12Next >
17596 41 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse885914b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2122254 ft
Hungary

Hi! I’ve got my Ronin-s yesterday, and can’t remove the grip from the gombal. The lock is open, but it doesn’t move. It seems the lock is not disengaged. Any advice? Thanks
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to hear what happened? The gimbal is very easy to be removed, toggle the safety lock to the unlock position and then slide the gimbal out, if there is no luck, could you please share us a short video? Thank you in advance.
2018-12-28
Use props
fanse885914b
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-28 01:54
Hi there, sorry to hear what happened? The gimbal is very easy to be removed, toggle the safety lock to the lock position and then slide the gimbal out, if there is no luck, could you please share us a short video? Thank you in advance.

Hi!

Here it is:
I try to move it with extensive force, but no luck.
I guess, that the locking mechanism is not released.

Thanks,
H
2019-1-3
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Does it still lock? By that i mean does it still feel like the locking mechanism is in one piece?
If so, try to have it unlocked and twist while "breaking" the seam on the lock side.
The gimbal and handle is fairly strong, so a moderate amount of force is fine.
Something like opening a jar.
2019-1-3
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

StianGel Posted at 1-3 07:45
Does it still lock? By that i mean does it still feel like the locking mechanism is in one piece?
If so, try to have it unlocked and twist while "breaking" the seam on the lock side.
The gimbal and handle is fairly strong, so a moderate amount of force is fine.

Yes it feels locked. I tried the twisting method, but no success
2019-1-3
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

gorduin Posted at 1-3 07:50
Yes it feels locked. I tried the twisting method, but no success

How far forward did/does the locking arm go?
I have seen multiple users where it stops about half way. Excessive force may jam the lock.
The locking arm mates to a splined screw that threads into the wedge. I suspect some units have been shipped with the splines on tooth "wrong".
I had a close look at mine, and i can't really see any way to release it without using force.
You could try to tap the grip part in the seam with some wood or preferably plastic. With the lock in the open position.
2019-1-3
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

StianGel Posted at 1-3 08:41
How far forward did/does the locking arm go?
I have seen multiple users where it stops about half way. Excessive force may jam the lock.
The locking arm mates to a splined screw that threads into the wedge. I suspect some units have been shipped with the splines on tooth "wrong".

When it's "locked", its only halfway closed.
I was surprised, when it went only halfway, but on the forum others have the same issue, and they said it is normal.
2019-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanse885914b Posted at 1-3 06:17
Hi!

Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8HJHS5l8r4&feature=youtu.be

H, thanks for the video, it seems a hardware damage, please start a ticket online and send in the device for the repair service: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-4
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-4 04:59
H, thanks for the video, it seems a hardware damage, please start a ticket online and send in the device for the repair service: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks, i will send it in
2019-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gorduin Posted at 1-4 09:02
Thanks, i will send it in

OK, please keep me updated with the case number if you need any assistance during this process.
2019-1-7
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-7 19:43
OK, please keep me updated with the case number if you need any assistance during this process.

Thanks, I started it, I have to send in the product (I will do it this week)
My case number: CAS-2623578-W6Z3T7
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gorduin Posted at 1-8 01:59
Thanks, I started it, I have to send in the product (I will do it this week)
My case number: CAS-2623578-W6Z3T7

Thanks for the case number, our repair center will take care of it when it arrives, feel free to let me know if you have any concern.
2019-1-8
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-8 02:07
Thanks for the case number, our repair center will take care of it when it arrives, feel free to let me know if you have any concern.

I was at the DHL today, and they asked me for a partner-number/partner-ID for the shipping.  

Could you send me one?

Thanks
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gorduin Posted at 1-10 05:37
I was at the DHL today, and they asked me for a partner-number/partner-ID for the shipping.  

Could you send me one?

Hi gorduin, were they referring to the case number?
2019-1-12
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-12 03:25
Hi gorduin, were they referring to the case number?

Hi!

They asked that I have a partner code, to send it to you, otherwise the shippinbg cost €150
The case number is the partner code?
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gorduin Posted at 1-12 03:46
Hi!

They asked that I have a partner code, to send it to you, otherwise the shippinbg cost €150

Could you please upload the proof of purchase of your Ronin-S to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here for further support? Thank you.
2019-1-14
Use props
maxbloomfilms
New
United States

Hey I'm having exactly the same issue, grip stuck on, can I also start a ticket and send mine in?
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gorduin Posted at 1-12 03:46
Hi!

Hi gorduin, an update for your case, we have sent you the shipping label via email, please find the local UPS store and send in at your most convenience, thank you.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

maxbloomfilms Posted at 1-14 05:56
Hey I'm having exactly the same issue, grip stuck on, can I also start a ticket and send mine in?

Hi maxbloomfilms, sorry to know you have the same problem, we will need the video for further verification and when did you purchase the Ronin-S?
2019-1-14
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-14 22:39
Hi gorduin, an update to your case, we have sent you the shipping label via email, please find the local UPS store and send in at your most convenience, thank you.

Hi! Thanks, I sent in the Ronin today. Thanks for your kind help.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gorduin Posted at 1-15 14:27
Hi! Thanks, I sent in the Ronin today. Thanks for your kind help.

You are welcome, please keep me updated any time if you have further concern.
2019-1-16
Use props
gorduin
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-16 01:51
You are welcome, please keep me updated any time if you have further concern.

Hi Mindy,

Yestarday I got a call from DJI, that I have to send in all the accessories as well.
Could you sent me an other shipping label?

Thanks,
Hunor
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gorduin Posted at 1-24 04:32
Hi Mindy,

Yestarday I got a call from DJI, that I have to send in all the accessories as well.

Hi Hunor, I have informed the team to send another shipping label to ship the rest accessories before, it seems you still haven't received it, I will inform the team to check again, please wait a moment, thank you.
2019-1-25
Use props
Cine Vine
New

I have the same issue. I can't remove the battery grip, and I'm very disappointed. started presenting the problem today after a few takes in the sun. I live in Brazil, and here there is no technical assistance. how should I proceed?
2019-9-17
Use props
Cine Vine
New

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-25 00:37
Hi Hunor, I have informed the team to send another shipping label to ship the rest accessories before, it seems you still haven't received it, I will inform the team to check again, please wait a moment, thank you.

"I have the same issue. I can't remove the battery grip, and I'm very disappointed. started presenting the problem today after a few takes in the sun. I live in Brazil, and here there is no technical assistance. how should I proceed?"
2019-9-17
Use props
khlaid2000
New

Bangladesh

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-28 01:54
Hi there, sorry to hear what happened? The gimbal is very easy to be removed, toggle the safety lock to the unlock position and then slide the gimbal out, if there is no luck, could you please share us a short video? Thank you in advance.

Same problem.The battery grip is stuck can't remove from the gymbal. Any solution for this dji ronin s gymbal. How to detach the battery grip from the gymbal.
thank you.
2019-11-2
Use props
khlaid2000
New

Bangladesh

Cine Vine Posted at 9-17 15:06
"I have the same issue. I can't remove the battery grip, and I'm very disappointed. started presenting the problem today after a few takes in the sun. I live in Brazil, and here there is no technical assistance. how should I proceed?"

dont know what happned to my new dji ronin s gymbal. The battery grip is stuck in the gymbal. Can't remove the grip grip from the gymbal. Any solution.
thank you.
2019-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

khlaid2000 Posted at 11-2 17:54
Same problem.The battery grip is stuck can't remove from the gymbal. Any solution for this dji ronin s gymbal. How to detach the battery grip from the gymbal.
thank you.

How about jiggling the lock lever a couple of times to see if the grip can be removed? If there is no luck, please send in the device for the diagnosis, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket.
2019-11-5
Use props
fansda407351
New

Lithuania

Hello guys, I have the same problem with my grip, it just stucked, any ideas how to fix manually?
2020-6-8
Use props
fansef1ae2b3
lvl.1
Australia

My grip is locked too
Just brought the ronin around 3 weeks ago
Used it around 10 times  
The grip doesn’t come off even though it’s unlocked
I have used a fair bit of force to try and get it off but I don’t want to break it so I’ve just left it now  

I would send it in
But it doesn’t fit in the case as the grip is stuck on so I’m not sure how to safely pack it
2020-6-23
Use props
fansef1ae2b3
lvl.1
Australia

My grip is locked too
Just brought the ronin around 3 weeks ago
Used it around 10 times  
The grip doesn’t come off even though it’s unlocked
I have used a fair bit of force to try and get it off but I don’t want to break it so I’ve just left it now  

I would send it in
But it doesn’t fit in the case as the grip is stuck on so I’m not sure how to safely pack it
2020-6-23
Use props
AndyThef
New

Germany

Same problem here. It seems to be a major issue with this built. I hope it can be resolved soon.
2020-6-27
Use props
ricardooliveiraalves
New

Portugal

Same here!! Just use once. Now I was preparing my production for tomorrow dawn and I’m fucked because I can’t put it on the bag and transport it during production....
2020-6-28
Use props
Psooch
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-11-5 00:48
How about jiggling the lock lever a couple of times to see if the grip can be removed? If there is no luck, please send in the device for the diagnosis, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket.

My grip is also stuck! Literally purchased it 14 days ago, and used it once. The locking lever wouldn’t go all the way- but I read that I shouldn’t force it and it was normal- but now the grip is permanently locked (even if its in the unlocked position). I used some pretty good force, and even tried a rubber mallet, and nothing’s separating the grip from the battery. This is incredibly inconvenient.
2020-8-11
Use props
John Reddy
New

United States

I am having the same issue; I got my SC last month and after I assembled it the very first time, the handle has not been able to detach from the top part. Additionally, the lock will only go about halfway but not all the way
2020-8-13
Use props
Dar1usz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100856 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, i have same issue like John Reddy, but on Ronin S. I assembled it 1st and last time, i cannot detach grip from battery.
Lock will go only about halfway as well.
Any ideas what could go wrong ?
2020-8-28
Use props
fanscc56bc83
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10102 ft
  • >>>
United States

How long is the return process?  I use my gimbal weekly and can't afford to lost out on it.  My grip is stuck too and I've only had this for a couple of months!
2020-10-28
Use props
Nirasha Thenuwara
New

Sri Lanka

I have the same problem. I can't remove the battery grip from My ronin s
2021-2-8
Use props
kevfarthing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11276 ft

United Kingdom

Dar1usz Posted at 2020-8-28 10:39
Hello, i have same issue like John Reddy, but on Ronin S. I assembled it 1st and last time, i cannot detach grip from battery.
Lock will go only about halfway as well.
Any ideas what could go wrong ?

A bit late on this but did you get it resolved?
2021-3-17
Use props
SergeiNarozhnyi
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi, the same issue with my Ronin S, after a month of use.

Battery grip is stuck (locked) and cannot be detached. Its locker is moving very tight at the end position, but it is almost dangling at the unlocked side (and it tends to move to the locked position when not touched). No amount of pressure helps to remove the grip. Seems like the locker is broken, so the grip is "closed".

It is pretty frustrating. Is there any way to manually detach the battery grip, even by some means of disassembly?
2021-3-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules