Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Case interferes with DJI Smartphone Adapter
1552 12 2018-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Hey all,

Anyone notice that it’s virtually impossible to have a phone case? Solutions? I was thinking of picking up a Spigen thin case.

Also, anyone realize that the plus size phones have a noticeable pull on the device that makes it look like the adapter is about to snap? Maybe it’s just me.

Leave comments or suggestions below please!!

JN
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi ironicgull68, sorry for the confusions. There is no problem with putting up a case with your mobile device as long as it is not thick or the design of the case is not unusual. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

What do you mean? I’m using an otterbox symmetry case and it seems as though all DJI had to do was add 1/8 of an inch to the adapter for it to work. Unfortunately, I enjoy having the protection of a phone case so now I have to get a new case or pay to fix my broken phone every time I use this device and potentially break my phone.

Will there be an accommodation for this in the future or could you provide a specific case that is usable for my purposes, while also protective.

JN
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ironicgull68 Posted at 12-26 09:37
What do you mean? I’m using an otterbox symmetry case and it seems as though all DJI had to do was add 1/8 of an inch to the adapter for it to work. Unfortunately, I enjoy having the protection of a phone case so now I have to get a new case or pay to fix my broken phone every time I use this device and potentially break my phone.

Will there be an accommodation for this in the future or could you provide a specific case that is usable for my purposes, while also protective.

Hi ironicgull68, I will be introducing this to our R&D's for them to be notified and see what they can do. As for now, I know that this protective case is important to you. If using the otterbox symmetry case is hampering the adapter, just remove it for you to be able to use the Osmo Pocket efficiently. Thank you.
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 09:43
Hi ironicgull68, I will be introducing this to our R&D's for them to be notified and see what they can do. As for now, I know that this protective case is important to you. If using the otterbox symmetry case is hampering the adapter, just remove it for you to be able to use the Osmo Pocket efficiently. Thank you.

Ok but you’re not understanding I don’t want to have to remove it

I was asking if you know of a case I could get that would work.

Thank you for notifying researchers and developers
2018-12-26
Use props
CruiseHabit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would definitely like to see a USB-C connector that sticks out just 1/8" more so that I could use the device with a case +1
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ironicgull68 Posted at 12-26 09:46
Ok but you’re not understanding I don’t want to have to remove it

I was asking if you know of a case I could get that would work.

Hi, I understand you don't want to remove the case. But if using the phone with this case and hampers the adapter, then you may remove so for awhile when using the Osmo Pocket. Apologies but I don't know a specific phone case that would fit in to your mobile device. Thank you.
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

CruiseHabit Posted at 12-26 09:48
Would definitely like to see a USB-C connector that sticks out just 1/8" more so that I could use the device with a case +1

Maybe enough +1’s and theyll make one, for now check out spigen they make a thin fit and liquid air case that I will test out.
2018-12-26
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

I’m just waiting for the WiFi and Bluetooth adapter.
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 12-26 12:48
I’m just waiting for the WiFi and Bluetooth adapter.

True, I’m also looking for a possible alternative using a usb c to lighting cable, may make it more usable. The other idea is the use of a usb c ported microphone. This would allow vloggers a microphone without the DJI 3.5 mm attachment
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.2
United States

ironicgull68 Posted at 12-26 13:15
True, I’m also looking for a possible alternative using a usb c to lighting cable, may make it more usable. The other idea is the use of a usb c ported microphone. This would allow vloggers a microphone without the DJI 3.5 mm attachment

I’m going to make a video comparing a pro shotgun or lav mic vs the Osmo mic. I found attachable wind screens, look up micromuff on Amazon. Very useful
2018-12-26
Use props
Onsomehill
lvl.2
United States

iPhone X and Tech21 Evo Mesh case works just fine with my OP.
2019-2-8
Use props
djiuser_lqb0vCNCKiT2
New

United States

Hello! I just purchased the DJI wireless mic to use with my 23 ultra, and unfortunately I have found this issue is effecting me as well. The phone must be removed from the otterbox to be connected. Has any kind of longer C port connector been made available for purchase yet, Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! *Update: nevermind! A pair of wirecutters did the trick!
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules