first time atti mode...
1034 11 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Germany

after now a year of flying, i experienced a shocking moment during a normal flight

the wether on that day was perfect. it was little cold (-1 degree) and there was no wind at all.

i have two batteries for the spark. i flew the fist one and everything seemed normal. then i palm launched with the full charged second battery. at time 1:15 my biggest nightmare startet to happen. i heard the dji go 4 voice anouncing that the spark has entered atti mode. i thought wtf but it stabilized itselve after 2 seconds and returned to the usual p-gps mode.i brought it down as fast as possible. a quick look into the log showed compass and imu failure.

the spark will run out of warranty in afew days... what shall i do?

Thank you

Spark_Pilot_XxXx
2018-12-28
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Germany

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/DJHPACPB8VBF8291URYT/
2018-12-28
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I had that happen to me once. It wasn't cold, but it suddenly switched to ATTI mode. This gives you an R/C quadcopter with really good altitude hold.

I used the camera to turn it around back toward myself and shoved the stick forward. I was a little too far off to see clearly what way it was pointing, but the screen was useful. After a few seconds, it switched back to gps mode as mysteriously as it switched to atti mode. I brought it home and, not knowing what else to do, recalibrated the compass.

It's never done it again.
2018-12-28
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Germany

okay,but what makes me feel a bit nervous is when i fly 400 metres away (which is with the ce standart almost the maximum distance )and when something like this will happen again i am not able to control it.i am not interested in loosing 600$
2018-12-28
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Spark_Pilot_XxXx Posted at 12-28 12:47
okay,but what makes me feel a bit nervous is when i fly 400 metres away (which is with the ce standart almost the maximum distance )and when something like this will happen again i am not able to control it.i am not interested in loosing 600$

Change to FCC mode, issue resolved!
I only fly in FCC mode, flying in CE on the spark is just plain dangerous!!!

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-28
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Running out of range wouldn't have put it to atti mode, just forced a return to home.

I flew Sylvester gingerly for a while, never letting it get very far away till I built up some confidence again.
2018-12-28
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Alex B. Posted at 12-28 14:45
Change to FCC mode, issue resolved!
I only fly in FCC mode, flying in CE on the spark is just plain dangerous!!!

Hi, how do you switch it to FCC mode? and is that relevant in America?
2018-12-28
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Daniella3d Posted at 12-28 16:44

In USA it’s FCC mode, so I suppose that in Canada also. Check if you have 11 channels in the WiFi channels page in the app, then you are in FCC mode already.

Flysafely
Alex
2018-12-28
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Hello! First of all you can train yourself to fly in ATTI mode by setting it on compulsively. Our kind friend Wolferl did this great video for us:
2018-12-28
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

If you want to check your carrent  mode, just look into wi-fi settings. If you a chanel like 149, that’s FCC. If not, you should take an Android device, install any Fake GPS free program, turn it on and ran “Mock location” pointing any place in USA. Then connect this device with your Spark. It’ll say “Switch wi-fi settings due to new location” Accept it. Spark and your Remote Controller will reboot. Now it is in FCC mode. After that turn Fake GPS off. Every time as you turn on your Spark, it will ask you to switch wi-fi settings back, but you should hit Cancel. Be safe.
2018-12-28
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Ukraine

for example https://youtu.be/Is7_btFs1G8
2018-12-28
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Spark_Pilot_XxXx Posted at 12-28 12:47

That is why you shouldn't fly out of eyesight.  Or out of sight where you can tell the orientation of the drone and control it if the autopilot fails.  That is fairly close in and why radio control airplane pilots stay pretty close to themselves.  Relying on video feed to fly the drone is unsafe versus keeping your eye on it.

Just ask the guy flying hundreds of feet straight above himself.  Then he got a GPS update which showed the drone two miles away,...  Then three miles away,...  Gone without the pilot ever knowing where his drone was in the sky.

The Spark is small and portable.  Walk to your photography target and take the photo or video while you are nearby.  Being nearby, you will be able to control it if the Spark goes into ATTI mode.
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules