Spark durability - minor crash
1654 8 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JS1500
lvl.1
United States

I got a Spark a few days ago and I've been flying it a ton. I got a little cocky and I was zooming around in sport mode. I got close to a small tree (when I was just hovering around it actually), and a rotor got caught in a branch and my spark fell a few feet and landed in the grass. One of the rotors had snapped off, so I replaced it with a new one. After flying it again everything seems to be fine, but it still worries me that something could have gotten messed up. What else should I check on my drone? Are these pretty resilient to small crashes like this?
2018-12-23
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I just got my spark for an early Christmas present but After a crash some people  calibrate the IMU. If it flies good, it should be good to go.
2018-12-23
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I just got my spark for an early Christmas present but After a crash some people  calibrate the IMU. If it flies good, it should be good to go.
2018-12-23
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

The Spark is a very tough bird. It often survives crashes without taking any damage. Replace the damages propeller, then let Sparky hover for 20 sec or so. If it keeps position and heading, everything is fine.
If not, you can try recalibrating compass and IMU.

Cheers & merry christmas everyone,
Wolferl
2018-12-24
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Damage is unlikely. I have crashed from over 100 feet up, but I have flown it for at least 15 flights since then and have had absolutely no trouble, even in relatively rough conditions. If it flies normally, you can be 99.9% sure that there is no internal damage.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the mishap that happens to your drone. The warranty of the aircraft might be voided if we fix the broken parts on our end. If things get hard to fix on your end, please check our recommended repair service for them to help you fix the drone. Kindly refer to the link below. Thank you for continued support and have a safe flight.

https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-12-25
Use props
Mattburke586
New

United States

My Battery come off in mid flight, and fell to ground !  I'm very disappointed !   
2018-12-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

That tiny little drone is tough, just replace the broken the props and check if there is crack on the body. Then calibrate it and it should be fine to fly again  
2018-12-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Btw welcome to the forum and happy holidays JS 1500!
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules