Simulator No Image
4482 21 2018-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Eui3LmH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft

Australia

Hi, new to DJI so may be missing something. Using an Inspire1 with all firmware upgraded. Samsung S9 Tab. When I go into simulator I don't get the animated image I see on all the videos, just a black screen with the telemetry showing. I can take off and fly about and the GPS view shows the aircraft moving but I don't get an image on the screen of the aircraft in flight.

What am I doing wrong?
2018-12-27
Use props
djiuser_LGX3Y7vnUcRs
lvl.1

United States

Having the exact same issue here, but am using the S9 phone and not the tablet. The Inspire 1's camera is visible and everything else seems to be working fine, but I want to practice in the flight sim before actually flying for the first time. Thanks for any insight.
2018-12-28
Use props
djiuser_Eui3LmH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440 ft

Australia

I have read that there is a PC version. Plug your drone in via the usb port to the PC, run the app, power on the drone and controller and it displays on the PC. I haven't tried it as I would like to get my phone working.
2018-12-28
Use props
djiuser_LGX3Y7vnUcRs
lvl.1

United States

While I haven't yet found a definitive answer about the flight sim on the S9 phone and/or tablet, I did find the link to download the DJI Flight Simulator to install on my laptop, (Alienware 17 R2 2015), and it works perfectly. I've been able to practice in the simulator all day and it's a blast. Go to the dji.com site and add  /simulator to the url. Looks like it's Win10, and they want you to have a GTX1060 video card, but my AW 17R2 has a GTX970 and it works fine. The sim uses the Unreal gaming engine and the visuals and environments are highly detailed. Highly recommended! Now I can build up a lot of flight hours before actually flying the Inspire 1 so I hopefully don't crash it. Woot!
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the Simulator, you are referring to the Simulator in APP-Academy right? Did you install the gimbal? What is your APP version?
We have also released DJI Flight Simulator which is a PC version, you can download here: https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#downloads
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_LGX3Y7vnUcRs Posted at 2018-12-28 19:37
While I haven't yet found a definitive answer about the flight sim on the S9 phone and/or tablet, I did find the link to download the DJI Flight Simulator to install on my laptop, (Alienware 17 R2 2015), and it works perfectly. I've been able to practice in the simulator all day and it's a blast. Go to the dji.com site and add  /simulator to the url. Looks like it's Win10, and they want you to have a GTX1060 video card, but my AW 17R2 has a GTX970 and it works fine. The sim uses the Unreal gaming engine and the visuals and environments are highly detailed. Highly recommended! Now I can build up a lot of flight hours before actually flying the Inspire 1 so I hopefully don't crash it. Woot!

Hello there, thanks for your recommendation, hope you enjoy it, have a safe flight.
2019-1-1
Use props
Johnny Taylor
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-1 22:28
Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the Simulator, you are referring to the Simulator in APP-Academy right? Did you install the gimbal? What is your APP version?
We have also released DJI Flight Simulator which is a PC version, you can download here: https://www.dji.com/simulator/info#downloads

This answer is worthless. My phone will not load the Go academy simulator screen either. I can see telemetry, GPS map, settings, literally everything but the main part of the screen. This has been an issue FOR MONTHS! PLEASE FIX IT!
2019-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Johnny Taylor Posted at 3-21 21:05
This answer is worthless. My phone will not load the Go academy simulator screen either. I can see telemetry, GPS map, settings, literally everything but the main part of the screen. This has been an issue FOR MONTHS! PLEASE FIX IT!

Hi Johnny, sorry to hear that, we need the APP version, the mobile device model and a screenshot of your Simulator for further analysis, please provide to us at your most convenience. Thank you in advance.
2019-3-22
Use props
Johnny Taylor
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-22 23:56
Hi Johnny, sorry to hear that, we need the APP version, the mobile device model and a screenshot of your Simulator for further analysis, please provide to us at your most convenience. Thank you in advance.

2019-3-24
Use props
Johnny Taylor
lvl.1

United States

2019-3-24
Use props
Johnny Taylor
lvl.1

United States

On Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S7, and Galaxy Tab A. All three look the exact same.
2019-3-24
Use props
Johnny Taylor
lvl.1

United States

On Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S7, and Galaxy Tab A. All three look the exact same. (Sorry for multiple posts, photos not attaching)
2019-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Johnny Taylor Posted at 3-24 15:37
On Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S7, and Galaxy Tab A. All three look the exact same. (Sorry for multiple posts, photos not attaching)[view_image][view_image]

Thanks for the details, Johnny, I have tested with the iPhone and the Simulator works fine, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further test, I will keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-3-25
Use props
Johnny Taylor
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-25 01:18
Thanks for the details, Johnny, I have tested with the iPhone and the Simulator works fine, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers for further test, I will keep you updated, please wait patiently, thank you.

Obviously an Android issue then. Not sure why this is so difficult to fix.
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Johnny Taylor Posted at 3-28 23:32

Johnny, our engineers have tested the same mobile phone and the same drone with the same APP version and firmware, the issue didn't happen. What is the system version? Did you test with an Apple device?
2019-3-29
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Johnny Taylor Posted at 3-28 23:32

Johnny, just wanted to ask, so you have your Samsung connected to the controller, the controller is turned on, and the drone has the camera installed and turned on also?  It should work.  Puzzled by this one.
2019-4-1
Use props
Colorado_Cwboy
New
Flight distance : 8655 ft
United States

I'm having the exact same issue.  Samsung Tab A with SPen.  
2019-5-16
Use props
GrimReaper
New

United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

I'm suffering the exact same way as Johnny above!

In the end, I just decided to try to fly the drone. I tested the camera, used the auto-take-off and auto-land and it worked flawlessly. So I know that my phone is connecting correctly to the controller and to the drone. However, when I enter the academy simulator, it behaves exactly as stated above.

I am operating a Google Pixel 2 XL. I am operating with DJI GO v3.1.52(730_go3_googlePlay). My drone is a Phantom 3 Standard. I am operating on Android V9.

I hope that you chaps can help!
2019-6-6
Use props
fans57325b93
New

France

It's still not working here, black screen on the in app simulator
Using Google Pixel 3, Android Pie (June 2019 update) latest Dji go app before P4,  3.1.52
2019-6-14
Use props
dragnfire
lvl.1

Canada

Any update on this issue? I"m having the same problem, drone works fine, I enter the simulator within academy, blank screen like others are posting. Phantom 3 Pro,  google Pixel 2 XL, android 9.

thanks
2019-7-17
Use props
ADHAM
New

New Zealand

Same issue and looks like still useless support. Maybe we are doing it wrong, like maybe we shouldn't of bough a DJI in the first place.
2019-8-31
Use props
ADHAM
New

New Zealand

And by the way, your Flight simulator for PC is not free. SO what's the point
2019-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules