OP Mount compatible with 3rd-party mount bases?
1208 11 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Does anyone know if the official OP Mount's foot (the 2-pieces at the back with screw holes, i don't know the "official name", thanks) fits into 3rd-party mount bases that were made for Go Pro devices?

This.png
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi PiteousPlayer, apologies for the confusion. Kindly refer to this link for more detailed information about the Osmo Pocket Accessory Mount . Hope this helps. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes... without a doubt.  If a 3rd party accessory fits a GoPro product it WILL fit the Accessory Mount.  (Answered in a different forum post, but I couldn't find it !!)
2018-12-27
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Ya I think it is the same one as I saw some people that got it earlier mount it on gopro accessory mount
2018-12-28
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-27 08:26
Hi PiteousPlayer, apologies for the confusion. Kindly refer to this link for more detailed information about the Osmo Pocket Accessory Mount . Hope this helps. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you for your support.

Your hope didn't come true. Please be helpful and guide me to the exact section of the over-simplified product page you given which you think it is any better than your worse than bot response.

Thank you if you finally become helpful.
2018-12-29
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

Today, about 1 hour ago, I received the DJI mount and control wheel for OP. The mount fits 100% with all GoPro mounts, at least those I have. It is very well built piece and provide very secure option for mounting OP on tripod or any GoPro mounting accessories. Once it is locked there is no way OP can be removed out even using significant force.
The wheel control unit is brilliant. Despite the size it is very functional and unlike gimbal control on Mavic Pro controller it will let one to adjust pan/tilt very smoothly. Very good ergonomics in my opinion.
Very happy with the purchase!  
2018-12-31
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

j.r.r. Posted at 12-31 16:50
Today, about 1 hour ago, I received the DJI mount and control wheel for OP. The mount fits 100% with all GoPro mounts, at least those I have. It is very well built piece and provide very secure option for mounting OP on tripod or any GoPro mounting accessories. Once it is locked there is no way OP can be removed out even using significant force.
The wheel control unit is brilliant. Despite the size it is very functional and unlike gimbal control on Mavic Pro controller it will let one to adjust pan/tilt very smoothly. Very good ergonomics in my opinion.

Thanks for the review of these products. I am waiting for the Wi Fi Module to be released so I can get the expansion pack with the two items you mentioned as well as WiFI module. The pre-reviews of the control wheel is my number 1 accessory I am waiting for.
2018-12-31
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

j.r.r. Posted at 2018-12-31 16:50
Today, about 1 hour ago, I received the DJI mount and control wheel for OP. The mount fits 100% with all GoPro mounts, at least those I have. It is very well built piece and provide very secure option for mounting OP on tripod or any GoPro mounting accessories. Once it is locked there is no way OP can be removed out even using significant force.
The wheel control unit is brilliant. Despite the size it is very functional and unlike gimbal control on Mavic Pro controller it will let one to adjust pan/tilt very smoothly. Very good ergonomics in my opinion.

Thank you for the quick comment of the new accessories. About the wheel control, how is the switch between pan and tilt? convenience?
2019-1-1
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

PiteousPlayer Posted at 1-1 19:27
Thank you for the quick comment of the new accessories. About the wheel control, how is the switch between pan and tilt? convenience?

The switch between tilt and pan could be a bit more expose but not big deal, it still allows me to flip it using thumb of the same hand which hold camera. After couple tries you should have no problem using it without even looking at it. Since wireless adapter is not available yet there is no way to have phone and wheel control connected at the same time but this issue will be solve once DJI starts shipping wireless adapters. In my opinion the wheel control is a must, gives me fast and easy way to control camera gimbal. The position of wheel provides precise/smooth control of gimbal movements. Despite the very compact size it give the operator ability to use one hand to control it. I'm in Toronto where weather in winter is rather cold so I tried to use OP wearing leather gloves. The pair without any fabric liner inside works very well, no problem to control camera or wheel, even screen swipes/touches worked very good. The thicker pair with liner wasn't as good, the touch screen is inresposive but ability to control are still acceptable.
2019-1-2
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

j.r.r. Posted at 1-2 03:26
The switch between tilt and pan could be a bit more expose but not big deal, it still allows me to flip it using thumb of the same hand which hold camera. After couple tries you should have no problem using it without even looking at it. Since wireless adapter is not available yet there is no way to have phone and wheel control connected at the same time but this issue will be solve once DJI starts shipping wireless adapters. In my opinion the wheel control is a must, gives me fast and easy way to control camera gimbal. The position of wheel provides precise/smooth control of gimbal movements. Despite the very compact size it give the operator ability to use one hand to control it. I'm in Toronto where weather in winter is rather cold so I tried to use OP wearing leather gloves. The pair without any fabric liner inside works very well, no problem to control camera or wheel, even screen swipes/touches worked very good. The thicker pair with liner wasn't as good, the touch screen is inresposive but ability to control are still acceptable.

I just tried connecting the Pocket with my phone using a USBC-to-Lightning cable.. it works great! I am planning to hook the Pocket on my backpack strap and pan tilt using my phone.. indeed downvoting the wireless adapter
2019-1-7
Use props
micholix_1
lvl.2
Austria

Just to your Information, i bought a lightning to usb-c cabel that can be conected to the bottom charging port and it works great, you have full functions control from your phone/mimo app to your OP, even the app starts, when connecting the OP to the phone!
so you dont have to connect your phone to the port at the side, it works with the bottom port too.
first i thougt, i'll need the wireless adaptor, but now i can clamp my OP to my backpack and put my phone in the pocket and with an external batterie i can charge the OP with the same cabel...
2019-1-8
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

micholix_1 Posted at 1-8 00:19
Just to your Information, i bought a lightning to usb-c cabel that can be conected to the bottom charging port and it works great, you have full functions control from your phone/mimo app to your OP, even the app starts, when connecting the OP to the phone!
so you dont have to connect your phone to the port at the side, it works with the bottom port too.
first i thougt, i'll need the wireless adaptor, but now i can clamp my OP to my backpack and put my phone in the pocket and with an external batterie i can charge the OP with the same cabel...

haha exactly XD
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules