Who has Stuck/Hot Pixels on their M2P?
1394 8 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sudo911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 486545 ft
Ireland

Can I get a show of hands as to how many people have Hot/Stuck Pixels on their Mavic 2 Pro?
I've about 3 that are clearly visible on mine during night time shoots, but I've seen reports of others with many times that.

stuck pixel.jpg
2018-12-27
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Upload an original video from the SD card?
2018-12-27
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

No such problem here
2018-12-27
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I have seen a member here have hot pixels after recording a while.

The crappy thing is they won’t warrant a few dead pixels. It’s just like a tv.  Their warranry states that a few dead pixels is “normal”.  :/
2018-12-27
Use props
Sudo911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 486545 ft
Ireland

Fraggboy Posted at 12-27 15:50

The crappy thing is they won’t warrant a few dead pixels. It’s just like a tv.  Their warranry states that a few dead pixels is “normal”.  :/

Interesting.... where did you see that a few dead pixels is normal on the DJI warranty? Couldnt find such a policy, but did see another user have theirs replaced due to the issue (only to have the replacement with the same issue!)
2018-12-27
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

Fraggboy Posted at 12-27 15:50

Ya like scratches on the back of the gimbal because of poor quality control is normal also.
2018-12-27
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

This could be aged discussion but I also recently , found this nasty fault
3 or more  dead or idle pixel sparking like dead star and this issue is on the brand new M2P   
The more I watch   night shots the more I found ,
this weekend I will return it .
Happy to hear if anyone found another solution to deal with this fault
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI_007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5712 ft
Sweden

akozc Posted at 7-23 17:44
This could be aged discussion but I also recently , found this nasty fault
3 or more  dead or idle pixel sparking like dead star and this issue is on the brand new M2P   
The more I watch   night shots the more I found ,

Same here, had less than a week, did the first night flight and noticed a single pixel switched on immediately.  Seems like a return will likely result in the same from other comments on here so no guarantees you'll get a perfect one.  I don't find it acceptable on such an expensive piece of kit, and also one that I got specifically because of the better camera sensor for night shots! Kjell and Company have suggested I contact the DJI service centre but I'm thinking to just return to them and hope a swap out doesn't have the same fault, but also there's a risk it could have more dead pixels than the 1 I have now.  Seems it would be better if DJI actually allowed these pixels to be remapped like on DSLR's rather than replacing the whole unit.
2019-7-24
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

DJI_007 Posted at 7-24 01:56
Same here, had less than a week, did the first night flight and noticed a single pixel switched on immediately.  Seems like a return will likely result in the same from other comments on here so no guarantees you'll get a perfect one.  I don't find it acceptable on such an expensive piece of kit, and also one that I got specifically because of the better camera sensor for night shots! Kjell and Company have suggested I contact the DJI service centre but I'm thinking to just return to them and hope a swap out doesn't have the same fault, but also there's a risk it could have more dead pixels than the 1 I have now.  Seems it would be better if DJI actually allowed these pixels to be remapped like on DSLR's rather than replacing the whole unit.

yes, there is big possibility the replacement could be even worse so kind of gamble I can say.
I tried to ignore  but once you know there is a dead pixel your eyes automatically focus on that point and kills your  enjoyment  on the video footage.

2019-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules