Flight Simulator and Phantom
9346 13 2014-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jameshoare
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have purchased Phoenix RC V5 flight simulator which has a Phantom preloaded on it. It works fine with the Phoenix controlller, but when I plug the new DJI controller  unit in and try to set up it is a struggle, and the imitated phantom keeps crashing, got through hundreds of props !
Does anyone know the correct settings for the phoenix simulator - as the ones in the Phantom dont seem to work

2014-11-8
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

As it is not clear (at least to Me) what the port is for or how it is wired, i would not jack it into anything until DJI tells us what exactly its function is, could hurt the TX by plugging in to whatever. Most R/C transmitters on the market use this type of port as a "Trainer Port" which can also be used with flight simms with special interface cables they provide to jack into your PC. DJI might have different intentions for this port and since your experience here proves that it may not be for general simm use.
2014-11-8
Use props
PeteWood
New

United Kingdom

rethuringer@icl Posted at 2014-11-8 21:07
As it is not clear (at least to Me) what the port is for or how it is wired, i would not jack it int ...

I have just purchased Realflight 7.5 which also has a Phantom installed. I noticed on the following link that experienced Phantom pilots could not control the simulator easily (go about half way down the page for an example of revised settings) http://www.tested.com/art/makers ... ng-fly-quadcopters/

I really just want to get used to flying a RC Phantom, when it is returning towards me (so the sticks are reversed, so to speak). I haven't tried plugging in the DJI controller - nor will I until someone else shows it works.
2014-11-8
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
United States

PeteWood Posted at 2014-11-8 21:40
I have just purchased Realflight 7.5 which also has a Phantom installed. I noticed on the followin ...

Personally I fly a Blade 180 for practice and keeping sharp. It can be flown indoors (flying around my livingroom is a good challenge) and is good practice. It is small and light weight and not easly damaged when crashed. I have an old version of RealFlight (3.5) I use for Heli practice which is similar for quads. I am hopeing  to get the new version for Christmas. It's tough to learn flight with bird facing you as controls are reversed and not natural, once mastered your good to go. I haven't tried to fly my PV2+ in manual mode yet due to the expensive camera hanging there, don't want to risk it. when a quick disconnect mount becomes available for the camera I will get one and then I can easy remove for recreational fun flights without worry.
2014-11-8
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
United States

I have just purchased Realflight 7.5 which also has a Phantom installed. I noticed on the followin ...

BTW, Great link. All should read and take note.
2014-11-8
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

rethuringer@icl Posted at 2014-11-8 23:38
Personally I fly a Blade 180 for practice and keeping sharp. It can be flown indoors (flying aroun ...

Check out this link there is a quick release available however it is on the expensive side: http://dronexpert.nl/product/pre ... i-phantom-2-vision/
2014-11-8
Use props
rethuringer
lvl.3
United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-11-8 23:47
Check out this link there is a quick release available however it is on the expensive side: http:/ ...

Yea, I have seen that one. Thanks
2014-11-8
Use props
jameshoare
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks
Ive also got a cheap Spektrum Dx4e , which works fine, though the controls are very sensitive, and can nearly do loop the loops with the Phantom!!, which isn't really my desire. It is very sensitive, and I just want to get as familiar as riding  bycycle. In UK we need to have a non GPS flight test to pass CAA exam so is good practice.    New DJI controller talks to software and has plug in back, but need create a bespoke phantom setting of software. I'll have a look

Thanks
2014-11-9
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

rethuringer@icl Posted at 2014-11-8 23:46
BTW, Great link. All should read and take note.

Little tips about the Phantom on RealFlight 7.5. One they call it the Quadcopter X and two the controllers have a throttle trim tab. Use the throttle trim tab and you can get close to a fixed hover position
2015-1-10
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

You mentioned controlling it when it coming toward you. That is something that RC airplane pilots have to learn fast. Also surprises full scale pilots who think that since they can fly full size flying a model is easy.

I was taught "low wing gets the stick". That means if the wing on your right side, not the model's right wing, is low you move the aileron or roll stick to the right. Any simulator or a simple cheap quad should help you get used to it.
2015-1-17
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

There is a little quirk about the Phantom on Realflight that you have to get used to. The stripes are on the rear instead of the front.
2015-1-17
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

In Phoenix, you need to set up a new transmitter to use the new Phantom Tx.

I wound up with this for channels and servo reversing:

Channel 1 = aileron/roll

Channel 2 = elevator/pitch  (reversed)

Channel 3 = throttle

Channel 4 = rudder/yaw

And you don't use the 1/8" stereo to mono adapter for the Phantom Tx, and it has to be turned on unlike the Spektrum.
2015-1-17
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

rethuringer@icl Posted at 2014-11-8 23:38
Personally I fly a Blade 180 for practice and keeping sharp. It can be flown indoors (flying aroun ...

Thumbs up on the 180 QX!  And in it's Agility mode, it flies very much like the Phantom in Manual mode.

The Phantom in Phoenix is also more like Manual mode, except that is does hover in the throttle mid-position in the simulator, whereas in actuallity, it does not.

2015-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules