12Next >
2669 47 2018-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Recently my mavic pro original (bought april 2016) achieved her 3 millionth meter flown - Well done little mavic - well done dji and thank you both.

During last 1000km i have suffered my most crashes to date - although none as severe or damaging as my very first crash some days after i first got it.
I crashed twice into the ground at high speed - once into top of a palm tree - once into the middle of a wattle tree and once at the base of another tree.
Crash analysis indicates that excess risk taking and flying sideways coupled with not paying enough attention are the root causes.
Lesson learned: pay extra special attention for potential obsticles (trees, buildings etc) before doing sideways flight or orbits.

After my last crash i located my drone and decided to test activating the beeping sound to alert me where the drone is - i could not find it. at the time i was not stressed as my drone was in front of me so i had time to calmly look around for how to make my drone beep - as i said i could not find it.
Perhaps a slightly easier or more intuitive way to access 'make my drone beep' can be a future improvement in Find my drone toolbox.

The only damage my drone suffered out of all those instances was a few brocken props and one leg of one of the rubbers that hold the gimbal in place.
Have flown with the brocken rubber for a few months now - the brocken rubber/ elastic piece does not seem to cause or to be a problem.

Batteries - 1 and 2 are original batteries 3 and 4 are about 1.5 years old
1 and 2: recharged 245 times - getting between 12-15 min flight time depending on wind strength - landing usually at about 20-25%
3 and 4: recharged 80 times - getting between 15-20 min flight time depending on wind strength landing with 20-25%
I fly mostly in sport and often in the wind. When sometimes i fly slowly and if there is no wind then my flight times per battery increases by about 2-3 min per battery.
Occasionally i dust my drone with a damp cloth.
At this time i see no indication of wear and tear or of decreased performance (except batteries as noted)

Sorry about the large image below - do not know how to make it smaller
Looking forward to my next million meters and more of your company

3million meters.png

2018-12-26
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Here is christmas day celebration boat racing session
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Bekaru MP UAV. Congratulations on this great achievement and thank you for supporting DJI. Have a safe and happy flying always.  
2018-12-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's some serious mileage.

Well done buddy
2018-12-26
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-26 10:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2_ssXOAXmE

Cool video! Great job!
Happy holidays!
2018-12-26
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on testing you Mavic Pro to the depths, almost 10,000.000 feet is impressive feat. I think the Mavic Pro is an amazing machine and it does all the hard stuff while making it look smooth and easy. I usually clean my Mavic Pro with special moist wipes used for electronics and they come in a bag of 30. I find using these wipes on the body and frame as well as props and motors restores my Mavic Pro to its original dark gray composite self. Usually fingerprints can leave oils and other residue on the Mavic Pro, however, if you use these special electronics wipes than you can clean off drone nicely plus I always keep the Mavic Pro on a flat surface with its arms extended rather than folding and storing it inside its case. DJI states that the arms can be extended up to 3,000 times, and I'd rather not have one more thing I need to think about in terms of needing to count how many times I may fold and unfold the arms, rather I just leave it in its ready position with the gimbal clamp attached. I'm sometimes think I'm overly particular about my Mavic Pro, but then again all you need is that 1 time that something goes wrong because of faulty preparation, and my feeling is DJI makes the best hardware that we all buy. As long as we maintain and care for their equipment, then the drones should take care of you and in your case the Mavic Pro has taken good care of you reaching 3,000,000 meters!
2018-12-26
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-26 10:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2_ssXOAXmE

Congrats.

I am thinking DJI do not want too many people like you, they would go broke !

Awesome footage of the boats, clearly after so many airmiles you know your way around your drone.
2018-12-26
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Atlas_Aus Posted at 12-26 21:24
Congrats.

I am thinking DJI do not want too many people like you, they would go broke !

haha - thanks atlasaus.
Certainly my skill has improved some over the time but truthfully it is down to a ridiculous amount of luck that my drone is still alive - so grateful for that.
2018-12-27
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

Congrats Bekaru! the mavic pro is a wonderful aircraft with many strengths and capabilities. Well done!
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

davidmartingraf Posted at 12-26 20:48
Congrats on testing you Mavic Pro to the depths, almost 10,000.000 feet is impressive feat. I think the Mavic Pro is an amazing machine and it does all the hard stuff while making it look smooth and easy. I usually clean my Mavic Pro with special moist wipes used for electronics and they come in a bag of 30. I find using these wipes on the body and frame as well as props and motors restores my Mavic Pro to its original dark gray composite self. Usually fingerprints can leave oils and other residue on the Mavic Pro, however, if you use these special electronics wipes than you can clean off drone nicely plus I always keep the Mavic Pro on a flat surface with its arms extended rather than folding and storing it inside its case. DJI states that the arms can be extended up to 3,000 times, and I'd rather not have one more thing I need to think about in terms of needing to count how many times I may fold and unfold the arms, rather I just leave it in its ready position with the gimbal clamp attached. I'm sometimes think I'm overly particular about my Mavic Pro, but then again all you need is that 1 time that something goes wrong because of faulty preparation, and my feeling is DJI makes the best hardware that we all buy. As long as we maintain and care for their equipment, then the drones should take care of you and in your case the Mavic Pro has taken good care of you reaching 3,000,000 meters!

hi, thanks david.
My dear drone gets folded after each flight.and stored in the soft bag. leavig it unfolded would be preferable for me but its not an option for me because of how i travel - up to this point i am happy that the open and close of the arms still feels good.
To date i can remember only two wear and tar problems. First the clip on my gimbal cover broke which actually i was happy about because i then got a new one with gimbal guard and cover all in one unit - i like that better
other thing is that my drone carry bag zip has broken - thats half disappointing - because it has two top zips and only one is broken - the other one zips up 3/4 of the top so thats ok.
Also i am surprised that the bearings on the motors still feel normal. i do not use the landing matt and frequently launch and land on dusty dirt roads.
best wishes to you and your familly for 2019
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

jacksonnai Posted at 12-26 20:43
Cool video! Great job!
Happy holidays!

thanks jacksonnai - happy holidays for you too... and best wishes for 2019
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Woe Posted at 12-26 19:05
That's some serious mileage.

Well done buddy

hi woe - thanks mate - best wishes for you and your family for 2019. wishing you prosperity happiness and safe travels.
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-26 10:00
Hello and good day Bekaru MP UAV. Congratulations on this great achievement and thank you for supporting DJI. Have a safe and happy flying always.

thank you dji stephen
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

integer Posted at 12-27 01:55
Congrats Bekaru! the mavic pro is a wonderful aircraft with many strengths and capabilities. Well done!

thank you integer - yes really great machine - few know better than you :-)
how do you find the RE goggles - i got the white ones - they are great and i fly with them a lot. Curious about what is differnet between the 2 - i should google to check that out.
Can you use the re goggles on mavic pro original also?

Take care and happy flying - best wishes to you for 2019, look forward to seeing you around
2018-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice
2018-12-27
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-27 02:14
thank you integer - yes really great machine - few know better than you :-)
how do you find the RE goggles - i got the white ones - they are great and i fly with them a lot. Curious about what is differnet between the 2 - i should google to check that out.
Can you use the re goggles on mavic pro original also?

RE goggles their big difference from white goggles is that you can use them in racing drones.I use them for both, the mavic  and for the racing drones. are fully compatible with mavic pro. best wishes to you my friend!
2018-12-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Well done buddy, that is some going, awesome
2018-12-27
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2018-12-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-27 02:04
thanks jacksonnai - happy holidays for you too... and best wishes for 2019

Thanks mate!
2018-12-27
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

That's great achievment. Congratulations. Wish to be there some day
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

nixuspix Posted at 12-27 03:42
That's great achievment. Congratulations. Wish to be there some day

thank you nix - i wish it for you also - happy flying
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 12-27 02:26

hi john, thanks. best wishes to you and mish for 2019. looking forward to more great videos from you both.
2018-12-27
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Well done on the distance flown ...  and yes some very nice video.  
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Anthony566 Posted at 12-27 05:32
Well done on the distance flown ...  and yes some very nice video.

thank you anthony - it as nice to hear that folks enjoy the clips as it is to fly them - appreciate your comment thank you.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Bekaru MP UAV. Happy holidays.
2018-12-27
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Congrats but best keep on keepin' on as there are others not far behind you hehe
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

rolling56 Posted at 12-27 09:48
Congrats but best keep on keepin' on as there are others not far behind you hehe

thank you rolling56 - i have a current advantage of holidays and good weather

2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

hi montfrooij - thank you and for your continued support on this forum - best wishes for 2019 to you and your familly
2018-12-27
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

integer Posted at 12-27 02:22
RE goggles their big difference from white goggles is that you can use them in racing drones.I use them for both, the mavic  and for the racing drones. are fully compatible with mavic pro. best wishes to you my friend!

i googled the racing quads last nite to discover that dji has a racing model. - eish i did not know that!!
First clip i watched was the the roto riot guys with mrsteele flying the drone
i think i would like that to be my next drone
2018-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-27 23:08
hi montfrooij - thank you and for your continued support on this forum - best wishes for 2019 to you and your familly

You're welcome.
I wish you nothing less!
2018-12-27
Use props
integer
First Officer
Greece

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-27 23:18
i googled the racing quads last nite to discover that dji has a racing model. - eish i did not know that!!
First clip i watched was the the roto riot guys with mrsteele flying the drone
i think i would like that to be my next drone

out there has a better racing drones from dji. search  for diatone.
2018-12-28
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Well done! Let's go for  to the 5M now.
2018-12-28
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Well done! Let's go for the 5M now. DJI, thanks for the quality put in these machines.
2018-12-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Sky Carrier Posted at 12-28 13:15
Well done! Let's go for the 5M now. DJI, thanks for the quality put in these machines.

thanks sky carrier -
2018-12-28
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Awesome.. here's to your next 3 million
2018-12-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

STRIDE8 Posted at 12-28 14:12
Awesome..  here's to your next 3 million

thanks stride8
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Very impressive mileage.
2018-12-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Panda Posted at 12-28 23:14
Very impressive mileage.

Thank you - well done dji for making this durable machine
2018-12-29
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

#Quick Reply Here#Congratulations! I fully agree with your impressions of the MP - this is a great car. It gives a lot more emotion than I spent money on buying it. Even crash, which happened many times, did not spoil my opinion. Happy landing in the coming New Year!
2018-12-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Outstanding distance - good work!
2018-12-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced