How to read flight logs Spark
4963 7 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NCXRokNslVsT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 163619 ft
United States

I know how to download / upload the files.
I have done this via cabeling to PC and using the DJI Assitant 2, as well as via removing and using the SD card to just transfer the files into a directory.
What I want to do is open and view / read the file information.
Equipment:
PC Windows 10
Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android 5.0.1
DJI Assitant 2

So... files are already downloaded, I just want to review the DATA.
2018-12-25
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

search the forum, there are even stand alone applications
2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_NCXRokNslVsT
lvl.3
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 12-25 12:19
search the forum, there are even stand alone applications

I did, before posting. I must not be using the correct syntax. Would you be kind enough to give me an idea of the wording that produced results?
2018-12-25
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

You can try uploading it to this site:

https://app.airdata.com/main?a=upload

Or you could try downloading CsvView. Seach for it in google. it's a stand alone program but a bit harder to understand than the first option.
2018-12-25
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of commonly used log viewers here.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We would like to know what specific reason why you need to review your flight log? Did your drone experience any type of incident? Please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-26
Use props
djiuser_NCXRokNslVsT
lvl.3
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 10:41
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. We would like to know what specific reason why you need to review your flight log? Did your drone experience any type of incident? Please let us know for further help. Thank you for the support.

DJI Tony
No, no accidents, or problems experienced.
I desire just to be able to have more exacting information for various reasons.
1) To be able to duplicate the same photograph in the future = being able to know the exact altitude,  coordinates, time of day etc. so I can frame the same composition at a later date.

2) Knowing flight paths which I may use for laying out a grid to map out some properties.

3) Knowing flight paths, so if a path is being repeated, I have a better chance of finding my "lost drone" if that were to happen, referencing a past flight log can be very helpful.

4) Study of logs will help me to improve as a pilot.

5) Logs will help me analyze performance of Spark as well as batteries, signal loss, interference areas  etc.

I do not desire to just upload my logs to DJI or any other company for analysis.
I want to read the info myself. I'm a privacy advocate. I do not want my GPS location, images I shoot and other personally identifiable information to be let out to others.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_NCXRokNslVsT Posted at 12-26 11:56
DJI Tony
No, no accidents, or problems experienced.
I desire just to be able to have more exacting information for various reasons.

Hi, thanks for these clarifications. Please refer to the link below for our tutorial on how you will check the flight log of your aircraft. Thank you for continued support.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-114810-1-1.html
2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules