5646 18 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohanRC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213327 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I just got my Osmo pocket, after getting a Mavic Air I expected a great experiance.
Unfortunatly this is not the case for the Osmo pocket, it feels to early to be released.

When connecting with my phone my Osmo keeps disconnecting and working with the app is not functional.

In the meanwhile I have found that putting my phone to airplane mode works for now.
But this should be the case I think.

My phone is a Samsung Note 9

It's not a hardware problem (because it works in airplane mode) please solve this problem asap.

Greetz Johan
2018-12-25
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Mine was doing the same thing, DJI told me my S8 was not supported so I sent it back for a refund
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day JohanRC. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your Samsung Note 9 to your DJI Osmo Pocket. Have you tried using a different mobile device? Upon checking the list of recommended mobilde device for the DJI Osmo Pocket the Samsung Note 9 is not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket. It might not be able to make all of the functions and optimize the use of the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2018-12-25
Use props
JohanRC
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for you're reply!

I feel like that we are all beta testers for a product that's not market ready but rushed before the holidays.......
(While paying a premium price hurts....)

On the DJI website (Osmo product site) its not clearly shown that almost no android devices are supported.
(Here only some unknown rare phones)

And while browsing the forum I see that also quite a lot of iPhones have this issue.
Can you tell me when we can receive a update so that our well payed product becomes fully functional as promised?

Best regards
Joan

2018-12-25
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

Have you got a case on your phone? I had the same problem, it was the case stopping a proper connection.
2018-12-26
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to interrupt the OPs thread, but mine had no case. I noticed that the battery state seemed to play a roll in this, I.e if the phone was low the disscons were frequent, if the battery was higher than 70% it seems less, saying all that it was still often enough to ruin recordings! I know others have issues with the Osmo charging phones but DJI say this is an issue with the Android OS and can not be changed.

The reason I sent mine back is simple, as said already DJI should have this sorted before it hits the market, it's about time that DJI pull things together and get these issues fixed. For a multi million dollar company it's very poor.
2018-12-26
Use props
JohanRC
lvl.1
Netherlands

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-26 01:50
Have you got a case on your phone? I had the same problem, it was the case stopping a proper connection.

Nope no case here (it will not fit with a case)
2018-12-26
Use props
JohanRC
lvl.1
Netherlands

arthurbikemad Posted at 12-26 02:37
Sorry to interrupt the OPs thread, but mine had no case. I noticed that the battery state seemed to play a roll in this, I.e if the phone was low the disscons were frequent, if the battery was higher than 70% it seems less, saying all that it was still often enough to ruin recordings! I know others have issues with the Osmo charging phones but DJI say this is an issue with the Android OS and can not be changed.

The reason I sent mine back is simple, as said already DJI should have this sorted before it hits the market, it's about time that DJI pull things together and get these issues fixed. For a multi million dollar company it's very poor.

For mine (untill now) it does not seem to be battery related.

In airplane modus it works perfectly no problems whatsoever.
But not using airplane mode disconnects hapen instantly and the app becomes completely useless.
And I agree 100% DJI should have fixed this issue before going to market!
2018-12-26
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohanRC Posted at 12-26 04:38
For mine (untill now) it does not seem to be battery related.

In airplane modus it works perfectly no problems whatsoever.

This is really a really remote possibility, and my use of Android devices is limited to flying some off-market quad copters.  (Not DJI).  Anyhow, when given the option to save data to the device and the device is set to save/auto backup to a cloud account there is sometimes a communication interruption that causes a disconnect signal of some sort.  This was pointed out to me in another forum on quads.  I was directed to stop the auto connect feature and my problem went away.  Again this might be really obscure and won't necessarily work, but if you're more familiar with Android settings, you might look for something like this that would interfere.
2018-12-26
Use props
sgc
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-25 09:47
Hello and good day JohanRC. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your Samsung Note 9 to your DJI Osmo Pocket. Have you tried using a different mobile device? Upon checking the list of recommended mobilde device for the DJI Osmo Pocket the Samsung Note 9 is not yet recommended for your DJI Osmo Pocket. It might not be able to make all of the functions and optimize the use of the DJI Mimo application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

[view_image]

I have exactly the same problem with iPhone Xs which is on the supported device list! The app keeps disconnecting very often (ones or twice in every minute). It seems that airplane mode helps, but... This is ridiculous! AFC mode is useless, funny tricks should be applied to keep the phone connected, what will be the next?  
2018-12-26
Use props
fans60ebd9a4
lvl.3
Poland

there is another thread related to this topic. check osmo pocket forum. From my perspective osmo pocket is dangerous for usb-c socket especially if you try to hold both devices and manipulate on screen with your left hand. the whole weight of the phone is transferred on usb socket. I think that it is not related to phones listed as supported or galaxy s8+ (I use this phone) or Note9. I don;t know if iphone's connector is more safe . For a now I stopped to use phone with osmo pocket
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

This error also occurs due to the force of the phone pulling down on the DJI Smartphone Adapter. To counteract this, i hold by the phone or use a joby like the one linked to allow the force to be evenly distributed. I will be making a ideal vlog setup video soon.

https://www.amazon.com/JOBY-Grip ... ds=joby+phone+mount

2018-12-26
Use props
zChKHTdQjzc9
New
United States

I have also have the Note 9. After hours of troubleshooting, I discovered that I can get the Osmo Pocket to work perfectly... With ONE VERY SIGNIFICANT exception. The display is inverted. IE everything displayed is upside down. Everything I have tried does not work. If I plug the Osmo into the USB C where it is upright... Nothing but problems. Plug it in up side down. Everything is fine... Except it is all inverted... Come on DJI, I now own the Mavic Pro, the Mavic 2 Pro and the the osmo pocket. PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES. I seriously have a love hate relationship with this company.
2018-12-28
Use props
AZInsight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14787 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a similar issue. It appears that there is excessive "play" in the USB C adapter that slides into the camera. If you apply a little force vertically on it it will move around, and in my case and disconnect from the phone (Galaxy S9+). The DJI response about not being compatible with certain phone (not Chinese) does not seem to be the issue, but rather excessive tollerances in the design and manufacture of the adapter system (IMHO). THe fact they say they don't support Samsung phones is  a weak response for inadequate engineering. It simply was not ready to to be introduced to the market (poor engineering or poor manufacturing).
2019-1-2
Use props
cruzinsouth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237887 ft
United States

Quick question, are you on WiFi when this happens or your mobile network?
2019-1-3
Use props
bastienvans
New
Spain

I am having the issue as well. Brand new Osmo Pocket with 1 year old Samsung S8+. I have tried wifi on/off, airplane mode on/off. There is a little play in the usb-c connector and applying slight pressure will disconnect it.
2019-1-3
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 2018-12-26 01:50
Have you got a case on your phone? I had the same problem, it was the case stopping a proper connection.

Ditto for me.I just use my phone to set up my Pocket in pro mode then disconnect.Once I can find a reliable phone mount I might leave my phone connected.
2019-1-3
Use props
msaithan
New
Saudi Arabia

zChKHTdQjzc9 Posted at 2018-12-28 18:44
I have also have the Note 9. After hours of troubleshooting, I discovered that I can get the Osmo Pocket to work perfectly... With ONE VERY SIGNIFICANT exception. The display is inverted. IE everything displayed is upside down. Everything I have tried does not work. If I plug the Osmo into the USB C where it is upright... Nothing but problems. Plug it in up side down. Everything is fine... Except it is all inverted... Come on DJI, I now own the Mavic Pro, the Mavic 2 Pro and the the osmo pocket. PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES. I seriously have a love hate relationship with this company.

I have the same issue it's very strange I have to flip the camera but everything will be upside down
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_AWK1elrlyU6V
New

United Kingdom

I have an osmo pocket connected to my Motorola G(9) phone and was having disconnection issues. Putting the phone into 'airplane' mode solved all the problems !!
2021-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules