Current iPad 9.7
1276 16 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1cmathis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1007 ft
United States

Okay, I've read all the iPad 9.7 references in the forums, but I'm confused. Some refer to the "iPad Pro 9.7". I don't see that Apple makes a "Pro 9.7". Am I missing something?

My question is, is anyone using the iPad 9.7 (currently on Apple's web site) with the Mavic 2 Pro?
2018-12-24
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-24
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a 2017 model of the iPad 9.7 wireless ( not cellular ) for both my P4Pro and Inspire......if that info does you any good.....

Randy
2018-12-24
Use props
1cmathis
lvl.3
United States

Thanks guys.

And is it true that the the cellular model iPad is better if I want to do Active Track and have it follow me?
2018-12-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

1cmathis Posted at 12-24 09:21
Thanks guys.

And is it true that the the cellular model iPad is better if I want to do Active Track and have it follow me?

Purchasing the iPad with cellular Wi-Fi,  (if you have the extra cash to spend) is always a better choice because it includes a GPS and barometer with the device. These are good if you plan on using the remote for the RTH feature, (on a boat or car that is moving). But this will not make any difference with Active track or follow me because these features are based on the camera and sensors in the Mavic

Rich
2018-12-24
Use props
1cmathis
lvl.3
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 12-24 09:46
Purchasing the iPad with cellular Wi-Fi,  (if you have the extra cash to spend) is always a better choice because it includes a GPS and barometer with the device. These are good if you plan on using the remote for the RTH feature, (on a boat or car that is moving). But this will not make any difference with Active track or follow me because these features are based on the camera and sensors in the Mavic

Rich

I thought having GPS was better for Active Track (more accurate/faster)?
2018-12-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's what i'm using.
2018-12-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

1cmathis Posted at 12-24 10:13

Actually based on what I have experienced no GPS on your person is the answer.... its all done in the drone. Please check out this video for some additional info.  

All the best
Rich

2018-12-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

1cmathis Posted at 12-24 10:13

Active Track does not use GPS for tracking objects.  It is a vision based system.

Having GPS in your phone/tablet only allows you to be able to see where you are located on the map as well as give you the option to be able to set the home point to your current location.  If your phone/tablet does not have GPS, everything else will work fine except for these two items.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If you're planning to use the device with our Mavic 2 Pro, we would recommend using mobile devices that have been tested by our engineers to ensure the stabilization of the app while flying the drone. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for the support.

2018-12-24
Use props
1cmathis
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-24 14:26
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. If you're planning to use the device with our Mavic 2 Pro, we would recommend using mobile devices that have been tested by our engineers to ensure the stabilization of the app while flying the drone. You may refer to the image below. Thank you for the support.

[view_image]

According to your image, any iPad is acceptable, as long as it's running iOS 9 or above?
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

1cmathis Posted at 12-24 14:45
According to your image, any iPad is acceptable, as long as it's running iOS 9 or above?

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. You could use the specific mobile device that has been tested by our team to ensure the stabilization of the app while using it. It would be better if the software of the device is up to date as well. However, the devices on the image above are only recommendation, you could still use your preferred device but I'm afraid that we couldn't be guaranteed the performance of our application since the device hasn't been tested in any case that we will be using a different device. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-25
Use props
MountainManJeep
lvl.1

United States

Apple made an iPad Pro 9.7 for right at two years (2016-mid 2017). It is very confusing, as I have one (model A1673)  and it is harder to find cases for now. It is Apple’s game though, like other developers so you have to keep buying the latest and greatest. Mine works great with my Mavic 2 Pro. Or at least the 12 flights so far. Just the sun glare as with all devices like this.
2018-12-26
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

@1cmathis, you can find a list of commonly used Apple devices here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)

The devices marked with green dots are the only devices DJI supports. As DJI Tony mentioned above though, that doesn't mean other devices won't work. To get the best performance out of an Apple device, set it up like this:

Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)
2018-12-26
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

1cmathis Posted at 12-24 14:45

No, not every iPad works with DJI go.
On some the app won’t even install.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-26
Use props
1cmathis
lvl.3
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-26 18:43
No, not every iPad works with DJI go.
On some the app won’t even install.

I know. I was being factious. DJI doesn't really know what it works on, yet they give a list. More correctly, a canned response. Haha
2018-12-26
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules