4305 26 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

This was completely my fault, i know. I was so excited to open the osmo pocket packaging that i actually lost the adapters for the phone. Is there any other way to activate the osmo pocket?
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

Connect your phone through the lower connector with the cable of your own phone
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-25 07:47

I tried, the osmo blinked green twice, but did nothing. Im at a complete loss right now, I cant believe such a small mistake would cause me huge regret.
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-25 07:47

At this point, im just looking for a way to activate it without plugging it in.
2018-12-25
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

ManOfSand Posted at 12-25 08:52
I tried, the osmo blinked green twice, but did nothing. Im at a complete loss right now, I cant believe such a small mistake would cause me huge regret.

Yes, it blinks when you connect but you still have to turn the Osmo Pocket on after you plug it to your phone.
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-25 09:03
Yes, it blinks when you connect but you still have to turn the Osmo Pocket on after you plug it to your phone.

Yes, I had it turned on, do I configure it normally as if I had the adapter? I already tried activating it with the setting for the adapter and it did nothing.
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

I suppose you have installed the DJI MIMO application.
What make and model of phone do you have?
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-25 10:04
I suppose you have installed the DJI MIMO application.
What make and model of phone do you have?

Galaxy S9, and yes, I have installed the app.
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

Does a firmware update message come up when you connect it?
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-25 10:12
Does a firmware update message come up when you connect it?

No, it just shows nothing. Its like its not even connected.
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

check if when connecting it to the phone it is put in charge mode, it activates if you can transfer file mode
2018-12-25
Use props
sixthday
lvl.2
United States

No. Without the adapter, you are out of luck. The USB port under the camera wont work, it will NOT let you activate or firmware update. Many previous posts already mentioned that. The only way you can activate it is to find a another adapter or find a iPhone (assuming you still have the iPhone adapter).  Be aware, without the adapter, you still wont be able to do some setting because many can only be done through the phone. For example, if you want to shot with 4L/24p superfine, you are out of luck without the adapter because you wont be able to enter that mode through the camera
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

sixthday Posted at 12-25 10:51
No. Without the adapter, you are out of luck. The USB port under the camera wont work, it will NOT let you activate or firmware update. Many previous posts already mentioned that. The only way you can activate it is to find a another adapter or find a iPhone (assuming you still have the iPhone adapter).  Be aware, without the adapter, you still wont be able to do some setting because many can only be done through the phone. For example, if you want to shot with 4L/24p superfine, you are out of luck without the adapter because you wont be able to enter that mode through the camera

I have activated my android phone with microusb connector without any problem through the lower USB C port without any problem (with an adapter)you just have to leave the lid on the top connector
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ManOfSand. I am sorry to know about the situation and what happened to the adapters of the DJI Osmo Pocket. I highly recommend contacting DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support for further help about the lost item. Thank you.
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-25 11:11
I have activated my android phone with microusb connector without any problem through the lower USB C port without any problem (with an adapter)you just have to leave the lid on the top connector

ill try doing what you say. When you connect it and select file transfer, what do you do next?
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

ManOfSand Posted at 12-25 11:51
ill try doing what you say. When you connect it and select file transfer, what do you do next?

try again to see if this connects
2018-12-25
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

sixthday Posted at 12-25 10:51
No. Without the adapter, you are out of luck. The USB port under the camera wont work, it will NOT let you activate or firmware update. Many previous posts already mentioned that. The only way you can activate it is to find a another adapter or find a iPhone (assuming you still have the iPhone adapter).  Be aware, without the adapter, you still wont be able to do some setting because many can only be done through the phone. For example, if you want to shot with 4L/24p superfine, you are out of luck without the adapter because you wont be able to enter that mode through the camera

I can access pro mode using a USB-C to lightning cable from the bottom port to my iPhone XS Max.  
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-25 11:58
try again to see if this connects

Ah drat. Every time I try to switch it to file transfer, it just goes back to charging it immediately.
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

ManOfSand Posted at 12-25 12:30
Ah drat. Every time I try to switch it to file transfer, it just goes back to charging it immediately.

could you try another cable?
It could be that it was defective ...
I can not think of anything else..
2018-12-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-25 11:11
I have activated my android phone with microusb connector without any problem through the lower USB C port without any problem (with an adapter)you just have to leave the lid on the top connector

Correct..  works fine from the bottom port with one exception.  If -somehow- you've got a non-OTG (aka power only, no data) USB-C cable.  
2018-12-25
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

I wanna know how the "F" did you lose your adapter???
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 12-25 13:17
Correct..  works fine from the bottom port with one exception.  If -somehow- you've got a non-OTG (aka power only, no data) USB-C cable.

Im trying, but it just dosent connect, but rather my phone attempts to charge it. Should I try using an older phone? The reason why my phone is trying to charge the osmo rather than connect is because it is one of the "smart features" on my phone. Should I use an older phone that only connects to it rather than charge it?
2018-12-25
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 12-25 14:59
I wanna know how the "F" did you lose your adapter???

lmao, sure. I was really excited to open this thing, I mean REALLY. So excited, that as a matter of fact, the adapter just flew out into the abyss of my home.
2018-12-25
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

ManOfSand Posted at 12-25 12:30

Instead of switching to file transfer, try canceling the connection. My app comes up immediately after I cancel the charging request if the Pocket is switched on.  If I try file transfer it comes out of the app. I'm using a Huawei P8 Lite 2017.
2018-12-25
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
Vietnam

The backside of the phone adaptors has a shorting plate that shorts the 4 leftmost contacts on the OP when the adaptor is facing out. I have a hunch that if those 4 contacts were shorted together, the usb-c port could then be used to activate the device. I have not tried this though. Good luck!
2018-12-25
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

ManOfSand Posted at 12-25 15:16
lmao, sure. I was really excited to open this thing, I mean REALLY. So excited, that as a matter of fact, the adapter just flew out into the abyss of my home.

Check your pet's stool tomorrow and you might get lucky.
2018-12-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 12-25 16:16
Check your pet's stool tomorrow and you might get lucky.

And if it's there, the good news is ... it's in a little baggie.  :-)
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules