Extending the WIFI range
3813 19 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

was wondering if this plugged into a power bank would extend the range of my phones wireless and DJI GO4. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Xiaomi- ... 2FVbTM4Y:rk:88:pf:0
OR maybe a wifi extender that has a wall transformer that feeds it 5vdc, using batteries instead of the wall transformer ?

2018-12-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Well flying with controller is better as safer, btw Merry Christmas!
2018-12-25
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

a Controller hands down is the best and safest way to control it

that wifi repeater will increase ur range from phone to drone i will say u may get the max of 100m in phone with it
2018-12-25
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m getting 3km in FCC mode with my spark. I think it’s plenty of distance for the spark, I only use the cheap plastic parabolic range extenders, they do work.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-25
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

Well flying with controller is better as safer, btw Merry Christmas!
I do have an RC. It's just that I lose the video feed in what 30m and I got VR Goggles with my drone. Merry Christmas back at you.
a Controller hands down is the best and safest way to control it

that wifi repeater will increase ur range from phone to drone i will say u may get the max of 100m in phone with it
without a doubt the RC is safer ...also need to set your RTH too. probably would need something around 1 watt.

I’m getting 3km in FCC mode with my spark. I think it’s plenty of distance for the spark, I only use the cheap plastic parabolic range extenders, they do work.
I received a pair of the parabolic antennas also I will try them. that's almost 2 miles...does your spark go out of sight.

2018-12-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Frunobulax Posted at 12-26 04:19
I do have an RC. It's just that I lose the video feed in what 30m and I got VR Goggles with my drone. Merry Christmas back at you.
  without a doubt the RC is safer ...also need to set your RTH too. probably would need something around 1 watt.

Well you should consider getting one, you can get the most out of it with the RC
2018-12-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Frunobulax Posted at 12-26 04:19

BTW that was weird how you get like 3 replies in one comment?
2018-12-26
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

Well you should consider getting one, you can get the most out of it with the RC
LOL  read it again... I said I do have an RC, its just that I lose the video feed on the phone

BTW that was weird how you get like 3 replies in one comment?
why is that weird ?
2018-12-26
Use props
warubikku
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
Philippines

O......T......G.......Cable.

Why bother with wifi?
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Frunobulax. Thank you for sharing this information regarding the wifi extender. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for the DJI Spark. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Thank you.

2018-12-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

A OTG cable, minimum on android, gets you where you wanna be.

Aside that ANY phone needs to be performant enough, to handle the lifestream
2018-12-26
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

warubikku Posted at 12-26 06:01
O......T......G.......Cable.

Why bother with wifi?

He said about connection between RC and Spark, not between RC and phone. What type of OTG Cable do you suggest to connect RC and flying drone?))
2018-12-26
Use props
warubikku
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
Philippines

Lysak2003 Posted at 12-26 11:43
He said about connection between RC and Spark, not between RC and phone. What type of OTG Cable do you suggest to connect RC and flying drone?))

LMAO, too late am to be responding to these ouch lol
2018-12-26
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY READING MY POST ...LOL all I want to be able to do is view where my spark is going and not loose the video feed after a few hundred feet.  
2018-12-26
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Belgium

Frunobulax Posted at 12-26 20:12
THANK YOU FOR ACTUALLY READING MY POST ...LOL all I want to be able to do is view where my spark is going and not loose the video feed after a few hundred feet.

use OTG + FCC Mode + no Wifi on phone and 4g = Max Range
i had 30m out of box like u now no longer after doing those especially FCC mode Which DJi store told me to do =)
2018-12-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

He is in FCC, methinks.
What phone is he using?
2018-12-26
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

My friend got a parabolic range extender after having his max distance being only a few hundred feet, and he was able to go for over a mile. That could be a viable option.
2019-1-2
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
United States

My friend got a parabolic range extender after having his max distance being only a few hundred feet, and he was able to go for over a mile. That could be a viable option.
that's for the RC and not the wireless...isn't it? I am looking to see the video feed as far as the spark can go. Tell me if I am wrong, I was under the impression the mobile device wireless connects to the Spark and also the RC connects to the Spark, two separate connections.....?
2019-1-2
Use props
fansb1fe1104
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Frunobulax Posted at 1-2 19:05
that's for the RC and not the wireless...isn't it? I am looking to see the video feed as far as the spark can go. Tell me if I am wrong, I was under the impression the mobile device wireless connects to the Spark and also the RC connects to the Spark, two separate connections.....?

The mobile device can connect to the drone via wifi if you want to control the spark using the controls on the phone. Also you can connect the drone to the RC via wifi while your mobile device connects to RC via wifi This sounds like what you are doing. If you do not use the OTG cable to connect your mobile device to the RC, the max video transmission with wifi is not very far like 100 meters I think I read. But if you connect the mobile device to the RC using OTG cable the video transmission range will be much further, most likely until the RC loses connection and goes into RTH mode.
2019-1-2
Use props
djiuser_k6jb2yANfHnd
lvl.1

South Africa

Hey I c u say u use repeater on your spark I've got xiaomie wifi repeater I used it on my tello whill it also work on the spark
2020-7-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules