1100 5 2018-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e29c4d5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79364 ft
  • >>>
United States

is it possible to have the Osmo Pocket track an object during a time lapse or motion lapse?
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello and good day! Unfortunately, tracking an object during a time lapse or motion lapse is not possible. Thank you.
2018-12-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Have you tried this before? I don't think I've seen that implemented anywhere. A slow planned pan, yes, but I can't imagine what the background would look like when tracking an erratic subject. Even a predictable path objects background may prove to look a bit weird visually. I would be very interested in seeing some such clips to evaluate.  
2018-12-28
Use props
fans0e29c4d5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

What I would like to do is track a stationary object while walking and record a time lapse. I
Can do it by recording video and speeding it up in post, but I prefer a true time lapse using photos.
2018-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm trying to think how this could be accomplished, even with a more sophisticated device.  Time/Motion Lapse is really a series of single images that eventually become stitched together.  A moving object would need to be somehow focus locked and with the subject's constantly changing "image" the recording would have to be occurring between each image taken.  That's some pretty challenging tech.  While it probably occurs somewhere, seems like a lot for this little device.
2018-12-28
Use props
fans0e29c4d5
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 12-28 17:16
I'm trying to think how this could be accomplished, even with a more sophisticated device.  Time/Motion Lapse is really a series of single images that eventually become stitched together.  A moving object would need to be somehow focus locked and with the subject's constantly changing "image" the recording would have to be occurring between each image taken.  That's some pretty challenging tech.  While it probably occurs somewhere, seems like a lot for this little device.

I would think it would be easy, the tracking feature works in the photos app, you can select an object and move the gimbal and it will track the object. I don’t know anything about programming, but seems like the same thing.
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules