4908 16 2018-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeJT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pocket Osmo won't initialize my 256GB Amplim XC card capabile of 100MB/S. I've tried formating on the Osmo but fails. It dioes create the Dir DCIM/MISC but retun Failded.  I've tried formated on my laptop in both MS-DOS (FAT32) and FxFat with same results. I tried putting the card in my MavicAir and it record video to it fine.

Is this a Pocket Osmo bug?
2018-12-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

That's probably because the Osmo Pocket is limited to using 128gig cards. It's in the specs
2018-12-27
Use props
sixthday
lvl.2
United States

Format may not be enough. Use the Windows Administration Tools -> Disk Management,  Remove the partition and then recreate the partition. And then try again.
2018-12-27
Use props
MikeJT
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-27 00:00
That's probably because the Osmo Pocket is limited to using 128gig cards. It's in the specs

Thanks, wasn't aware of that limitation. However, it works fine in my MavicAir.
2018-12-27
Use props
MikeJT
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

sixthday Posted at 12-27 04:46
Format may not be enough. Use the Windows Administration Tools -> Disk Management,  Remove the partition and then recreate the partition. And then try again.

Sorry, no Windows in this household. Anyway, the disk is fine, it records video no problem when inserted in my MavicAir.
2018-12-27
Use props
k9kids
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

OP does indeed support a 256GB card.

I use one just fine.

684F97F2-425A-4539-8355-3879CE96703A.jpeg
2018-12-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

k9kids Posted at 12-27 08:14
OP does indeed support a 256GB card.

I use one just fine.

My bad then. Sorry.
In that case, it could be the card is being read wrong and does need formatting before use as directories from being used in your drone may not be compatible with the OSMO Pocket directory system. If you don't have a PC then there are a few programs on the net that allow you to format cards safely. I'm not sure what you have but a windows version of a card formatting program that I have is called SDFormatter and originally was downloaded from the Lexar site.  These programs are normally free. The reason for formatting such cards in a dedicated program is that sometimes there are hidden folders on large capacity cards that instruct the card how to work, and if those get formatted the card becomes bricked.
2018-12-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

As it supports the 256GB format, and you've had success with it recording with your Air try reformating using the Air.  Run the reformat sequence a few times, too.  Then, do it again using the Mimo App to direct the reformat.  Something similar happened for me with a new 128GB card.  I reformatted in my Mavic Pro, then moved the card to my OP and fired up Mimo.... now it works !
2018-12-27
Use props
jimcam2k18
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21234 ft
United States

I also have been successful using a 256GB card. (Samsung 256GB EVO Plus Class 10 UHS-I microSDX U3)
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we know if you couldn't take photos or videos while using the SD card? Have you tried to use different SD cards to see if the problem will persist? If you manage to use different SD cards and you're not getting the same scenario, I'm afraid that this might be a compatible scenario of the SD cards. You may refer to the list below for SD cards compatibility. Thank you for continued support.

Samsung EVO Plus 32GB UHS-1 Micro SDHC
Samsung Pro 64GB UHS-3 Micro SDXC
Samsung Pro Endurance 64GB UHS-1 MicroSDXC
Samsung Evo Plus 64 UHS-3 MicroSDXC
Sandisk Extreme 16/32GB UHS-3 MicroSDHC
Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB V30 A1 UHS-3 MicroSDXC
Sandisk Extereme Pro 64GB V30 A1 UHS-3 MicroSDXC
Lexar 633X32GB UHS-1 MicroSDHC

2018-12-27
Use props
ZenAndMotorCycl
New

Hong Kong

Hi MikeJT,

For embedded system like Camera, I/O peripheral  devices driving capability is typically not as good as PC, thats' why most of them will provide a recommended card list, not only for speed and capacity reason.

AFAIK, Osmo Pocket and Mavic are based on different platforms (i.e. Chipset), it is common that the have different portability on SD cards.

Also, different cards manufactures have very different on card resistance/signal timing spec.

Based on the list Admin posted above, I think DJI has done SD portability tunning for Samsung & Lexar & Sandisk cards, maybe not for Amplim. 256GB cards are supported on Osmo Pockets spec as somebody posted above.

I suggest you try a different brand's card, or wait for them to distribute new firmware to expand SD portability.

2018-12-27
Use props
sixthday
lvl.2
United States

MikeJT Posted at 12-27 08:13
Sorry, no Windows in this household. Anyway, the disk is fine, it records video no problem when inserted in my MavicAir.

If no windows, than try to find another way to recreate the partition. The underline issue is that some of the card manufactures put overlay information in the header blocks of the cards and the partitions that come from the factory. Some readers can deal with this, and some cannot. Keep reformatting it wont help, you will need to recreate the partition information so that it is standard
2018-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Mike... I just looked up the specs on that card... Along with the specs can the $PRICE$ !! That's insanely expensive, and spec-wise way more than you need for the Pocket.  You could purchase a half-dozen 128's of an 'approved' brand.
2018-12-28
Use props
TonyFonagerDK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245013 ft
Denmark

Okay, so after struggling for 1 week with getting my Osmo Pocket to work with my Kingston cards (also used in my Mavic Air drone), I got it working by inserting an old Sandisk 8 GB card.

So I need to buy a new Sandisk card for the Osmo.

Can anyone elaborate on the difference in Extreme, Extreme Pro and Extreme Plus ?

Also, is there an (un)official list of tested SD cards for the Osmo ? Maybe community driven ?
2018-12-29
Use props
Tocassido
lvl.1
Czechia

Im using this card and no problem :-)

hopefully it will help you!

2018-12-30
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im using a 200GB Lexar 633x card - works perfectly fine - so don't feel you are limited to SanDisk......
2018-12-30
Use props
Otis Porsche
lvl.1
United States

We have the Osmo action camera -
Purchased 128 extreme SanDisks to maximize recording time.
Will these also work? -
- SanDisk 256GB Extreme UHS-I microSDXC

Entending recording time is important to us.
Entered a 5,000 mile rally 10 days driving 10-12 hour days
This February the rally goes north to Aklavik and Tuktoyaktuk then over to Coldfoot finishing in Anchorage in time for the Iditarod sled race.
2020-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules