PHANTOM 3 BATTERIES VS. MAVIE 2 BATTERIES
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

Wondering what happened to the selection of number days to discharge the batteries that we have in the Phantom 3 batteries?  Being as the Mavic 2 doesn't give us that option, are the batteries really different? Is it bad for either batteries to leave them for 10 days to start the discharge cycle? Sometimes, batteries are charged fully to fly and either weather or circumstances change and the batteries just sit. It would be great to get some input for those of us that don't have a good grip on the subject. We all want to care for our batteries correctly to get the best performance and life out of them. This to me is a little bit unclear. Is there a simple explaination that would help us out to better understand? What actually happens to the batteries if they are left for the 10 day period, Phantom 3 as well the Mavic 2 battery? How important is this? If the Mavic 2 doesn't give us this option, why, and after all, is it necessary on the Phantom 3? One last question, what actually happens to the batteries when they are left for the 10 days that harms their total performance?
2018-12-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have zero experience using them. But mavic flight packs, are like any,  & I advise to top them up, before flying  even if you think they are full.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-26
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-26 14:18
I have zero experience using them. But mavic flight packs, are like any,  & I advise to top them up, before flying  even if you think they are full.

I guess maybe I missed my point. I was trying to find out the importance of not leaving batteries fully charged beyond so many days. And now with the Mavic 2 we don’t have the ability to choose how many days before the battery will discharge automatically. Hope this makes sense this time. Sorry for the confusion.
2018-12-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Run them to 50% and they should be fine.

Your batteries should realistically be used or drained and charged every three months.

RedHotPoker
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SITKAMICK. Thank you for the inquiry. Please take care of your DJI intelligent flight batter according to safety guideline. Please discharge the battery to 45%-60% if it will not be used for a long period of time, but you need to fully charge and discharge the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain battery health. Please read clearly more details: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines-EN.pdf . Thank you.
2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules