Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Moire Patterns Continue
12Next >
4623 62 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been awhile now. Was wondering if anyone found a way to get around the Moire Patterns that filing with the Pro give me. Never had it on any Phantom line. Brutal when I film Cargo Ships and Corn Fields. Using Filters to get Shutter down etc.

2018-12-25
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
United Kingdom

I respectfully suggest you read and understand the cause of the patterns, in Wiki. The effect is not avoidable, by filters, but a different approach to filming than you are adopting. You need to change, nothing else is possible.
2018-12-26
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 12-26 01:12
I respectfully suggest you read and understand the cause of the patterns, in Wiki. The effect is not avoidable, by filters, but a different approach to filming than you are adopting. You need to change, nothing else is possible.

Well surely I could do that but I had no such patterns with the Phantom 3, 4, 4p, 4pv2 so if it was my flying wouldn't it have shown up then? Reason I mention filters is someone said my shutter was too high
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Brian, sorry to hear that you are having issues with Moire patterns. To reduce moiré pattern:

1. Change the camera angle as the angle of the camera to the object may cause a moiré pattern.
2. Change the camera position: Move the camera to the left and right or up and down.
3. Change the focus. Excessively sharp focus and high detail on the detailed pattern can lead to a moiré pattern, and a slight change in focus can change the sharpness, which in turn helps eliminate moiré.
4. Change the lens focal length.
5. Eliminate the moiré that appears in the final image with image processing software (we don't recommend third-party software).
6. It is impossible to eliminate all the moiré in any situation. For different environments and angles, different settings and methods are needed to reduce or eliminate.

Hope this helps. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-12-26
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 08:17
Hi Brian, sorry to hear that you are having issues with Moire patterns. To reduce moiré pattern:

1. Change the camera angle as the angle of the camera to the object may cause a moiré pattern.

Most of these solutions not so easy to do when filming live action event. How about DJI make the camera as good as the Phantom 4 and we all win?
2018-12-26
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

BrianKushner Posted at 12-26 11:52
Most of these solutions not so easy to do when filming live action event. How about DJI make the camera as good as the Phantom 4 and we all win?

Moire occurs when the resolution of the lens exceeds the resolution of the matrix. Do you want DJI to degrade lens resolution? I'm afraid not everyone will agree with you ...
2018-12-26
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 12-26 12:54
Moire occurs when the resolution of the lens exceeds the resolution of the matrix. Do you want DJI to degrade lens resolution? I'm afraid not everyone will agree with you ...

So your saying that the lens in the Mavic 2 is so good it makes the image look bad and the lens in the P4PV2 is not as good and makes the picture look better? Because again I haven't found a P4P owner that thinks the M2P video is better.
2018-12-26
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Russia

BrianKushner Posted at 12-26 20:06
So your saying that the lens in the Mavic 2 is so good it makes the image look bad and the lens in the P4PV2 is not as good and makes the picture look better? Because again I haven't found a P4P owner that thinks the M2P video is better.

It would be nice to see an examples...
To correctly compare the video, you need to capture the same place with two copters. And it will be seen whether they are subject to the moire equally and which of them has better resolution. So far, the comparisons I have seen show that they are equally affected.
2018-12-26
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 12-26 23:59
It would be nice to see an examples...
To correctly compare the video, you need to capture the same place with two copters. And it will be seen whether they are subject to the moire equally and which of them has better resolution. So far, the comparisons I have seen show that they are equally affected.

Sergey I'm not the technical type. All I know is I never saw any issues with my P4P video and still don't and with the M2P it doesn't look "as good" to me and the Moire Patterns. As you know many many people brought this up. I'm not going to be the one to solve it.
2018-12-27
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 12-26 01:54
Well surely I could do that but I had no such patterns with the Phantom 3, 4, 4p, 4pv2 so if it was my flying wouldn't it have shown up then? Reason I mention filters is someone said my shutter was too high

This link might explain the problem.
https://photographylife.com/what-is-moire
The difference between one sensor configuration and another (one drone model) explains why the effect is not a constant.
I mentioned your flying, only because if it is a moire pattern then you are hitting a sweet spot with remarkable accuracy.
On the other hand, it is conceivable that your sensor has a symmetrical fault, but highly unlikely.
I hope you find a solution.

Regarding the shutter speed, the validity of that suggestion is dismissed by the article in the link above.
2018-12-27
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-12-28
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 12-28 05:16
You haven’t posted one single positive comment for the M2P since launch... how about you star using the Phantom instead and sell the Mavic? From all your complains that would be the logical thing to do as the issues you refer to cannot be addressed via firmware,

My “old” D810 had tons of Moiré being a high res DSLR. I learned to work around the problem. How about spending more time learning how to avoid moire instead of complaining? Writing on forums is not going to help you making better videos...

Ha now this is funny. I owned the D810 and never had Moire issues, nor does my current D850 or D5, or Z6. I'm a NPS photographer. I love the drone except the camera. So why attack me for saying so?  I'm one of thousands that have complained about the camera in this forum and others. So it isn't my imagination.   

Didn't mean to rattle your cage, I'd hate for you to fall from the pedestal you've placed yourself on.
2018-12-30
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You haven’t posted one single positive comment for the M2P since launch... how about you star using the Phantom instead and sell the Mavic? From all your complains that would be the logical thing to do as the issues you refer to cannot be addressed via firmware,

My “old” D810 had tons of Moiré being a high res DSLR. I learned to work around the problem. How about spending more time learning how to avoid moire instead of complaining? Writing on forums is not going to help you making better videos...

Oh and if you bothered to look you'd see this post which I would say contradicts your claim above. I know your type....Keyboard Warrior.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-167099-1-1.html
2018-12-30
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

You haven’t posted one single positive comment for the M2P since launch... how about you star using the Phantom instead and sell the Mavic? From all your complains that would be the logical thing to do as the issues you refer to cannot be addressed via firmware,

My “old” D810 had tons of Moiré being a high res DSLR. I learned to work around the problem. How about spending more time learning how to avoid moire instead of complaining? Writing on forums is not going to help you making better videos...

There may be some validity in your comment but in fairness to the OP, he paid a considerable amount of money for the M2p. - I think he is perfectly entitled to raise his misgivings.

As a M2p owner I too have some concerns regarding image quality although they are slightly different.

One thing I have learned is that it is pointless (but unavoidable, especially if you own both) to directly compare the M2p to the P4. - Unfortunately the Mavic really does not reach the image quality of the bigger/older drone in a number of ways, both for stllls and/but especially video.

I do understand some of the possiblr technical limitations of fitting the largrr sensor in smaller camera body but I do think DJI could somewhat improve on it if they wanted to.

My biggest beef is with that 'cinematic', soft, warm and yellow 'Hasselblad' derived colour rendering with lack of contrast. - Awful but thats a story for another thread.

Meanwhile, my advise would be not to sell your your P4's just yet!
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_oHurtgCr7tTc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 747772 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, you need to defocus slightly, there is no other way to avoid moire. Once u have moire in your image u do not get rid of it. If moire occurs the reasons are inproper configuration of your optics, detector and analog signal chain with respect to pixel spitch, optics psf (defocus enlarges psf). All goes back to sampling theorem (shannon).. DJI needs to configure it properly. Too sharp images dont bring you any benefit, but problems.
2018-12-31
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Most cams including DSLR's, Micro 4/3ds etc used to have anti aliasing filters to combat Moire and, as been mentioned, the filter slightly softens the picture.

These days the trend is to do without the filter. The result is more detail. The big camera makers add their own ever more powerful processors to overcome this and other problems.

I assume DJI use a Sony sensor but I do not know how advanced their processors, specifically the one in the MP2, is and whether or not they still use an anti aliasing filter. My guess is not.

What surprises me though is that moire is a problem at all as the MP2 has less resolution and softer rendering than either the Zoom or P4 at 4k of what I have seen. - I certainly wouldnt deliberatly reduce it any further.
2018-12-31
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-1
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-1
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-1 14:55
Sorry, my bad. You have posted 1 positive comment regarding the M2P, Would you like me to count the negatives?

Keyboard warrior? Why? ...and should I assume that you’re a “street” warrior, going around kicking ass? Get a grip fatty

F*ck Off Tough Guy!
2019-1-1
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-1
Use props
fansd0f264ec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5085 ft
United States

classy post...thanks for your contribution
2019-1-1
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

C'mon boys and girls. We're all enjoying the same hobby.

Cuddle and a happy NY
2019-1-2
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

The camera on the Mavic Pro is not as good as the latest phantoms.
Period.
The Mavic is good, but not "great" at imaging. it's basically a cell phone camera on a gimbal.....
You will have to do either some post processing, and or tweak the resolution to get out of the Moire Club....
2019-1-2
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 1-2 11:21
The camera on the Mavic Pro is not as good as the latest phantoms.
Period.
The Mavic is good, but not "great" at imaging. it's basically a cell phone camera on a gimbal.....

Well I was attacked for saying that.
2019-1-2
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-1 15:59
#iflyadronebecauseican’tgetanythewayilook

Wait that's not true your mom gives me plenty!!!
2019-1-2
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-2
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

What is it with you and my weight. This is the 4th post you've made about my weight most calling me a "fatty". Surely your mom can't be 75 because I put you at about 14 or so, the age when people call others fatty. Why hide behind the keyboard. Perhaps I can find something to make fun of you about like some juvenile ass clown.  On and wow you got my number...while it's old it was mine at one time. Again, you hide and then post personal things.  I have no criminal record but if you want to now get into libel that will be fun. Post whatever you want..  I'm not going to go back and forth with an internet tough guy.
2019-1-2
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Russia

Scandals, intrigues, investigations ...
Guys, you need to go on some talk show on TV, they usually like to measure length of mojo.
I think this forum is not the best place for this.
2019-1-2
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-2
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-2 17:40
#iamstupidenoughtoputmyrealnametoshame

Ps. I am 46, tough enough and my mom thinks you’re cute...and you do have a record Brian, it cost me 26$ to get your report. I spent that money gladly and I would suggest we leave it here. You will have more fun shooting birds and taking care of cats, believe me. Closing, you claim to be a photographer and you’re stating that your D810 didn’t had moire issues... You must be joking right?

I challenge you to post this record you claim I have and back it up. You must be really obsessed to spend $26 on me but go ahead let's see what you got. And again you keep posting personal data about me that is supposed to be not allowed on the forum.  Not tough enough to post your identity though ha.

Go ahead keyboard warrior post this record you say I have.
2019-1-2
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 1-2 16:44
Scandals, intrigues, investigations ...
Guys, you need to go on some talk show on TV, they usually like to measure length of mojo.
I think this forum is not the best place for this.

DJI doesn't allow blocking someone so I keep getting harassed. I'c reported the post to no avail. Sorry.
2019-1-2
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-3
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-3 01:40
Now we crying... DJI should also block folks using the f word and wanting to have sex with 75 year old ladies... don’t be a hypocrite fatso. All what you wrote is a few lines above.

And you’re right about posting personal information that’s why your number is ‘masked’, I know the law, don’t be naive. But I am surprised on how easy one can get this sensitive information with 2-3 clicks online in US... cool.

Dude you are a winner. All mouth...You continue to call me fatty and make fun of my pic (at least I have the balls to put one up) You post the names of about 5 relatives and claim it was masked. You know I've refrained but two can play the information game. Let's start with this. I saw your jock shots, dudes like you beat their wives. Hope that isn't the case with Vanda!
2019-1-3
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-3
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-3 12:27
I’ve never hit a woman, you’ve got that wrong babe. You can ask Vanda yourself ;)

That’s one of your (many) issues, you assume the wrong things. You assume people is attacking you if they disagree with your behavior, you assume people are keyboard warriors when some people could rip your head off with a kick, you assume you know photography because you shoot birds and you assume you understand your gear while you state that high-res cameras (like the D810) without an antialiasing filter have no moiré... and closing you assume that you can say to people to f..k themselves and you can put a man’s mother in your filthy mouth... in reality, I would slap you around and you wouldn’t do nothing, because you’re a coward Brian.

Ha. Didn't say you hit anyone, I said dudes like you. There's that ROID RAGE kicking in. Gonna rip my head off with a kick. Still waiting for that criminal record you claim I have to be posted.  Come on tough guy,  If you spent $26 as you claim to research me then you should know I have the ways and means to deal with muscle brains like you.
2019-1-3
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-3
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-3 14:13
Don’t be stupid Brian. You wouldn’t do ..., like always. Take a loooong look in the mirror, you know you’re far from the “doing” type of man... and let’s face it,  at 57 and with your physical condition, the end is not far.

I will stop for now, I don’t want to bully you around.

I didn't say I would do I said I have the means to do. I've never contradicted myself I don't have a record and I"ve challenged you to put it up but as I've said your all talk.

Let's see you've called me fat, ugly etc in almost every post you made.Why are you obsessed with my looks, are you into dudes? It's puzzling that a grown man would continue to mention my weight, looks etc. I don't have any issue with the way I look. Puzzling is that you must think your some God, if so why couldn't you do better then you have or perhaps you prefer manly looking women? I'd take a look close to home before making fun of others looks. Post my record why won't you? You claim to have it and I've asked you 5 times now to post.  I would like to see it.  Maybe a little less on the muscles and more on the brains!!!

Love Fatty

PS Let me know if you would like some nude selfies if your getting tired of doing it to my profile pic.

2019-1-3
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Guys? Hold your horses. It feels like you two are married together and go through a bad patch. Kiss and make up.
Anyway moiree as said before sometimes cannot be avoided , i noticed it sometimes too on my footage ,but i guess i have to live with it. Anyway happy 2019
2019-1-3
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-4
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 1-4 01:54
Yes Brian, I am into dudes, you got me. Please send me some nude photos of you, I beg you... and I am into girly looking old man (you got that one wrong sweetie)... and I love fat, I use to eat a lot when Keto dieting...

A healthy brain in a healthy body is the secret to a healthy life Brian, you’ve missing both.

Your so perfect I've decided to make you my avatar so I can look at you and know what perfection looks like.  I'll be reminded every time I visit this forum. By the way I'd wear the hat too if I was losing my hair at such a young age. #justsaynotoroids
2019-1-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules