huawei 8 Pro Lite 2017 with micro USB connector.
2018-12-25
Use props
fansc73b51d9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21768 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-24 23:15
Hi pee15jay, when the Osmo Pocket is connected to an Android phone by connecting the smartphone adapter, the Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA), please refer to skyhighmedia's suggestion to have a try to see if it works.

Hi, I am getting the same issue but on an iphone.... is there a different procedure to do as compared to the android phones?
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansc73b51d9 Posted at 1-1 04:02
Hi, I am getting the same issue but on an iphone.... is there a different procedure to do as compared to the android phones?

Hi there, iPhone will not be charged when connecting to Osmo Pocket, what is your system language? Do you have another phone to have a test just to verify if there is any problem with the lightning adapter? Thank you.
2019-1-1
Use props
cruzinsouth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237887 ft
United States

Quick question, are you on WiFi when this happens or your mobile network?
2019-1-3
Use props
Seanyappleseed
New
Malaysia

I have this same issue, also have an Osmo Pocket and a Pixel 2 XL. Anytime I try to connect the phone to the Osmo the app does not recognize it although my phone does see it as I get a charging notification.

Would really appreciate a fix to this glitch  (tried to use the online chat support, but the person on the other end (Juan) could not help and I haven't heard back from DJI in two days regarding this ongoing issue).
2019-1-4
Use props
fansf797bc14
lvl.1
Belize

I am experiencing the same issue with my Pixel 2 XL and Osmo Pocket. The phone is charging but the app does not recognize the device. I've tried to manually set the MTP setting but am unable to do so. Can someone please post a clear description on how to manually make the changes? @DJI can you please fix this bug? Thank you all
2019-1-11
Use props
fansf797bc14
lvl.1
Colombia

Has anyone here managed to fix this?
2019-1-22
Use props
fansf797bc14
lvl.1
Colombia

skyhighmedia Posted at 2018-12-23 15:12

Would you be able to provide instructions for the manual MTP setting on the pixel 2 XL?
2019-1-22
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

fansf797bc14 Posted at 1-22 15:10
Would you be able to provide instructions for the manual MTP setting on the pixel 2 XL?

See if this thread from another forum: https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums.androidcentral.com/android-7-0-nougat/708754-solved-where-mtp-so-i-can-turn.html%3famp

I have no experience with the Pixel phones.
2019-1-23
Use props
Marat_Shakirov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4462 ft
Russia

I used my Osmo Pocket with Nokia 8
After update to Android 9 my phone don't see device. After connection OP just charging mobile phone.
2019-2-25
Use props
CBrownell
lvl.1

United States

Ok... got my Osmo Pocket two days ago.  All working fine with Galaxy Note 8... today Note 8 doesn't recognize the Osmo... did anyone get a "clear" answer on how to fix this?
2019-5-26
Use props
Kistaki
New

Argentina

Same issue with Osmo Pocket and Pocophone F1
2019-6-20
Use props
fans36036b67
New

United States

I met the same problem this week, but with my iphone. it showed charging, but mimo app wont show up, and even I opened mimo app, it couldn't connect my pocket.  
I read the comments below, and tried "turn off wifi", and all problems gone. my pocket work with iphone again.
2019-7-9
Use props
Paul Cianciaruso
lvl.1
United States

Having the same problem all of a sudden with my Pixel 2XL. Get charging notification but no connection to Mimo app. Did anyone ever figure it out? DJI support has been pretty useless thus far.
2019-7-12
Use props
djiuser_iabFPZ8QEUgN
New

Canada

CBrownell Posted at 5-26 12:38
Ok... got my Osmo Pocket two days ago.  All working fine with Galaxy Note 8... today Note 8 doesn't recognize the Osmo... did anyone get a "clear" answer on how to fix this?

Hi have you had any luck with this issue?
2019-8-31
Use props
fansd4f1171e
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi, suddenly my iPhone goes in charging mode when I connect the Osmo Pocket. Shut down WiFi but the problem stays. Any suggestions?
2019-12-2
Use props
djiuser_SCWEeVGpjoW7
New
Brazil

Same here with iPhone 8. I was connecting fine before the last firmware update. It is connecting right through wireless though.
2019-12-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Read through this thread:

Osmo Pocket unable to connect to IPHONE
2019-12-4
Use props
Santicyan
lvl.1
Spain

Hello ... I have a problem connecting my pocket 2 with my iPhone X with iOS 14.3 version and with the DJI mimo app, with my wife's iPhone iPhone 8 with iOS 14.2 I have no problems ... you know of a solution
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules