altitude settings
3034 11 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerial Survey & Productions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

I used to work with PIX4d for mapping but on every job I've flown there were always issues. Sometimes minor but nevertheless it wasn't as stable as I'd hoped it would be.
Lately I started using DJI GS PRO. Since it's an app bij DJI I have more faith in this that I have in other mapping apps such as PIX4D or Dronedeploy. True it doesn't offer double grid as PIX4d does but you can solve this by flying each mission twice and changing the flight path direction.
There's one thing that causes great concern.
When I go through my general settings in de DJI GO4 app, you can't do this in GSPRO, I set the maximum altitude to 91mtr (which is the limit in Belgium). Then quit the DJI GO4 app and open DJI GSPRO to start the mission.
But when I return to the DJO GO4 app the maximum altitude setting has changed to 500mtr !
I did some testing.
If you are only using DJI GO4 you can quit and restart the app as much as you want, your altitude presettings are stored. But if you switch between the two apps the reference altitude is always reset to 500mtrs.
What I would like to know if DJI GSPRO takes over the 91 meters I preset or will it set 500 meters as max. altitude ? This altitude is way to high especially since I'm flying in CTR zones.
Anyone else having this problem ? I'm on the latest software and using an I2.

2018-12-25
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Why would you have a maximum altitude setting in an automated mission?

It's your responsibility to create a mission in which all the waypoints (and RTH height) are below your allowed flight altitude.
(here: < 91m AGL) The aircraft will not climb to some random altitude by its own.

The max. altitude in GO4 could be helpful when flying manually.
This is to prevent the operator from flying involuntary above a limit.

(if you are flying manually with GSPro or GO4, it's always up to the operator to not violate airspace)
2018-12-25
Use props
lvl.4
Belgium

Keule,

I'm aware that mapping is autonomous but nevertheless when I set a reference altitude I would appreciate it if this pre-setting was stored. I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't be stored ?
Also what happens in case of a fly away when the altitude setting is at 500 meters ?
I've had several fly aways with PIX4D. In all of the cases I was able to regain controle of the drone but what if not ?
I stil think this is an issue that should be taken care of.
2018-12-26
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't rely on any settings in DJI Go4, just set all the parameters (including height) within  GS Pro. It works fine.
Just be sure the SAVE the mission before starting the flight - otherwise it will start the mission but with some strange behaviour.  
Also - note that there is application quite similar to DJI Go4 embedded within GS Pro, you can switch between the Camera View and the Mission View using the image at the bottom/right of the screen.
This is VERY useful for camera settings and focus..
Best wishes..
Allan
2018-12-26
Use props
lvl.4
Belgium

Allan,

Thanks for you reply. Untill recently I've been flying with PIX4d with my Inspire 1  but when using an Inspire 2, since you can't really adjust camera settings, the final result  is not good enough. So far I've only been testing DJI GSPRO.  What I'll do before each mapping is fly the drone to the mapping height. Set camera setting to manual. Adjust the aperture, shutterspeed and ios. The focus is set on infitity. Then land the drone and start the mission. All my upcoming missions have already been saved. The next few days I'll be doing some mapping for several customers. I hope this app won't let me down !
One more thing though. Do you know the difference between the save button (disk icon, top left in the app screen ) and the icon just next to this (parameter settings).
kind regards, Guy
2018-12-26
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You really don't need to make the initial flight to set the camera, you can adjust all the camera settings from within the app but you need to switch from the MISSION View to the CAMERA View to do so.
Just tap the camera view at the bottom right of the display. Its works much like DJI Go4.
The icon to the right of the Save (disk) icon saves the current mission parameters (height, speed, overlap etc.) for all future missions. Its unnecessary in my view, so save both Parameters and Mission each time.
Regards
Allan
2018-12-27
Use props
lvl.4
Belgium

Allan,

Yesterday I flew the misson and I must admit I'm quite impressed wiht DJI  Ground Station.  Especially the fact that you can monitor all the necessary information, from both flight parameters as well as the information about the camera settings is very handy. Dronedeploy does a great job as well but you do need to swith between the DJI GO4 app and Dronedeploy wich for me is still annoying. With GS pro no need for that. Every bit of infomation needed for a flight is all there in jus tone app. I did 6 flights and was impressed how solid this app was. No glitches, no problems whatsoever.I will be using this app more often in the future. No more PIX4D.

2018-12-28
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Aerial Survey & Productions Posted at 12-28 04:57
Allan,

Yesterday I flew the misson and I must admit I'm quite impressed wiht DJI  Ground Station.  Especially the fact that you can monitor all the necessary information, from both flight parameters as well as the information about the camera settings is very handy. Dronedeploy does a great job as well but you do need to swith between the DJI GO4 app and Dronedeploy wich for me is still annoying. With GS pro no need for that. Every bit of infomation needed for a flight is all there in jus tone app. I did 6 flights and was impressed how solid this app was. No glitches, no problems whatsoever.I will be using this app more often in the future. No more PIX4D.

I've personally had issues with DJI GS Pro failing to maintain the overlap I set in the flight plan, so just be aware of that and verify your data is in spec with what you need.
2018-12-28
Use props
lvl.4
Belgium

Thanks for the heads up with the overlap issue. I've just finished processing and all looks good. I always set the overlap on 80%.
But I'll keep checking this in the future.
2018-12-29
Use props
lvl.4
Belgium

Just in case anybody was wondering .
These camera settings work best for me so far with mapping :
Camera set on manual
Aperture on 2.8 (depth of field is almost a non issue in mapping)
ISO at 100
Shutter speed depending on the ambient light. I’ve been down to 1/320 and still had sharp images.
Focus on infinity.
White balance depending on the weather (choose between sunny and cloudy)
Remember to adjust the focus when starting another mission. If GSPRO has been shut you must also check your camera settings again.
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_2dtWgxBXs1AE
lvl.2

Spain

Thanks for the heads up with the overlap issue. I've just finished processing and all looks good. I always set the overlap on 80%.  
https://downloader.vip/ccleaner/ , https://www.happywheels.vip/ , https://vlc.onl/
2019-1-1
Use props
djiuser_4YYJMKBRPRlY
New

India

Download For Android
2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules